Vermin Badger series discussions

Started by cairn destop, July 06, 2012, 06:58:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rachel25

I'm in love with your work I'm reading The New  Arivals but I would like to read the one before it that you mentioned  :D  I'm now a really big fan of your work  :-*  ;D

cairn destop

The prior works are:

1 --- Tassel's Tribulations
2 --- Price of Defeat
3 --- The Greatest Gift

These are in the Vermin Badger Series

1 --- Change of Habits - one chapter

All of these are on this site and should be in the fan fiction directory
Retirement:  What I earned from a lifetime of work.

winifred

I read the new arrivals (but it's probably been updated since then :s) It is amazing!!!! Thank you so much! Now I will read the rest of the vermin badger series!!! (I'm looking forward to seeing what was so horiffic about the badger marm's past!!!) Thank you!
Sherlock
Doctor Who
Beyond the Western Deep
Mouseguard
Ranger's Apprentice
Lord of the Rings
The Chronicles of Narnia
The Book Thief
Harry Potter
Percy Jackson
:D
And many many more...

cairn destop

There are hints in "Price of Defeat" and the Mother Abbot tells us the reasons in "The New Arrivals."  As to the story behind Tassel's status, that is given in full detail in my last story, "Tribunal of Redwall."  So I do give all the gory details and all questions regarding her past will be explained.

Skyblade

I've always wanted to read this series; it looks interesting! I finally finished "Tassel's Tribulations".

Great story. I love the main character, too.

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

cairn destop

Tassel's Tribulations came from a contest on another writing site.  The prize, publication of your story.  Contest rules said stream of conscience, between 9K and 12K words, and depicting the day in the life of a classic book character.  Now Brian Jaques works might not be a classic, but that contest inspired the story.

Captain Tammo

Congrats on the Awards!

I read Youthful Disclosure and, at first, all I could say was "darn you Cairn and your awesome writing!"

I found the story to be a very sweet twist to the usual plot-line I see on the forum. Seeing how each individual character faced their past was something I looked forward to with each new chapter. There's no denying that this was well worth the read. Well done, Mr. Destop!
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

cairn destop

My thanks sir. 

It all started when I asked the question how does a dibbun become a ward of the Badgermom.  From there, it was one chapter per kind.  I kept hoping readers would find the events too contrived, that there was always a solution.  At the end I revealed the reason why, which I hoped surprised everyone.

Just one more trivia about this story.  Highclimber was modeled after my sister during that crucial period in her life.