News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

The Academic Thread

Started by Skyblade, January 21, 2015, 02:34:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What year do you graduate from high school?

Already graduated
6 (20.7%)
2015 (this year)
0 (0%)
2016 (next year)
4 (13.8%)
2017 (etc.)
3 (10.3%)
3 (10.3%)
3 (10.3%)
4 (13.8%)
After 2020
6 (20.7%)

Total Members Voted: 29

The Mask

Great, holidays are my favourite part of the year
I am a squirrel, an otter, a mouse, a fox, a stoat, a ferret, a weasel, a wildcat, a hare, a hedgehog, a badger; I am the master of disguises, The Mask.

" I will burn the heart out of you." Moriarty, Sherlock

Luftwaffles

Quote from: Skyblade on April 04, 2015, 04:49:06 PM
How is academic life for you all? :P

Nonexistent for me :P How is it going for you?
~Please be sure to join us if ever you are passing~.

Having problems joining the board or accessing your account? E-mail us! Have Redwall news or artwork to share? Tweet us!

Skyblade

Stressful :P But I'll be okay.

I changed the poll.

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Mhera

I graduate next year. I feel really old now because I remember my brothers graduating and thinking that they were really old because of that. :P

Gonff the Mousethief

2020! Sounds like a cool year to graduate in, plus easy to remember!
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

Luftwaffles

Quote from: Mhera on April 06, 2015, 04:14:44 AM
I graduate next year. I feel really old now because I remember my brothers graduating and thinking that they were really old because of that. :P

I thought that you were younger than that, but that's really cool! Are you planning to go to college after that? :)

Having problems joining the board or accessing your account? E-mail us! Have Redwall news or artwork to share? Tweet us!

Mhera

Luftwaffles

Banya

College is great.  I was watching tour groups of admitted but uncommitted high school seniors wander around campus from my window for a while this morning.  We get hundreds each day; each year about 15,000 of 50,000 applicants are admitted, and about 6,000 eventually commit.  Other than that, I have the due dates of several final papers coming up soon.  Two weeks of class left, then exams, then break!

Skyblade

Still undecided (but thankfully more clear than I was before), I took a free online majors test and got this for my top five choices. Frankly, I'm surprised. I will admit, however that these results are rather pleasant - and terrifying at the same time :o I'm not sure how accurate this test is, but it seemed pretty good. It's a guideline, anyway.

1. Music (I thought I would get this, but as my first choice??)
2. Music Education (Whaaat? Ok)
3. Journalism (Yes! It's one of my serious options)
4. Biochemistry (I've considered this before)
5. Religious Studies (Because of my faith, I think)

What's up with you all? School doesn't end in the summer, in a way.

Wylder Treejumper

*Shocked face* Sacrilege! How dare you violate the sanctity of summer free time! :D

Well, I'm (kind of) looking forward to next year. I'll be doing high school by taking college classes- The high school I'm going to is actually attached to the local community college. For the past 5 years, the school has had a 100% grad rate, and all graduates end up with an associates degree- that puts me 2 years ahead. Of course, the school closed its admissions in February, but I have a way around that.
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Skyblade

Wylder Treejumper

Indeed. Also, it's a bit weird- where I'll be, schools have 10 periods. My school now only has 6.
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Skyblade

Sounds rigorous, which is good for a person/student like you. Best wishes!

Gonff the Mousethief

Quote from: Wylder Treejumper on June 06, 2015, 01:38:32 AM
Indeed. Also, it's a bit weird- where I'll be, schools have 10 periods. My school now only has 6.
Well, mine has 8 so, it met in the middle.

8th grade next year won't be that hard. I've talked to some of the ones who just finished and it just the stuff we already learned with a little more. By the time I get to college most of y'all will be either finished or almost. Well, I at least Rocktree is younger than me.
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.