News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Collecting

Started by Matthias720, October 17, 2011, 05:32:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matthias720

I am sure that many of you, like me, collect various whatnots and doodads. What kinds of things do you like to collect, and why?

I collect playing cards, because I have interest in card games, as well as illusions. My collection currently contains over fifty decks of cards. :o

Icefire

I collect playing cards, too! I only have 3 or 4 decks, though. It was kind of an accident at first, but then I started specifically looking for cards.
Living in peace, aye many a season,
Calm in life and sound in reason,,
'Til evil arrives, a wicked horde,
Driving a warrior to pick up his sword,
The challenger rings then, straight and fair,
Justice is with us, beware. Beware!

Lutra

This image just shows one collection.  ;)  I also have collections of soundtrack music and random Disney things.

Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Lily

I collect otters and things with otters on them.

Here is a picture of my collection from... er... 2006.

It's grown a lot since then, especially since I went to the Osaka aquarium and raided their souvenir shop.

Tiria Wildlough

Cooool! My family travels a lot, so I don't collect things, really, but I have a sizeable collection of Redwall books. I'll get a picture on later. ;)
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Nightfire

I collect amber. Also known as fossilized tree sap. Then I have a rather large coal collection, and, of course, I collect Redwall stuff.  :)I am also an avid collector of music.
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Redwall Musician

I collect Littlest Pet Shops (I sound so girly right now). That collection is perfect because I have enough to have a city and not too many that I forget their names (yes all of my pet shops have names).
I have recently started collecting scarfs (their my new thing) and I have a small collection of hats.
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

Icefire

Lutra, I'm so jealous! I love movie soundtracks!

Coobreedan

I collect LEGO Ninjago minifigures and sets. ;D
I won't be on this forum much anymore, but I'll pop in to say hi every now and then.

Lutra

Quote from: Icefire on October 18, 2011, 03:59:34 PM

Good to find another! :)  Its taken many many years to save and acquire what I do have.  I'm also picky on my soundtracks too....no theme that's continually repeated throughout the score...it doesn't deserve a spot in the cd binder where they are stored.  Some don't need a repeat of a theme to be interested...I like woven themes throughout the music.

Do you own a lot yourself or are you just getting started?
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Icefire

Quote from: Lutra on October 18, 2011, 09:27:08 PM
Quote from: Icefire on October 18, 2011, 03:59:34 PM

Good to find another! :)  Its taken many many years to save and acquire what I do have.  I'm also picky on my soundtracks too....no theme that's continually repeated throughout the score...it doesn't deserve a spot in the cd binder where they are stored.  Some don't need a repeat of a theme to be interested...I like woven themes throughout the music.

Do you own a lot yourself or are you just getting started?
Ha! Mine can hardly be called a collection!
Let's see, I have soundtracks for the Fellowship of the Ring and the Return of the King, Monster's inc. (such fun music :)), and.....um.....that might be it actually :P There are a bunch of soundtracks I would love to own, but I haven't gotten that far yet. :(

Lutra

Everyone starts somewhere. ;)  Lord of the Rings isn't bad, but not a favorite of mine because it just seems way too long and not enough stuff to hold the whole thing together.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Icefire

Quote from: Lutra on October 20, 2011, 03:06:35 AM
Everyone starts somewhere. ;)  Lord of the Rings isn't bad, but not a favorite of mine because it just seems way too long and not enough stuff to hold the whole thing together.
Yeah, I don't really like a lot of the tracks on those cds. However, those that I do like, I LOVE!

What's your favorite soundtrack?

Lutra

Too many to list...basically what I own, I like.  A small spattering of favorites:

Watership Down
Jurassic Park
Land Before Time
Princess Mononoke
Spirited Away
Mary Poppins
Prince of Egypt
Raise the Titanic

Some of these cost a lot more now than they did when I bought them.  If you were to buy all eight I just listed, you'll probably spend about $170.  So its not something you can do for little money, especially if you like some of the hard to find stuff out there.  ;)
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

DanielofRedwall

I umm... Kinda collect Redwall related objects! I own all of the books, the cookbook, the Redwall Map and Riddler (with the poster hanging up in my room) Redwall Friend & Foe (again the poster), Tribe of Redwall Mice, 2 badges, 4 bookmarks: 2x Joseph the Bellmaker, 1x Lord Brocktree and 1x Triss (who I can't find). I also own one Redwall playing card (of Lord Brocktree). I'll take a photo of all of it soon!

I also collect books in general. I have a whole stack of them. I haven't read some of them, but I just enjoy collecting books. Whenever I like a book I just have to but it!

Also, Lily, I'm so jealous, and Lutra, I LOVE the sound track to Jurassic Park, best sound track ever! Especially the main theme (I have heard the others!). I also love "Bright Eyes", the song by Simon and Garfunkel that appears in Watership Down, which I'm yet to see. Also, I like the themetk Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole (minus the song by Owl City). Icefire, I also like The Lord of the Rings soundtrack.
Received mostly negative reviews.