News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

A new fanfic, maybe...

Started by KitrallStreamrippler, April 23, 2013, 04:59:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KitrallStreamrippler

So, I'm working on another story (I seem to drop them and pick them up so quickly), and I was thinking about posting it here. It needs a little work first, and it's not done yet, but I could use the input... It's about a black fox (Rhys) who used to be friends with the Badger Lord at Salamandastron (Galrod Redsand). They were separated a long time ago, and I haven't gotten past their reunion in the plot. Any ideas? Oh, Rhys is mute, BTW.
A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of woes and shattered shields, when the age of men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight!

Norham Waterpaw

Maybe Rhys, after leaving for a while, comes back to find Salamandastron under attack, and maybe he could, gather a small force, and help save Salamandastron?
Hey you! What? Expecting a great quote or some heart-warming poem? Too bad, my signature is just boring. Stop reading it. Stop it. Why are you still reading it?

Maudie

Quote from: KitrallStreamrippler on April 23, 2013, 04:59:46 AM
So, I'm working on another story (I seem to drop them and pick them up so quickly)

Haha! I know what you mean! I do that all the time. I think it sounds great, I love reading the fanfictions so I'd be fine wiith it if it had a terrible plot! ;D
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

KitrallStreamrippler

Quote from: Norham Waterpaw on April 23, 2013, 12:25:09 PM
Maybe Rhys, after leaving for a while, comes back to find Salamandastron under attack, and maybe he could, gather a small force, and help save Salamandastron?

That is a good idea. Rhys isn't much of a warrior though.... being forced into a battle might be good for her, actually. Hmm... I will definitely think about it. Maybe she gets recruited for that small force, instead of leading it... Thank you for the suggestion, though!
A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of woes and shattered shields, when the age of men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight!

rachel25

Maybe Rhy could be a slave to a vermin horde and escape and go to Salamanderstron and find it under attack just a thought ;D click on smiley   ;) and this one too

KitrallStreamrippler

That's an interesting idea. Maybe after she leaves Salamandastron she gets caught by vermin. ... *facepalm* I just realized I didn't tell you guys anything about the plot at all. *sigh* So, in a nutshell what happens (so far) is that Rhys gets caught by some Long Patrollers and taken back to Salamandastron, where she is reunited with Galrod. I really like the opening bit, so I'd like to- *lightbulb* Thank you, Rachel and Norham! She can start out as a slave, escape, then get caught by the hares, etc. Also, she could leave with some other characters to get help, because Salamandastron is under attack, then come back to the mountain and have to participate in the battle.  ;D ;D ;D Thank you guys for the suggestions, they really gave me a chance to bounce some ideas around and get the old creativity flowing.

I've got a much better idea about where to take this now. I should have at least a little bit posted sooonish. I do have to make some revisions and such, but now I'm way more confident in the "life" of the story, so to speak. Again, thank you guys for the input. :)

KitrallStreamrippler

Sorry for the double post and sorry for asking for your guys' help again, but I need a title for this story... Any suggestions? (My working title right now is "Reunion", but that's rubbish, in my opinion.)

Maudie

The Fox and The Badger Lord? Never mind, that sounds too cheesy.
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

KitrallStreamrippler

It's better than Reunion. I can work off that. Thanks for the input. :)

Rusvul

Perhaps something to do with the fact that Rhys is mute, say, The Silent Fox or The Silent Shadow

KitrallStreamrippler

Ooh, good idea. Thank you, too. I should be able to finalize a title soon. :)

Opinions on these? (Most of them are inspired by you guys. Thanks once again for the ideas. :))
Neither Seek Nor Shun The Fight
Stripes and Silence
Silence On The Mountain
Battle Cry
Strength and Silence
True Warrior(s)
True Friend(s)

Rusvul

Stripes and Silence, Strength and Silence, or Neither seek Nor Shun the Fight. They're the ones that I like best.
I feel like I've heard Silence on the Mountain somewhere...

KitrallStreamrippler

I think I'll use Neither Seek Nor Shun The Fight. It has a nice ring to it, and it ties in nicely with Rhys and her hesitation to participate in the battle. (She does anyway, though, because she knows it's the right thing to do.) The first bit of the story will be up in a minute. I hope y'all like it. :)