News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Here we are RP

Started by The Skarzs, July 10, 2018, 08:30:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jukka the Sling

"Yeah, just a few minutes ago," Jukka said, raising an eyebrow.  "He'd better hurry before he gets left behind."
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

The Skarzs

Skarzs was waiting in the longboat as it was piled up with shrews, and soon they were on their way, floating down the river.
  "Away!" Log-a-log cried. "Guosim away! To the sea!"
  A drum started thrumming from another logboat, setting the rhythm to which they would row. It was a slow pace, for the most part using the river's current to hurry them along, but the additional momentum practically made them fly downstream. A baritone voice started singing.

"I'm a shrew through and through,
  There ain't nothing more true.
  Born with water inside my shoe.
  Ridin' the rapids 's what you do
  If you're a true shrew too.

I'm a shrew, through and through,
  There ain't nothing more true
  Drank enough beer to drown a crew
  Eat hardtack and a pot of burgoo
  If you're a true shrew too."

Skarzs laughed as the verses went on. The song was ridiculous, but he could have expected nothing less from the Guosim.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jukka the Sling

Jukka breathed deep of the free air, letting the rhythmic singing fill her ears as she tried to relax.  They were fairly flying down the river, and this wouldn't have fazed her normally, but with recent events... she was on edge.

The song was definitely hilarious, though.  And very Redwall-ish.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Dannflower Reguba

Dann was last to reach a logboat, in making for a paddle to help, it was quickly yoinked out from under him by a fairly terse looking shrew, to put it lightly. He sighed, "Understandable, just let me know if you could use a break. Paddle's one'a the few things I know enough about to be of use aroun' here." Sitting there being useless was most certainly far from preferable for him, but he was none too keen on the idea of starting another argument, he was shaking again already from the last one as it was. They began to move, and he could only wish more for a distraction from the pain, something he'd never had any tolerance for. Looking at the water he knew he'd need to dip the offending paw in to keep it clean did not help his outlook. At least the singing was something to think about, and also reminded the squirrel to take a look around and identify each of his friends... They all seemed well enough, and at least this much was a relief.
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Cornflower MM

As they made their way down the river Corn looked around, taking in the scenery with awe as the shrew's singing filled the air around them. Mossflower Wood was quite pretty, although she hadn't imagined that it would be so.... Normal. Not that she was complaining, it would have been more odd if the forest matched the expectations set by her 8-year-old self.

Corn bit her lip as she glanced over to Jukka. It was clear her friend was holding a bit of tension but that was reasonable, Corn would've been nervous too if she were in Jukka's shoes. She smiled, hopefully reassuringly, at her. The shrew in their logboat was singing rather too loudly to really hold a proper conversation so that would have to do for now.

Cornflower MM

The day whizzed by in the logboats, as the shrews hadn't stopped for an afternoon meal, merely passing out food from supplies. As it turned to early evening, however, the decision to stop was made and soon they were setting up camp.

Corn had been about to join the group going to collect firewood when one of the shrew cooks had spotted her and ordered her to help unload cooking supplies, as apparently they were being "slower than snails." With a nod she hurried away, narrowly avoiding slipping and faceplanting as she did so.

Fenty was also helping with that particular task and his face lit up with a grin as he drew near Corn. "Hi Corn! What are you thinking of the river?"

"Oh, well enough. I've never been on a boat so long before, but the scenery is certainly something to look at it." Corn smiled back, reaching forward to take a larger sack of what appeared to be flour before turning to walk back. She'd only taken a few steps when she stumbled onto what looked like another solid patch of ground but was in reality a small hole, just large enough to get her footpaw stuck in. Unable to stagger and catch herself, Corn felt the ground rush up and meet her with a Thud!

Corn blinked at the leaves that were now two inches from her face, mentally attempting to catalogue what was hurting. She'd dropped the sack of flour (and didn't dare look to see if the sack burst yet) and her ankle felt like it'd been twisted, as well as a few other spots that were definitely going to bruise, and she'd had the breath knocked out of her. Her footpaw was also definitely stuck, Corn discovered as she tried to wiggle it, and the squirrel dropped her face back into the leaves with a groan, not trying to get up yet even though Fenty was fluttering around her losing his head. "Are you okay? Corn? Oh my goodness, are you alright? CORN?!"

