News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Mafia: Just a Minute

Started by Rosie Willowwater, February 13, 2020, 01:03:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rosie Willowwater

*ding-dong!*

You hear the doorbell ring and sigh before begrudgingly getting up from your comfortable armchair in the living room. In an interaction like any other, you open the door to see a mailman with the name "Daryl" stamped onto his uniform.

"Hey man, it seems like your mailbox blew away in the wind, so I thought I'd just hand your mail to you" he said, messing with a strand of hair in the curly mass that sat on head and chuckling.

"It what?" you say as look at the sad mass of dirt that seemed to have been pulled up along with the mailbox that was nowhere to be seen, "I don't remember it being windy yesterday..."

Shaking your head, you take the mail and thank Daryl for his help. As you leaf through the pile, you spot a parchment colored envelope in the sea of advertisements and scams, and curiously examine it.

Just A Minute Recruiting Staff
1 Two St.
Somewhere, FL 23423

Your curiosity peaked, you open the envelope and procure one small card from inside. It says:

"Dear Recipient,
I am pleased to announce that you have been chosen to take part in Just A Minute: the Most Epic Game Show in History! You will be pitted against fellow participants in an incredible battle of skill and wits to see who can complete each challenge in Just A Minute! But, there is a twist! Two players will have a special advantage over the rest of the participants each round, allowing them to sabotage other players and raise their chances of earning a prize of $100,000!
Are you up for the challenge? If so, call 554-911-3232 and we will personally fly you to our location!

Stay adventurous,
Just A Minute Recruiting Staff
"

You glance at your armchair in contemplation, "It's not like I had other plans... how bad can it be?"

Heaving another large sigh, you walk over to your phone and punch in the numbers from the card.

"Hello, welcome to Just A Minute, how may I help you?"

--=--

Welcome to Mafia: Just A Minute! This isn't the first mafia I've made, but this one will be quite a bit different from the last.

Old Mafia: http://redwallabbey.com/forum/index.php?topic=10571.0

I am getting rid of the anonymous aspect for this game, as the main point is to let the story go as quick as possible, and having to keep track of that considerably slowed me down last time.

The period for joining will be over at this time tomorrow, so if you think it is interesting, join quickly! Of course, I will extend the time to around two days if it seems like we do not have enough participants.

Once the game starts, I will message each of you with your role and begin the story.

Make sense? Probably not, so feel free to ask as many questions as you want.

--=--

Players:

1. Kreg
2. Verduga
3. Cornflower MM
4. Kade Rivok
5. Booklover
6. Gonff the Mousethief

Kreg

You can't spell low IQ without a lot of boogaly (boo-ga-lee)

Come To My Shop!

OooooOOooo, shiny!

Verdauga

Hmmmm.....

Why not? Yeah, I'll join,
Killing the mood since 2019

Thanks for the artwork Lass, Scott, and Wortshire! (And Dannflower as well for the Worldstate badge.)

Cornflower MM

Ooooooh, me! Mememememe!!

In other, more adult words, I'd like to join please.

Kade Rivok

This definitely seems interesting.  I'm in.
Words!
Writings of a Mad Man

Songs!
Kade's Vocal Emporium

Gaming!
The Noob Combo

Super Special Medals!

Booklover

Error. Error. Cannot compute.

Rosie Willowwater

Alright, I am going to extend the joining period to tomorrow so that more people can possibly join :)

Gonff the Mousethief

Well, since Rosie had to remind me to join, go ahead and sign me up ;D
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

Cornflower MM

Kreg

Come To My Shop!

OooooOOooo, shiny!

Kade Rivok

Words!
Writings of a Mad Man

Songs!
Kade's Vocal Emporium

Gaming!
The Noob Combo

Super Special Medals!

Rosie Willowwater

Here it is!

--=--

"Good morning!" Corn remarked to the receptionist as she entered the setting of a new adventure she was about to embark on.

She wasn't the biggest fan of game shows, especially ones that needed coordination and balance. Unless there was an epic dance battle, she was pretty out of her depth. However, something about the invitation she had gotten in the mail a few weeks ago fascinated her, and she couldn't say no. Who knew what interesting things could happen if she signed up to join? She might even win!

The receptionist looked up over her purple-rimmed glasses, "Good morning, ma'am. Your name is?"

"Oh, just Corn," she said, fearing the response that her answer had always elicited.

