An Osu Fanfiction Contest of Hareish Proportions :D (Closed!)

Started by Osu, December 15, 2013, 12:59:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Tammo

Don't sell yourself short pal, I'm sure it'll be amazing!

Let us know when it's up!
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Leatho Shellhound

Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Osu

And just in time, too! :D Only three more days to go if you guys want to do any editing to your entries!
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.

Blazemane

*shamefaced*

What time on February 15th would you consider the deadline?

Captain Tammo

Quote from: Leatho Shellhound on February 12, 2014, 02:01:39 AM
Thank you, well it's up! http://redwallabbey.com/forum/index.php?topic=5721.0

And it's pretty darn good sah!

Quote from: Blazemane on February 12, 2014, 09:50:03 PM
*shamefaced*

Yes, another entry!!! I love reading these! Don't worry, if you just sit down and just start writing it out, I bet you'll still make the due date with time to spare!
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Jukka the Sling

I've got an entry finished (just needs a little tweaking). Yeah, another entry!  :D Guess you guys weren't expecting that. ;D I only told Osu. But, I'm afraid my story's not that great, but I've got nothing to lose by entering, right? :D
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Leatho Shellhound

Quote from: Jukka the Sling on February 13, 2014, 06:30:13 PM
I've got an entry finished (just needs a little tweaking). Yeah, another entry!  :D Guess you guys weren't expecting that. ;D I only told Osu. But, I'm afraid my story's not that great, but I've got nothing to lose by entering, right? :D

Yay!
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Jukka the Sling

"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Captain Tammo

It came out great, Jukka!

Only 1 more day! So excited, good luck everybody!

Gonff the Mousethief

I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

Osu

Sorry I haven't been as active lately, life has been keeping me pretty busy of late. ^^;

Quote from: Blazemane on February 12, 2014, 09:50:03 PM
*shamefaced*

No shameface, sirrah! It'll end "officially" whenever I wake up tomorrow. I'll make the 'closed' post in this thread so anything up or edited before that is still game.

Jukka - just in the nick of time, too! :D Thanks for entering!

Captain Tammo

Are the results still coming out on the 21st? Later? Sooner?

Gnoflet

Shut him up or shut him down.
Normal is just a setting on your dryer.

Blazemane

Well, I tried, but this weekend has been very busy and I've quite simply run out of time. One of the stories, pending a decision about whether or not to make it much bigger than its original scope, could be done fairly soon, though. It's just not going to count towards the competition.

Have fun, everyone!

Osu

Oh, pish tush, you two, no harm done, wot? I say, Blazemane, excellent to know you'll still be sharing a story with us at some point! I'll be looking for ward to it! (No pressure, haha!)

AND WITH THAT, THIS CONTEST IS HEREBY CLOSED! Any stories edited or posted after the timestamp of this post will be rendered void for the purposes of this contest! Judging to commence immediately. Short term goal is to have results up within two days; the longest entrants might expect to wait for the results would be seven days. The 21st is just a ballpark guesstimate at the moment.

I do want to say great work, all of you, and thanks for entering my humble wee contest of hareishness! I don't need to read your entries to know you've all doubtlessly done a fabulous job, and I expect judging between stories to be quite difficult. Please double-check the OP and make sure your entry is listed in case I derped, and then to waiting! And reading each other's stories! And throwing you-entered-osu's-contest-cookie-parties!

Speaking of judging, my default plan is to simply announce the top three winners; if any of you guys want to know your total point breakdown, or would like any kind of judgementish commentary on your entries, please let me know and I'll be happy to share my judging process of your story with you. :)

*throws a cookie party*