News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

A Computer Game Idea. (Help wanted)

Started by Faiyloe, April 05, 2014, 01:47:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faiyloe

So I had this idea for a Fantasy Adventure computer game.

Story

The king of Arianath has been under the influence of his evil adviser Eldreg. You as the main character have been falsely accused with treason, a crime punishable by death. The king of that land is however your father and lessens the sentience (against the will of his adviser). Instead of execution you are banished till you can find and bring back the lost treasurer of Arinath. Your great great great great grandfather had taken it from the city in his youth and hidden it somewhere that it could never be found. As far as they know he never told anyone where it was hidden. This task is almost impossible to achieve and Eldreg thinks that he will not be seeing you again...   

You would start out outside the city gates with a few possessions. Soon after you started your journey you would meet a traveling monk who would tell you where to find the treasure. He also told you that to get inside the chamber where the treasurer is kept you need the 5 moral keys, The key of Truth, The key of Justice, The key of Knowledge, The key of Peace and The Key of Wisdom, only once you have all of them would you be able to enter the chamber.

Help Needed

Ok so I need some help to make this. I can use any bit of help you are willing to offer. You don't even have to know how to code or draw. I need people working on character dialog and plot as well so writers are welcome. I will be making this with AGS (Adventure Game Studio). Another thing is that if this is ever finished it will be free so the only thing you will get for helping is satisfaction your name in the credits (or a pen name) and the ability to play the game (But isn't that enough right ;D) Now if you would like to help please post saying which of these role you think you would be able to do. (You can do as may or a little a you like or have time for and more than one person can do a job. Its more like a big we are all in this together than anything else)

* If there is and asterisk next to someones name it means that they may or may not be helping with that specific thing.

Concept artists  (U.N.K.N.O.W.N.) (Norham) (Rainshadow*)
Sprite artists (rus) (Han*)
Background artist (Romsca)
Plot developer (rus) (Norham*) (Han) (Amy) (Jet) (Blaggut)
Dialog writer (for the characters) (rus) (Han) (Jet) (Amy) (Cornflower MM)
Lore (rus) (Jet) (The Mask)
Musician (That is not mandatory but it would be nice if I didn't have to get the music from the internet) (Edraithel)
A Programmer (Again this is not mandatory I'll be doing most of the codding my self but if you have any experiences with coding that would be great. I will be using a program called Adventure Game Studio There is more information about that here) (Me Myself and I)

Game Play

This would be a 2D, platform game, it would be 640x480 to 800x600 pixels (Though I think I might be able to do 800x600 but any higher than that my computer freaks out) with levels and quests which need to be completed before allowing you to progress to the next level. After certain levels you would get the one of the keys. Each level would be in a different aria like the Elvin village, the haunted forest, the mountain side, The bandit caverns, etc... As you play you would have the opportunity to earn gold, gems and collect weapons and other useful items.  (Which would be used threw out the game. For example elves value gems more than gold and dragons prefer gold.)

People and places

As you travail you would encounter many different people.

Elves: These elves (Unlike LOTR elves) are short. They live in clans in the woods each clan has its own color. some are very friendly but others are aggressive and protective of there "territory". The good elves are called Light elves and the bad ones are called (Guess what) Dark elves.  Each clan has there own rules and morals some believe that the forest belongs to every one while others think that it is theirs to guard and protect then others think it is theirs to rule.

Trolls: They are big and grumpy and have skin like a rhinoceros but not to smart. They don't always guard bridges they more or less guard there land and don't let anyone pass. There one weakness is however gold and shiny gems many have been able to bribe there way past with a good sum. They live mostly just in the mountain but some times can be found in other places. 

Dragons: They are not the giant things you see in most books and movies but about the size of a bear. They love gold and can live a very long time. They will attack villages and steel live stock but unless they are full grown they don't attack people. (or eat them) 

Quests

As you go you will get the chance to complete Quests and mini quests. To Complete a level you must finish all the mandatory quests for that level. Each level will have some extra quests that will let you earn more gold and gems. Some of the quests are however made up of mini quests which you need to complete to reach the over all goal. On the event of completing a quest you would sometimes get a reward. Sometimes this would be gold or gems and others it is an item which can be used later in the game or a weapon.

Levels

Level 1: From outside the Gates of Arinath to (The begging of the next level)
Level 2:
Level 3:
Level 4: Elves forest (either level 4 or 3)
level 5: The mountains

Keys

The key of Truth
The key of Justice
The key of Knowledge
The key of Peace
The Key of Wisdom

I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

Rusvul

That seems interesting. I can help with dialog and possibly sprite art. Storyline writing and lore, too, if you like.

Faiyloe

UNKN0WN

Faiyloe

Hi there I could use all the help I can get. This dosn't seem to be getting as much help as I though.

