The War for an Abbey's Ruins RP

Started by Eulaliaaa!, February 11, 2015, 01:38:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eulaliaaa!

OOC: so would natalia, her workers, and the creatures be working together?
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

pacificmaelstrom

OOC: She could end up working with them, that could be interesting. I think it would be cool to have some humans stranded on the planet for awhile. Maybe Natalia and a few other humans get marooned there while her family wages war with the new earth government.

Or maybe we try to re-boot the whole idea and start over:

I think this is what went wrong:

1. The in-space plot was disconnected from the on-the-ground plot. The arrival of the Izeroth's forces from Earth pre-emptively prevented the planned human colonization of the planet. That's ok, but the colonization (and the conflict and drama that would ensue) is what would have made this interesting. I crashed the ship and had Natalia run away because there was really nothing else I could do at that point besides surrender.

2. With the colonization gone, we were pretty much grasping for conflict elsewhere, leading to a random free-for-all battle at Redwall and no one seemed to really know why it was happening.

Here is how I think we could do it better:

-> There are no government forces coming from Earth, or if there are, they should be either:

a. weak and ineffective/disinterested in Natalia,
or
b. not coming until way into the story, after the colony is well established,
or
c. interested primarily in establishing a competing colony.

LT Sandpaw

OOC: We could use that with the new story, say Izeroth's character left but a few people did survive the crash and Calvin lives becoming the colony's new leader, Ashenwytes character got driven off and now preforms random raids on the Lands. The Animals are in the process of rebuilding Redwall with help from the small human colony Then Natalia comes back and the People on Earth find out there were some survivors back on Second Earth. The we just go on from there.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Eulaliaaa!

Amazing ideas, I love them! I like the idea of Calvin becoming the leader of the humans (Stashi might be leader of the creatures since there is no current one). So would Calvin be leader of the same group Natalia is in? So basically a small group of humans survive and are working with the creatures (and what happened to Ridge? Just curious) and after a while the new threat begins to attack. I remember Natalia being scarred from having surgery to remove her mutations, so maybe the new enemies would have a simular story?
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

LT Sandpaw

Ridge would probably have been taken back to Earth and killed by the authorities, Chances are he wouldn't survive however he might have escaped but he wouldn't be on Second Earth.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Eulaliaaa!

pacificmaelstrom

Getting Natalia back to the planet would be difficult to contrive without a reboot, I think i'd rather make new characters who survived the ship crash.

Eulaliaaa!

Ok, you can post them in the new sign-up thread  :)