News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

A Question for Doctor Who and Star Trek Fans.

Started by Faiyloe, April 11, 2014, 03:43:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

If a Borg and a Dalek got in a fight who would win. (Please discus below)

Borg
Dalek

Faiyloe

So I was thinking the other day what if the Borg and a Dalek came face to face. What would happen? 
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

Jetthebinturong

I've never watched any ST so I'm gonna vote Dalek
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Rusvul

Dalek, probably. Because the Doctor Who writers decided that the Dalek should be so powerful that it's stupid. :P

Faiyloe

I would say Borg mainly because they are adaptable. As soon as one of them got killed the others would all up grade to prevent it from happening again. The Daleks are very powerful but pit them up against a hive mind... Na The Borg would win. Then they would assimilate the Dalek!!!  :o They would be invincible!

Rusvul

...The Borg use as little force as possible to accomplish their goal, however, there are limits to their technology. I suppose it would depend how many Borg units and how many Dalek. A single Borg drone against a single Dalek- The drone would have no chance. But the enire Hivemind- That would be equally unfair :P

The Skarzs

(Cyberman) "We number 5 million. How many do you number?"
(Dalek) "Five!"
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Faiyloe

Quote from: rusvulthesaber on April 11, 2014, 04:51:21 PM
...The Borg use as little force as possible to accomplish their goal, however, there are limits to their technology. I suppose it would depend how many Borg units and how many Dalek. A single Borg drone against a single Dalek- The drone would have no chance. But the enire Hivemind- That would be equally unfair :P

I would say about the Dalek to Borg ratio would be 1-5

Jetthebinturong

Quote from: The Skarzs on April 11, 2014, 04:56:53 PM
(Cyberman) "We number 5 million. How many do you number?"
(Dalek) "Five!"

It's four Skarzs

Cyberleader: You think you can destroy the Cybermen with four Daleks?
Dalek: We could destroy the Cybermen with ONE Dalek!

Faiyloe

Dalek: You are superior in only one respect. You are better at dying!  ;D

Jetthebinturong

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Firehawke

That is such a tough call!!!  The Borg wouldn't be able to assimilate the Daleks easily (let's face it...they're blobs!), so that would make it a little bit harder to adapt/gain knowledge of their technological distinctiveness, and thus figure out the best way to deal with them.  And the Daleks would have trouble defeating the Borg (the Borg have adaptive shielding!).  And they certainly wouldn't agree with each other's POVs!  I think it's a tie...they'd wipe each other out eventually just out of sheer stubbornness!
The knitting, crochecting, Zoo Tycoon playing, frog loving member!

Faiyloe

The Borg can also assimilate technology If they can't use the biological parts.

UNKN0WN

Quote from: Faiyloe on April 11, 2014, 04:05:55 PM
I would say Borg mainly because they are adaptable. As soon as one of them got killed the others would all up grade to prevent it from happening again. The Daleks are very powerful but pit them up against a hive mind... Na The Borg would win. Then they would assimilate the Dalek!!!  :o They would be invincible!

I agree.

BlueRose

Dalek, 'cause they are cooler. (Tonight, they are. I might change my mind in the next day or so...)
Was anyone else on the old DAB forum, circa 2009? I was recently reminded of it, lol.

Bitterly jittery, and not very glittery.