News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Do you listen to the audiobooks?

Started by Osu, June 13, 2011, 03:01:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Osu

I'm a huge fan of the audiobooks, especially those narrated by Brian! Does anybody else here listen to them?
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.

Spring Breeze

Listening to Redwall was how my love for it started!  At the moment I am listening to Mariel of Redwall,  and I really love listening to Brian read his books he was such an amazing story teller.
"Oh, golly.  Old Log-a-Thing's fallen over."
--Trubbs, "Mossflower"

Matthias720

I have listened to most of the audiobooks that were made (I love libraries having them), and I own several, myself. Namely, Rakkety Tam, High Rhulain, Eulalia, and Doomwyte.

Log a Log Grenn

Ive heard Redwall/Mariel of Redwall/High Rhulain/The Long Patrol
Redwall is the best thing that ever happened to me

Mariel

I'm listening to Redwall at the moment.

Log a Log Grenn

Redwall is a great audiobook
Where are you in it?

Mariel

Towards the beginning...Cluny's horde has just been spotted as they march to the Abbey for the first time.

Log a Log Grenn

Oh you have a long glorious listen ahead of you :)

Osu

I loved Redwall - Cluny's voice is awesome. I don't suppose anybody knows if an audiobook was released for the Rogue Crew? Or is the Sable Quean the last book narrated by BJ?
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.

Firehawke

I love listening to the books on CD!!!  Sometimes even more than reading them  :D  I  listen to books on CD all of the time, and the Redwall ones are some of the best!
The knitting, crochecting, Zoo Tycoon playing, frog loving member!

Mariel

I think the full cast narration makes them more fun to listen to than other audiobooks.

Spring Breeze

The ones where Brian is narating are the best!!  I think one thing that I reallly love are the songs :D.
"Oh, golly.  Old Log-a-Thing's fallen over."
--Trubbs, "Mossflower"

Matthias720

Quote from: Spring Breeze on June 15, 2011, 12:29:15 AM
I think one thing that I reallly love are the songs :D.
Agreed! The songs take the already wonderfully cast group of actors, and raises everything up to a better level.

Astrognash

Hmmm... usually I don't get audiobooks for fear that they will destroy my perceptions of how a character sounds... but I may just have to get the Redwall ones.
"A witty saying proves nothing." - Voltaire
"How great in number are the little minded men." - Titus Maccius Plautus
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke
Hi. I like Marching Band, Redwall, and Latin.

Mariel

I love the actor who plays Dandin (and others), Tim Lynskey.  I think he has the best voice of all the actors when it comes to singing.