Different accents of the creatures

Started by Cornflower Fieldmouse, July 27, 2011, 04:36:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nightfire

I always loved Rakkety Tam's way of speaking. The moles are awesome too, though!  ;D
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Skalrag of Marshank

Hares crack me up. (Absoballylutely, wot wot?) ;D
"With great chocolate comes great responsibility."
  ~ Larry Boy

Cornflower Fieldmouse

Wow, so many people like the hares' accent. I can't stand it. It's kind of geeky--with the "wot wot". Sorry for the offenses...I just think it's silly. The ones that I do like are the hedgehogs, and the mice. The moles are really cool too, but I wish that I could speak it better. hahaha. The badgers have, I imagine, very strong voices. And I always picture Martin as having a soothing voice. It's a lot of fun.

Skalrag of Marshank

That's the point. The hares are supposed to be geeky. But we're all entitled to our own opinion. I like the otters. They've got the whole pirate thing going on.
  ~ Larry Boy

Osu

Wha-- guh-- geeky?! Blasphemy, sir! The hares are the utter definition of suave and fabulous and... yes! ;D
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.

Lily

I never thought of the hares as geeky, just... posh? Suave and fabulous will do too. ;)

I think my favourite would have to be the northland accent. Maybe that's why I like Rakkety Tam so much, it's full of northerners!

Skalrag of Marshank

~ Larry Boy

Osu

Welsh accents especially - not that I can tell the difference - it's fun for me to pretend Bosie is from Wales.

Prince of Wales. LOL. Or laird.
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.

Lily

I love the Welsh accent! I think it's quite different from the highland accent, though.

I'm listening to the Rakkety Tam audio book at the moment (it's taking me a while...) and Brooky sounds like she's from Yorkshire somewhere! Do all of the otters sound like that? I love it.

Coobreedan

Oill' do some diggin' oiver 'ere, hurr.

I won't be on this forum much anymore, but I'll pop in to say hi every now and then.

Nightfire

Highlander's accents and mole's accents, plus Rakkety Tam's accent. He's the only one that spoke like that though. I also LOOOVE the otter's way of speaking.
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Coobreedan

The sparrows are awesome too:

Killee! Warbeak killee um mouseworm!
I won't be on this forum much anymore, but I'll pop in to say hi every now and then.

Skalrag of Marshank

My dad talked to me in Sparra for a while after we saw that episode of the show...
  ~ Larry Boy

Nightfire

Skalrag of Marshank

Burr oi, Noightfoire, you'm got yurr molespeech doawn. ;D
  ~ Larry Boy