News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Your Redwall Collection

Started by DanielofRedwall, December 28, 2011, 07:08:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PanopticEmu

the dust jacket has a thin foil layer embedded in it so it has a matte metallic sheen.
discord: PanopticEmu#0001

Jarky Thistlebrush

The following is a list of things to bring on holiday:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
42 ~ Seb's Humility ~ Seb's toothbrush ~ Seb's soul ~ Half a Plane ~ Your Toothbrush ~ A creeping anxiety every time you look at your toothbrush ~ Pure Terror every time you look at your toothbrush ~ Death every time you look at your toothbrush

I had to move everything off the list but the bare essentials to make way for this:

Sailears

Quote from: MeadowR on June 21, 2020, 11:06:32 PM
Whoa - plenty of Redwall books here! Nice! One of your images isn't working, though. I've not really come across any of the books myself, aside from the novels (obv.) and the graphic novel (which I now also have).

The Red Fox book covers/spines are the best! Wish all mine were in that style, but sadly they stopped it when Triss came out to annoy people like me who want their collections to be all the same.
Oops, when I first posted the images were huge, not having resized them - had to quickly edit and reupload onto image hosting site. Hope the link of that image is now fixed - just all the small readers club trinkets I put in the abbey folder.

Edit - regarding the other books, they are all pretty interesting. The tribes ones are pretty much wiki style info and maps/puzzles. I really like the Winter's Tale book - beautifully illustrated, just like the Great Redwall Feast.
The Graphic Novel is, interesting - initially it didn't grab me as much, but on rereading it's pretty cool with the almost comic book style, and some of the drawings (particularly love the Sparra section) are great.

Oh and the Cookbook is kind of funny. :D I mean many of the recipes can be figured out and kind of just giving special names to normalish food (eg the Deeper 'n ever pie, or the hare's crumble, and so on). But again it's nicely illustrated.

@PanopticEmu
High Five! Yeah those badges etc were all cool, mine are all in the "build your own abbey" folder, just cba to get them out!  :D

My only regret is that the books were left in storage in varying temperatures/humidity for some years due to circumstances (but in good plastic boxes, just not fully sealed), which has caused a mottling effect on the very top edge of a few of the books. :( Fortunately doesn't go on to the page at all, but hopefully there is some way to clean this up a little - I've seen people use very fine sand paper to do this.
Edit - also, that Castaway's foil edition looks awesome! :o Amazing cover.
My ears, how are you, wot!

LordTBT

The list:
https://redwall.fandom.com/wiki/User:LordTBT#Brian_Jacques_Collection

Is it everything? No. ;)

And if you haven't been following along, I've been spotlighting many different Redwall items here for years as part of our Collectors Community series.

https://redwall.fandom.com/wiki/Category:Features

In fact, there could be another post coming soon!

Sailears

@LordTBT Well clip me ears and slap me scut, if it isn't the Lord of Salamandastron himself! :D Glad to see you're still going, wot!
My ears, how are you, wot!

clunylooney

I own all 22 redwall books, with an accidental second copy of Eulalia! I also have the redwall graphic novel. Nothing much, but is keeps me content. BUT I do have all 57 warriors books! (including the novellas and super editions) so that's kind of impressive.
"ABSOFLIPPINLUTELY" - Me

Scott McLamok

Wow that's *Looks at the small pile of Redwall books he has* alot....
"A knife, thrown just right, can accomplish wonderful things." -Cayde- 6

"I'm ready! How bout you?" - Emile-A239

"If you win you live. If you lose you die. If you don't fight, you can't win." – Eren Jaeger

"Keep your wits sharp and your blade sharper." – Mandalore the Destroyer

"Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons." - General Douglas MacArthur

This is the Way.

shisteer of nothing much

I've got the Red Fox edition all the way up to The Taggerung, with doubles of Martin the Warrior, Mossflower (?) and Marlfox. They're not all in perfect condition, (Redwall is missing the first chapter) but they're well loved and all readable. (Finding the first chapter of a book really isn't hard. I just got a sample on Kindle and did it that way)
I also have two copies of Triss and one of Loamhedge, Rakkety Tam and High Rhulain.
All of the books are second (or maybe third or fourth) paw and have gone through five older siblings, so that somewhat explains why they're slightly shabby. Still, they do the job, so I'm happy.
    I have a shiny thing! See?

And another shiny thing:

And also some random, unnecessary coding.[/li][/list]

Long live the RRR!

Dotti Dillworthy

I currently have Ace paperbacks of the first 16 books + Eulalia! and Doomwyte (the latter a latest addition thanks to Book Depository); Loamhedge and High Rhulain hardbacks (the latter I got as a prize from Leatho a long time ago, thank you!) plus all three Castaways also in Ace paperbacks, Seven Strange and Ghostly Tales and The Redwall Cookbook. All of them (except Doomwyte and High Rhulain) are fruits of my secondhand book hunts through the years.

Broof

Quote from: PanopticEmu on June 22, 2020, 07:45:22 AM
redwall readers' club. it was a thing in britain, I believe. Redwall.org used it as a way to give away promotional material such as trading cards, badges, wall posters, etc.

Man, I've been after one of those badges for years, as well as a poster for The Long Patrol