News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Hbbiton Party Thing! (post roleplay style)

Started by shisteer of nothing much, November 24, 2019, 12:17:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shisteer of nothing much

Teer surveyed the colourful, lantern lit fields, smiling in satisfaction. The tables were laden with food, steaming and ready to eat as it let off its delicious fragrance.
Her two little sisters, who had been bribed to help out with getting, and keeping, everything in order, were hurrying to and fro with various items for the party, arranging activities and unpacking glasses.

Teer looked down from her perch in an oak tree, noticing the first of the guests making there way up the path.
"Shoot, I still need to do my hair! Hey lass, can you please plait m hair please?"
Lass looked up from where she was unpacking some musical instruments as Teer regained firm ground.
"Sure. Do I get extra chocolate if i make it fancy?"
Teer grinned.
"As long as it's done fast. The guests are about to arrive."

A minute later, Teer stood at the top of the hill, her hair neatly braided as she watched the guests approach.
    I have a shiny thing! See?

And another shiny thing:

And also some random, unnecessary coding.[/li][/list]

Long live the RRR!

Kade Rivok

Kade came bounding up the hill, apparently the first to arrive.  He recognized Teer, but not the other two with her.  He could only assume they were her siblings.  "Hello Teer!"  He said with a smile.  "Thanks for throwing this party and inviting us over!  Definitely looking forward to some of your cooking."  He then winked at her, "And I must say, you're hair looks wonderful."  He then glanced over at the other two.  "I'm guessing these are your sisters?"
Words!
Writings of a Mad Man

Songs!
Kade's Vocal Emporium

Gaming!
The Noob Combo

Super Special Medals!

shisteer of nothing much

Teer grinned, gesturing to a seat.
"Kia ora, Kade, thanks for coming. Yes, these are my little, or rather, younger, sisters; Lass and Tui. Lass did my hair. Make yourself comfortable, won't you? If you need anything, just ask."

And another shiny thing:

Long live the RRR!

Kade Rivok

"Will do,"  Kade said, as he took the proffered seat.  "I like the lanterns, by the by.  Adds a whimsical touch to it all."
Words!
Writings of a Mad Man

Songs!
Kade's Vocal Emporium

Gaming!
The Noob Combo

Super Special Medals!

shisteer of nothing much

Teer nodded as she gave the lanterns a critical look, moving one to the right slightly.
"Yes, they add some nice colour to the party, and provide a tasty snack. I like the blue ones best. Now, I need to go make sure the girls aren't, metaphorically, roasting the pancakes. Feel free to do whatever. There are some musical instruments over there, if you want to have a play with them, or you could climb trees or something."
Teer turned away and went inside the hobbit hole, wincing at the sound of a crockery something falling on the floor and smashing.
"Girls, please tell me you're not trying to do the dishes, dwarven style."

And another shiny thing:

Long live the RRR!

Kade Rivok

Kade wasn't sure what Teer meant by the lanterns being tasty, but he decided to put aside his confusion and looked over at the instruments.  He was more of a singer himself, so he'd have to leave them alone, lest he make a fool of himself.  He might do some singing later, though, if the spirit took him.  Right now however, tree climbing didn't sound half bad.  He found a nearby oak and started making his way up.  He wasn't a squirrel by any stretch, but he'd make due.
Words!
Writings of a Mad Man

Songs!
Kade's Vocal Emporium

Gaming!
The Noob Combo

Super Special Medals!

One-Eye the wildcat

A lrge black SUV rolled up to the doorstep. A tall wildcat wih a scar on his eye got out, wearing a combat jacket and an MP44 strapped to his back. "Hello." said the cat. "What is up?"
"What will become of us? Where will we go, we who wander this vast wasteland in search of our better selves?"

"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order, and everything becomes chaos. I'm an agent of chaos."
Long live the RRR!!