"Corn?" the receptionist said, chuckling to herself, "Like the vegetable? You must have had quite interesting parents."

"Uh, sure, whatever," Corn replied, clearly frustrated with the young woman, "Is there somewhere I need to sign in?"

The receptionist, still quite amused, shook her head and pointed to a door opposite the entrance "Just go through those doors and take a left. The rest of the participants for this upcoming season that you will be filming should already be in there."

Corn, happy to leave her, followed the receptionist's instructions until she came upon a bright blue door at the end of the hallway, and - taking a deep breath - opened it.

The room that stood in front of her seemed like a small meeting room, with a large window covering one wall and a table in the middle surrounded by chairs, five of which were already filled with people. After quickly glancing around the room, she, as expected for a television show, spotted small hidden cameras stationed at each corner of the room.

"Heyyyy, new guy!" a man said, standing up and walking over to Corn to shake her hand, "Welcome to the club of waiting, I'm Kade Rivok, that's Gonff, the short one is Kreg, that one over there calls herself Booklover, and my buddy here is Verduga."

"Nice to meet all of you! I'm Corn." she remarked, and took an unoccupied chair near the window.

The moment she sat down, the door burst open, and a young man with curly hair and a bright green suit and tie walked in the room.

"Hello, ladies and gentlemen, my name is Daryl and I am the CEO and host of this incredible tv show: Just A Minute! As it was explained to you in the letters you all received, each round of this game will consist of a trial that you will have to complete in Just a Minute! If you do not complete each competition in time, you will be eliminated and sent home. But wait, there is a twist! Two of you will be given a chance to sabotage other players each round to make sure that you are the one to win the $100,000! However, after the round is over, the whole group will vote on who they think had the advantage, and whoever they vote for will be eliminated! If the votes are split in a tie, no one will be eliminated! Great, right? Right. Now, everyone take a card. Written on each is your role in the game."

Everyone grabbed their cards and opened them, some with looks of shock, others with disappointment, and others who did not understand what the others were reacting to. Daryl circled around the table again, now collecting the cards.

"Wonderful participation so far, everyone! These cards will now be burnt in lava to keep everything perfectly secret!" Daryl said enthusiastically, grinning "Now, everyone get up and follow me! It's time for the game to commence!" He turned on his heel and dashed out of the room, leaving the group to scramble out of their seats to catch up with him.

"What was that all about?" Booklover gasped once the group had caught up with their host, "You know we can't follow you if you run off like that!"

Daryl seemed to hear nothing and kept on walking at a brisk pace along the many hallways of the set, with a smug grin pasted on his face.

Kreg veered over to Booklover and patted her on the back, "I think that's part of the point. I mean, TV is supposed to be interesting at any moment it can, right?"

"Yeah," Verduga chimed in, "I once saw a show that  threw their participants into a shark pit... I hope that doesn't happen to us!"

"I guess we will just have to wait and see." Gonff remarked, an excited smile spreading across his face, "I hope we get a competition of smarts! Those are the best. Do you think-"

Before he could finish his thought, the group ran behind Daryl through a doorway and realized that they had finally gotten to their destination.

The room consisted of a large pool with two platforms on either end, one of which they were already standing on. The pool itself was divided by glass into six segments, and large inflatable platforms were scattered across each section.

"Welcome, everyone, to the first trial!" Daryl boomed as a large camera, carried by one of his crew, pointed at him and the group. "Line up at the start of each path here, and only one person to a path! I don't want to see any foul play here. At least, not from our non-sabotaging participants! To the two advantaged players, you were given a tiny button along with your card, which you will be able to press during the round to flip over one of someone else's platforms!"

Once everyone had assumed their starting positions, Daryl began talking in his booming voice once again "Ready everyone? Alright! 3, 2, 1, Start!"

--=--

Day 1

Two Mafia alive, one doctor alive.

The messages pertaining to each person's role have been sent.

Mafias and Doctor, please PM me with who you wish to kill/save.

Have fun!

Kreg

*Grabs some popcorn while jumping across the platforms*

Come To My Shop!

OooooOOooo, shiny!

Verdauga

*Tests the platform with my foot before taking a giant step across it.*
Killing the mood since 2019

Thanks for the artwork Lass, Scott, and Wortshire! (And Dannflower as well for the Worldstate badge.)

Booklover

*walks slowly across the platform at first, but gradually speeds up*
Error. Error. Cannot compute.