News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

The Girly Thread

Started by Tiria Wildlough, February 10, 2012, 09:07:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Edraithel

When playing capture the flag I like to be the one that rescues people from jail. I'm not fast enough to get the flag and then get away -_-
"A cage," she said. "To stay behind bars, until use and old age accept them, and all chance of doing great deeds is gone beyond recall or desire." - Eowyn, Lord of the Rings

"Listen for the destination in your heart if you lose sight of your path." D. Gray Man

The Skarzs

(Girly, girly, girly, girly, girly, girly, girly, girly, girly, girly, girly. . .)
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

BlueRose

When my niece asks 'Why' to any stupid question (or for the hundredth time for one question), we answer 'Bananas'. We've done it so often (adding 'purple flying bananas') to the end, that now whenever we answer her with 'Bananas', she'll say 'No beenanas! Purpw fwying beenanas!'. It's adorable.
Was anyone else on the old DAB forum, circa 2009? I was recently reminded of it, lol.

Bitterly jittery, and not very glittery.

The Skarzs

My littlest brother used to say sandwich like 'samich'. Apparently, one Saturday morning, he had crawled up on Dad's chest, and started asking him for a sandwich: "Samich? Samich? Samich? Samich? Samich?"
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

BlueRose

Haha! My sister used to babysit the cutest little girl, and since the girl couldn't pronounce her name, the girl called her 'Ice'. I couldn't say 'library' for the longest time. It was 'liberry'.

Also, I used to have a British accent, and because I was so much younger than my two oldest siblings, people asked if I was their adopted daughter. (Or son, depending on what I was wearing. My looks were rather androgynous at the time. [Aka, I looked like a boy unless I was wearing pink.])
Was anyone else on the old DAB forum, circa 2009? I was recently reminded of it, lol.

Jukka the Sling

You used to have a British accent?
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

The Skarzs

Interesting; someone we knew pretended to have a British accent for so long that she actually did start talking like that. It started out as a being vain, but now it just doesn't go away.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

BlueRose

I did! It was when I was first able to talk to when I was seven, because I couldn't say my R's very well.

Rusvul

I occasionally talk in an extremely bad and possibly somewhat racist British-esque accent. For that reason I don't so much any more. Ah, well, no harm meant or done.

...One time I spoke as such for several hours, and for a few more I couldn't talk normally. It was really quite strange.

Corn, your body is not capable of digesting raw potato. Human teeth have a hard time chewing it, it's far too starchy for us unless we cook it. Raw sweet potato I can't speak to, as I've never had it, but I'd imagine it would be similar.

Leatho Shellhound

Quote from: Edraithel on May 22, 2014, 11:58:40 PM
When playing capture the flag I like to be the one that rescues people from jail. I'm not fast enough to get the flag and then get away -_-

I guard the flag, that way I know it will be hard for the other side to win. I can be a nasty surprise to the opposing side when I walk out of the shadows. And I let may friends go get the enemy flag. My team has won every time with this strategy.
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

BlueRose

Oh! Raw sweet potato is like jicama! I love it! It's soooo sweet and crunchy!

I've got a decent Cockney accent when singing certain songs. Can't use the accent anywhere else for the life of me.

Rusvul

...Who's that? What's jicama? Are you actually capable of digesting raw sweet potato?

I'm terrible at running. Usually the only way that I can ever get to the enemy flag is by sneaking past people. Helps that I usually play in a forest, and all the clothes I ever wear are simple, green, brown, or very dark blue.  And I'm also somewhat practiced in stealth- Still not very good, mind, but sometimes I can manage to not be seen.

Dannflower Reguba

I've got the speed to burn by everyone I know, but I hate the thought of ever getting captured, so I just defend my side. As you can imagine, that makes things a little difficult.  ;D
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

BlueRose

Quote from: rusvulthesaber on May 23, 2014, 02:54:56 AM
...Who's that? What's jicama? Are you actually capable of digesting raw sweet potato?

It's a root. Like carrots. Or turnips. In fact, jicama is also known as Mexican turnip, or Mexican yam. You should try and have one sometime! They are really delish.

Rusvul

Hmm. I like how this has become a random discussion topic, instead of a girly one.

Leechi? Lychi? Lichi? Something like that. On the topic of foods that I haven't had, leechi nuts. Yeah. Except I've had them. So this is utterly pointless. Hah. In your face, intelligence.