News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

RedwallCon/MossflowerCon/AbbeyCon/SalamandaCon/WhateverCon

Started by Blaggut, March 31, 2016, 09:29:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blaggut

Has anyone ever dreamed of getting together with those who make up the small minority of Redwall Readers? Has anyone dreamed of making new friends around a fire, with a flagon of October Ale in hand? Has anyone read about the great feasts of Redwall, and wished they could participate? Has anyone read of these deadly battles and fearsome warriors, and wished that they, too, could partake in walloping a score of vermin? Has anyone wanted to create legends, wield the sword of Martin, defend the Western Shores, or invade Southsward? Well... All is possible at RedwallCon!

Ok, yeah, I'm thinking a little over-zealously. But this is possible. A lot of people like Redwall. We could have battle reenactments, gather 'round a table in costume and eat Redwall vittles, and make new friends. If we all pitched in with effort and donations, we could host this in some big city. We could fund with a Kickstarter campaign too. Host things in a different place each year, or even build our own abbey! The time is ripe for this. Redwall fans are everywhere, but they disjointed, not all rallied on one site, and no groups or conventions to do. But we can change that, and bring them all together for a few days each year! Who's in?!
~Just a soft space boi~

Dotti Dillworthy

*raises paw (I mean, hand)* Never heard one like that before, but sounds awesome!

Hickory

I'll see who we can scrounge up on the Redwall subreddit. It's hardly active, but maybe someone will be willing to pitch in.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Ashleg

Blaggut

Where should we host it? The location will need a large 'Great Hall' type room, an outdoor field or two (for the 'Orchard' area so we can play Redwall games, and a 'Battlefield' for Redwall battle reenactments) and a kitchen or outdoor area we can use. I'm thinking a place in Houston or Dallas? Both are heavily populated. What large city would you guys prefer?

I think we'll have enough funds to rent most locations. The kickstarter for the Redwall game raised thousands and turned out to be a failure, so I think one for something people know will be successful will be, well, successful.
~Just a soft space boi~

Dotti Dillworthy

Actually I live in South East Asia, so for me, cities like Manila, Singapore or Bangkok would be perfect. They would need something like "Welcome to Redwall Abbey" attraction where guests are introduced to the series, something like "It's a Small World."
Also, there will be booths, where books, merchandise and souvenirs are sold.

Blaggut

~Just a soft space boi~

Ashleg

I probably wouldn't be able to go unless it's in my state. *sigh*

Wylder Treejumper

Umm, hold it on the West Coast, and I might be able to come. But... I'm broke, so don't count on me for any donations.
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Blaggut

Seattle and Portland top the list of most well read cities, so maybe there? Austin comes in sixth and holds plenty of geeks.
~Just a soft space boi~

Wylder Treejumper

What about, say, San Diego? I've got an uncle there...
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Groddil

And I'm in Australia, so I'll never make it to one of these. ;-;

Blaggut

Well we'll hold it in a different place each year. We could eventually do he in Europe, Australia, Asia, etc
~Just a soft space boi~

Lord Daskar

This would be cool, but I wouldn't be able to go. Maybe when I'm an adult though.
When work gets overwhelming, remember that you are going to die. -A Coffee Cup

Be silent, or let thy words be more than silence.

Cheerful
Main Entry:   cheer·ful
Function: Adjective.
1 a : full of good spirits <a cheerful outlook> <cheerful obedience>

Ares saves not the brave man but the coward.