Something new, OC-oriented

Started by Mara the Wolf, August 21, 2020, 12:09:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mara the Wolf

*Raises paw* Hey there, I'm new here. I love making OCs and RPing with them. Um, are there any new RPs going on, ones that focus on OCs? The current ones seem rather long, or a continuation of old RPs, so I feel it might be weird or too late to jump into one of those.
Fursonas:
Riley: Mountain lion, Sonic the Hedgehog
Amara: African wild dog, The Lion King/The Lion Guard
Masika: Eurasian river otter, Redwall
Mara: Wolf, general

shisteer of nothing much

Hey, Masika! Great to meet you! It's great that you want to do some roleplaying. I also love making original characters, as do several other people here, so you've got good company.
(Something new people generally do here is introduced themselves. You can do so in this topic: http://redwallabbey.com/forum/index.php?topic=177.0)
Most of the current RPs are pretty well established. Ratty Driftwood, though it's been going for a while, is pretty good for slipping in, if you want to have a look at that. (Though I'm not the boss of that RP, so posting in the OOC thread and asking @Faclan might be a good idea)
Another current option is the dueling tournament that I'm trying to set up. You'll mostly be RPing with one other beast, rather than several, but it's still good fun. (You can check that out here: http://redwallabbey.com/forum/index.php?topic=11743.0)

I hope this helps. If you have any other questions, feel free to PM me or any other beast. We're all very friendly and would love to help.
    I have a shiny thing! See?

And another shiny thing:

And also some random, unnecessary coding.[/li][/list]

Long live the RRR!

Verdauga

I will be planning a quick (fingers crossed) roleplay sometime soon, but Ratty Driftwood is pretty much the only RP open at the moment.
Killing the mood since 2019

Thanks for the artwork Lass, Scott, and Wortshire! (And Dannflower as well for the Worldstate badge.)

Cornflower MM

I'd say just about all the RPs here are filled with OCs, so that sounds right up your alley!

Ratty Driftwood sounds open, yes, but also I'm pretty Dibbun's Escape is open as well.

If you have any other questions, we have this FAQ topic for the RP board specifically: http://redwallabbey.com/forum/index.php?topic=10624.0

Also, we have the RP rules right here! http://redwallabbey.com/forum/index.php?topic=88.0

Mara the Wolf

The only Dibbun I have is Merak, Mylar's adopted child.

Mylar is one of four OCs I have for Highwing The Urthblood Cycle. Mylar's a vixen (and a skilled warrior), Toran's a weasel and her best friend, Brookside's an otter and their other best friend, and Merak's an orphaned stoat Mylar took in (I have a weakness for stoats, foxes, wolves, & cats [plus hyenas & jackals, but those don't appear in Redwall]).
Fursonas:

shisteer of nothing much

Ooooh, fascinating! You should fit right in, then!

And another shiny thing:

Long live the RRR!

Sebias of Redwall

Quote from: Masika on August 21, 2020, 02:00:43 AM

Mylar is one of four OCs I have for Highwing The Urthblood Cycle. Mylar's a vixen (and a skilled warrior), Toran's a weasel and her best friend, Brookside's an otter and their other best friend, and Merak's an orphaned stoat Mylar took in (I have a weakness for stoats, foxes, wolves, & cats [plus hyenas & jackals, but those don't appear in Redwall]).
Woah, woah, woah... You write fanfiction for Highwing!? Could I see them? Or are they just OCs that you haven't written yet? In that case, can't wait to see 'em.  ^-^
"I can only speak two languages. English and rubbish." ~Brian Jacques

"No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly."

"Evil labours with vast power and perpetual success - in vain: preparing always only the soil for unexpected good to sprout in."

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

Mara the Wolf

Quote from: Sebias of Redwall on August 21, 2020, 03:36:18 AM

Woah, woah, woah... You write fanfiction for Highwing!? Could I see them? Or are they just OCs that you haven't written yet? In that case, can't wait to see 'em.  ^-^

Oh, not yet. I've still gotta transfer my RWBY/Sonic RP with Diamond's Cloak from PMs to Doc Manager, then upload those. Then, well, who knows? I've got Mylar, which focuses on my TUC characters, Maut, which focuses on Mossflower Odyssey V applicant, A Scarred Reality, a Lion King fic, and an unnamed (and currently completely unwritten) crack-fic inspired by a line from Nostalgia Critic (About Vorb from We're Back! A Dinosaur's Story: "It looks like a cereal mascot that was crapped out by Marvin the Martian!")
Fursonas:

shisteer of nothing much

I was thinking the same.

Quote from: Masika on August 21, 2020, 04:09:32 AM

Oh, not yet. I've still gotta transfer my RWBY/Sonic RP with Diamond's Cloak from PMs to Doc Manager, then upload those. Then, well, who knows? I've got Mylar, which focuses on my TUC characters, Maut, which focuses on Mossflower Odyssey V applicant, A Scarred Reality, a Lion King fic, and an unnamed (and currently completely unwritten) crack-fic inspired by a line from Nostalgia Critic (About Vorb from We're Back! A Dinosaur's Story: "It looks like a cereal mascot that was crapped out by Marvin the Martian!")
That's quite impressive, I must say.

And another shiny thing:

Long live the RRR!

Mara the Wolf

:laugh:

Well, I just realized the only way Merak can be a Dibbun was if this was an AU. Because he was 2 seasons/years when Mylar was 15, she's 18 by TCB, and by the end of LoR, at least 10 seasons must've past meaning he's a probably a teen by now.  ::)
Fursonas:

shisteer of nothing much

AU works. Alternatively, you could go back in time and have him at the Abbey when he's younger.

And another shiny thing:

Long live the RRR!