Jukka the Sling

Tired and rather hungry, Jukka was helping to unload the logboats (feeling the judging weight of shrew-eyes upon her the whole time), when she heard hollering.  She swung around.  There on the other side of the clearing lay... Corn?  With Fenty yelling next to her?  What on earth?

She put down the sack of things in her arms and ran, arriving slightly out of breath.

"What happened?!"

The Skarzs

Skarzs had gone to retrieve firewood, and was bringing back a fallen tree limb to be cut up when he saw Corn fall, though he did not think much of it until she failed to get up. With Fenty losing his mind and Jukka coming up to help, the cougar thought he might do well to see what the trouble was. He dropped the limb and hurried over to the three creatures, trying to decipher what happened.
  "Fenty, shut up and calm down," he snapped at the excitable squirrel.
  "Her footpaw's stuck!" the other cried as Jukka asked her question. "She was just walkin' and then-"
  "Well then help her out!" Skarzs went down on one knee beside Corn. "It's in there pretty good. . . How the heck did you manage that? I think if you'll let me lift you up, we can pull your foot out of the hole. Is that okay?"
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Cornflower MM

Corn raised her face from the leaves, going crosseyed attempting to look at a leaf that stuck to her nose momentarily, before turning to look at Jukka and Skarzs. "Yeah, my clumsiness struck again. That's chill, Skar, do what you gotta do. I can't believe I actually fell on my face, that's incredibly embarrassing." She sighed, looking at the flour that had escaped the miraculously still intact sack.

"Fenty, would you mind taking this to the cooks for me?" He hadn't been carrying much, and it was clear Fenty's feelings were a bit hurt by Skarzs's blunt demeanor. Corn hoped giving him something useful and helpful would help make him feel better, and it was clear that it had worked by his bounce and chirp of "Of course!" as he picked it up before darting off.

Dannflower Reguba

Dann had done just about everything in his power to avoid being around anybeast upon landing, continuing to wash his reddened paw for lack of much else to do at this point. With all the noise Fenty made, it wasn't hard to deduce what had just happened, "Ah yes, Fenty, Corn's clumsiness, Clumsiness, meet Fenty." He tried to let the situation be, but the situation seemed to be escalating. However, upon arrival, he saw that Skarz had already arrived and had things handled, "Tsk tsk, Corn, can't go a day without an accident? Or perhaps giving your suitor a chance to get close hmmm?" His words were accompanied by a wry grin, "Do I have some competition to worry about ya goose?"
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Jukka the Sling

Jukka's eyes widened upon hearing Dann's remark.  "Ooooh," she said, amused, and raised an eyebrow at Corn.

Cornflower MM

With an indignant splutter, Corn swiped at Dann's ankles. "Why, you! As if! C'mere where I can reach, you butt!" She scowled up at the other squirrel before sticking her tongue out at him. A blush had already made it's way up her cheeks but it darkened at Jukka's comment, and in an effort to change the subject she wiggled somewhat impatiently, "Ready whenever you are, @The Skarzs ."

The Skarzs

Skarzs chuckled at the others. "I can hit him for you if you want, Corn. Alright, up you come."
  He wrapped his paws under her arms and lifted her up and back as gingerly as he could, watching the footpaw to make sure he did not cause any more damage. It was possible that she had overextended one of her ligaments, but hopefully nothing was sprained. That would suck, he thought.
  "Okay," he said, shifting around to support Corn in one arm and reaching out to her foot with the other. "Hopefully. . . yes!" Corn's footpaw popped out of the hole as easily as it had slipped in, looking no worse for wear at the moment.
  Skarzs was going to say it looked like a mouse or rat hole she had gotten stuck in, but that would not have made much sense given their circumstances.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Cornflower MM

Corn laughed as Skarzs picked her up, she could easily see the cougar hitting Dann for her going multiple different ways. She cheered as the hole gave up her footpaw without any trouble. She wiggled it around and wrinkled her nose as the motion aggravated it. "I can confidently say I gave it a good twist! Just what we needed, right? Should be fine with a bit of support, though, and I don't think it's too horribly bad." Corn announced cheerily, although she made no move to wiggle out of Skarzs' grip. Even though it wasn't the worst twisted ankle she'd ever had, walking on it didn't sound very appealing at the moment.

Jukka the Sling

Jukka made a face, staring at Corn's footpaw.  It didn't look too bad outwardly, but...  "Yikes.  You sure you're alright?"