Norham Waterpaw

I agree. Concept art. . . I like that. I'd be willing to try, and I might be able to help with plot stuff.
Hey you! What? Expecting a great quote or some heart-warming poem? Too bad, my signature is just boring. Stop reading it. Stop it. Why are you still reading it?

Rainshadow

I might be able to do some concept art... but I'd need to know if this is more of a cartoony game or more realistic.  And if the main character is a single character, or if you choose from one of many.  (Meaning, is there just one character that you play that's designed a single way (like Mario or something), or is it a customizable character?  Or are there possibly three characters: mage, archer, and warrior ('cause that's what it seems like for every game.  ::))?  That would be an important thing to know.  ;))
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Unimaginative

I could help with Dialog and plot for sure, and possibly sprite art.
"Once built a steamboat in a meadow
Cos I'd forgotten how to sail" - The Gardener , The Tallest Man on Earth

Rusvul

NO! Four characters. Mage, Archer, Rogue, and Warrior. Rogues always get left out- Despite their being the best.

Norham Waterpaw

So, I did some concept sketches for Eldreg. Currently, he has a thin, smirky looking face.
He's got black hair, no facial hair, and a pony tail.
Don't ask why the pony tail, I just think it accents his sinister-ness somehow.  :P

I was thinking him maybe wearing mostly grey, with red and gold thrown in there.
Just ideas.  ;D
Hey you! What? Expecting a great quote or some heart-warming poem? Too bad, my signature is just boring. Stop reading it. Stop it. Why are you still reading it?

UNKN0WN

Quote from: Faiyloe on April 09, 2014, 03:04:18 AM
Hi there I could use all the help I can get. This dosn't seem to be getting as much help as I though.

Looks like you already have plenty of eager concept artists already.  :)

Rusvul

I can do sprite art as long as most things aren't very HD- If it's like Minecraft graphics, or Terraria, yeah. If it's more like Starbound, maybe. Any more detailed than that, and my skills kinda plummet.

Jetthebinturong

I'll help with dialogue so long as you make an intelligent dragon boss battle or recurring enemy. (I'm joking, I'll help with dialogue regardless but I think that's a cool idea)
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Faiyloe

Ok...
Quote from: Norham Waterpaw on April 09, 2014, 11:11:29 PM
I agree. Concept art. . . I like that. I'd be willing to try, and I might be able to help with plot stuff.

Sounds great.

Quote from: Rainshadow on April 09, 2014, 11:20:45 PM
  I might be able to do some concept art... but I'd need to know if this is more of a cartoony game or more realistic.  And if the main character is a single character, or if you choose from one of many.  (Meaning, is there just one character that you play that's designed a single way (like Mario or something), or is it a customizable character?  Or are there possibly three characters: mage, archer, and warrior ('cause that's what it seems like for every game.  ::))?  That would be an important thing to know.  ;))

This would be a cartoony game with a single main character (Like Mario)  Mostlikly a prince (V.s. Princess)
Quote from: HanNorwood on April 10, 2014, 12:04:51 AM
I could help with Dialog and plot for sure, and possibly sprite art.

Thanks that would be great.

Quote from: rusvulthesaber on April 10, 2014, 12:05:39 AM
NO! Four characters. Mage, Archer, Rogue, and Warrior. Rogues always get left out- Despite their being the best.

Unfortunately for you it would only be one single main character to choose from. (It is a lot easier to program that way and the way the game will work that wont be necessary.)

Quote from: Norham Waterpaw on April 10, 2014, 12:44:40 AM
So, I did some concept sketches for Eldreg. Currently, he has a thin, smirky looking face.
He's got black hair, no facial hair, and a pony tail.
Don't ask why the pony tail, I just think it accents his sinister-ness somehow.  :P

I was thinking him maybe wearing mostly grey, with red and gold thrown in there.
Just ideas.  ;D

He sound great I can't wait to see him.

Quote from: U.N.K.N.O.W.N. on April 10, 2014, 01:09:05 AM
Quote from: Faiyloe on April 09, 2014, 03:04:18 AM

Looks like you already have plenty of eager concept artists already.  :)

True but that doesn't mean you cant help out still.

Quote from: rusvulthesaber on April 10, 2014, 01:11:10 AM
I can do sprite art as long as most things aren't very HD- If it's like Minecraft graphics, or Terraria, yeah. If it's more like Starbound, maybe. Any more detailed than that, and my skills kinda plummet.

I was thinking something like Starbound or a little better but not much (I haven't actually played it before just looked it up)

Quote from: Jetthebinturong on April 10, 2014, 01:18:33 AM
I'll help with dialogue so long as you make an intelligent dragon boss battle or recurring enemy. (I'm joking, I'll help with dialogue regardless but I think that's a cool idea)

Hi there Jet I would say most likely no to the dragon boss battle but maybe a recurring enemy... Not sure how that would work... and thanks for the help. 

Rusvul

Heeheehee... As long as the Rogues aren't left out :P

...Just kidding. I'll most likely help regardless.