Verdauga

Killing the mood since 2019

Thanks for the artwork Lass, Scott, and Wortshire! (And Dannflower as well for the Worldstate badge.)

shisteer of nothing much

Teer heard the sound of a car engine turn off and went outside, immediately recognising One-Eye and smiling a greeting, ignoring the fact that he'd just run over her vegetable garden.
"Kia ora, welcome to the hobbiton party thing, One-Eye! Make yourself at home. There's food over there," Teer gestured to the laden tables, "seating beside the bonfire and trees to climb in the forest. If you want to make use of that gun, there are some possums causing trouble in the elm trees. Feel free to thin the passel, or exterminate it completely. You can shoot any magpies too, though they're less common round here, thanks to kitty."
Teer eyed the black SUV, deciding it had already decimated her plants anyway.
"You can park your car in the empty space to the right, or leave it there; I don't mind. Now, please excuse me, I think my sisters need a hand in the kitchen."
Teer smiled again and went back to her sisters, groaning as she saw Lass trying to glue the plate back together and cutting her hand in the process.
"This is not good."

(OOC: No, we're supposed to just be ourselves. In One-Eye's case, that means big cat)

And another shiny thing:

Long live the RRR!

Verdauga

{Ah. This will be even more weird than the Cellars, trying to role-play...myself...}
{Errrrr......}
Verdauga briskly walked onto the party grounds, smoothing out the wrinkles in his shirt. Stepping around the curiously conspicuous Suv, he stood in the middle of the party grounds, nervously surveying the scene.
Killing the mood since 2019

Thanks for the artwork Lass, Scott, and Wortshire! (And Dannflower as well for the Worldstate badge.)

shisteer of nothing much

Teer finished bandaging Lass' hand and went outside to find a bow so she could safely dispose of the sharp pieces of broken crockery.
Seeing Verdauga in the middle of the field, in between the music stand and the food tables, Teer hurriedly disposed of the rubbish before washing her hands under the tap and going to greet her guest.
"Kia ora, Verdauga! Glad to see you made it. Nice shirt, by the way. Make yourself at home. There's food on the tables, as you can probably see, and musical instruments over there, if you want to make some music. You could also climb trees or any other activity that tickles your fancy. If you need anything, just ask. I'll be in the kitchen if you want anything."
Teer grinned, rolling her eyes.
"That is, I will be until the pancakes are finally ready, which may be a while, considering the amount of times we've gotten sidetracked so far."

And another shiny thing:

Long live the RRR!

Kade Rivok

Kade was having a harder time than he thought trying to get up the tree.  It had seemed so easy at first, but now he was having a hard time finding branches to pull himself up with.  As he thought these things, he stopped paying attention for half a second, but that half a second was all gravity needed to pull him back to reality, and down to the earth.  He landed with a thud next to Verdauga and groaned.  "I wouldn't recommend the trees... owww...."
Words!
Writings of a Mad Man

Songs!
Kade's Vocal Emporium

Gaming!
The Noob Combo

Super Special Medals!

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

OOC: Ach, RPin'- Ziz 'az been avhoile! Major!

BIC:
   Header suddenly appear beside the tree nearby in a 'Pop!' (A zecret classified Weasel technique) and helped Kade back up. "Ach, G'day zere av!" he said, smiling. He was wearing his kilt and Doctor Who Fourth Doctor 12ft scarf. "Cloimbin' treez, are ve? Zat'z alvayz major!" And without a further statement he began climbing up the tree. As he did so he wondered why nobeast else was using the indent for their beginning sentences.
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

shisteer of nothing much

Teer smiled sympathetically at Kade as he landed on his rump on the hard ground.
"Ouch, that looks like a very uncomfortable way to get out of a tree. There are other trees, if you want to try a different one. My favourite is that one on the right of the path. Plenty of solid branches and nice spots to sit."
Craning her head back to see into the upper branches of the tree Header had climbed, Teer called a welcome up to him.
"Kia ora, Header. I'm glad you could come. If you need anything, just ask. We have musical instruments you can play, food to eat or basically anything else you may want. I need to go back to the kitchen but I'll be available if anyone needs me. Just ring the bell beside the green tractor."
Teer gave Verdauga another smile before turning back to the kitchen, pleased to see that everything was now in order.

And another shiny thing:

Long live the RRR!

Ebantu the Kararehe

Ebantu watched in amusement as Kade fell out of the tree. Choosing a large oak, she climbed swiftly. She saw Teer talking to Verdauga and called down.
  "Hey Teer! These trees are great!"
Infant Ebby is a smol, out-of-control firebending terror. It's a good thing she's also quite cute.

May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
And rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.