News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

World Roleplay

Started by W0NWILL, October 28, 2014, 11:47:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trexonian

OOC: Similar to the word Dam. Beaver dam incase it autocorrects this too. My bad though.

Delthion

Hastigeth looked at the wolverine and answered; "Well, if the sun is past it's zenith start looking for shelter, you will find that it takes about that long. But it has been a very long time since I was there."
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

W0NWILL

"Kulland?" Hillary asked, becoming attentive. "Where is that?"

Trexonian

Lexon, Not being well versed in astronomical meridians as he should be, kept silent. And listened to Hillary and Hastigeth's conversation.

Delthion

"Kulland is far to the northeast of here, but it is very rewarding when you get there."

OOC: Is the location of Kulland alright?
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

StagPrince

Lior nervously entered the Snake's Blood tavern - it was clean, he noted, and not too seedy. Not the most up market of meeting places, though he doubted one could find any of those amidst the docks. He brushes at his tunic absentmindedly, feeling acutely aware of the raggedy state of his apparel. Still, the flyer and beast looking for 'adventurers' seemed as good a bet as any. After all adventurer was a rather loose term, right?

He clops in, cloven hooves consciously placed on the worn wooden floors so as to not draw attention to himself - he was a bit of an oddity amidst the inhabitants of Mossflower, and his tall if somewhat slender frame made him all the more aware. He noted the rag tag collection of beasts huddled about a mouse, who looked rather diminutive considering her company. Resolutely, he wrings a rather crumpled scrap of paper from his beat up brown travel sack, careful not to tip his lute out from the rest. He strides the last few steps up to the table, and notes the discussion of destinations - this must be them. They certainly looked the rough adventuring type. He pauses a moment, rush of confidence leaving him all at once, and proffers the note as if in his own defense.

"Miss Hillary, I presume?"

Trexonian

Lexon, quizzingly stared at the stag, carefully making his way through the tavern. "How fascinating, an ungulate and part of the cervidae family species. This certainly will be an excellent expedition, such variety of beasts this cartographer has attracted with her flyers." he thought to himself. Lexon crossed his arms and sat back in his chair, "Best to be waited until introduced" he thought, he was already putting almost everyone here at unease with his presence, and this chap looked nervous enough as it is.

W0NWILL

Hillary, to her credit, barely bat an eye at her first impression of this hoofed creature, "Aye, that's who I am." She regarded him carefully, wondering what such a timid-looking creature wanted with this expedition. A beast pursuing knowledge, perhaps? Realizing she was staring, she quickly offered a paw, "It's a pleasure, sir."

Unimaginative

Kjettle listened quietly, grinning when he discovered that Hastigath was from Kulland. "Ah, a fellow traveler from Kulland! How long have you been here, Venn." Kjettle fell silent and stared as a timid looking Deer entered the Inn. Eventually the odd looking creature made his way to the table and began conversation with Hillary. "Welcome to the crew, sir. Might I ask what that odd looking instrument on your back is?"
"Once built a steamboat in a meadow
Cos I'd forgotten how to sail" - The Gardener , The Tallest Man on Earth

StagPrince

Lior smiles and gladly shakes, pleased that she seems quite nice, regardless of her intimidating company. He dips his head, giving her an elegant bow, one long leg elegantly placed across the other. Then, remembering he was to play the intrepid explorer, he straightens a little and rescinds his hoof, taking care to once more brush off his tunic and puff his chest fur just slightly.

"I am Prince Lior of Feros, a seasoned sailor and one of a kind adventurer. As well as a, uh, an accomplished lutist," He gives Kjettle a slight tip of his head, though makes no move to take it out.

"I wish to join your, ah.. exceptional crew. If you should have room for one more, I mean," He pauses a moment, and mentally chastises himself - at least he started strong? That was definitely an important part of the bravado.

"My family would of course pay you handsomely for my safe passage, too." He adds quickly, hoping that might sway her.

Unimaginative

Kjettle glanced at Hillary, then looked back at Lior. "I don't have the final say, but I suspect our Mouse friend here will happily take more creatures on board."
"Once built a steamboat in a meadow
Cos I'd forgotten how to sail" - The Gardener , The Tallest Man on Earth

W0NWILL

Hillary acknowledged Kjettle's correctness with a nod, and smiled at Lior, "I would be glad to have you, Prince Lior of Feros. And though the nature of this expedition is purely academic, a little more money can never go amiss."

At that moment, a hare preceded the doors as he burst in, and ran up to the table, "Hillary, me ole gel, 'pologies for being late, wot!" He did a double take at the assembled beasts, "'Pon me word! This is a diverse crew you've picked up, wot wot!"

Hillary had jumped a little when the door had banged against the wall, but smiled dryly at the hare, "You're fine, Ginko. I was just about to discuss the route, since no more beasts seem to be coming."

Ginko bowed to the company in general, "Th' names Ginko, and the ship you're sailing on belongs to yours truly!" he dragged another chair over and sat down, listening intently to Hillary as she began speaking.

"We'll depart in the morning, as the ship is already provisioned. We'll go east, and a little bit south, as I recently spoke to a creature who claimed to be from a land southeast from Mossflower." she paused a moment, thinking briefly, "Then we might as well head north and east...try to reach Kulland, as Hastigeth said." Doubt filled Hillary for a moment. She knew nothing of leading a ragtag group of creatures this way and that! She couldn't even sound authoritative if she hadn't spent hours rehearsing such things in the mirror at home. She gripped the edge of the table and took a deep breath, hoping that none of the beasts present had noticed her fear.

Trexonian

Lexon brought a tray of 6 foamy mugs of ale to the center (and cup of chamomile tea in case someone wanted to substitute it) "Where I come from, we have a toast before a long journey" Lexon raised his glass towards Hillary,

"To Cartographer Hillary and her companions, to the ice of the North, to the Sands of the South, the windy West, and the Eastern enigma, may these glasses not be the last ones we raise, nor our good deeds and courage go without need for praise. And tis so be it May we die with honour in fields of battle, so we do not grow old and give groan and moan as our last death rattle. " Lexon gulped his ale in a single breath, wiping the foam from his muzzle, He had a most unsettling look..."Now for more serious matters...IT"S TIME TO FEAST!!! BARKEEP GIVE US A MOST HEARTY MEAL, THIS ROUND IS ON ME!!"

Delthion

Hastigeth was aroused by the loud entrance of the hare and noticed that he and the host of the expedition were acquaintances, and he was curious as to the nature of Lior. But then he was exremely startled by the wolverine shouting in his ear, he looked up irritated, but proceeded to listen to the goings on of others.

Trexonian

Plates of all sorts of foods arrived shortly on the table...The companions began to dig in...or at least Lexon the wolverine did. As he was quite oblivious what was around him momentarily, being distracted with the food and all. He wasn't a disgusting spectacle to watch, but he did eat as if there was an urgency of some sort.