"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Your Redwall Collection

Started by DanielofRedwall, December 28, 2011, 07:08:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tam and Martin

Quote from: Shadowed One on January 10, 2014, 12:33:04 AM
Yes, but I got those from the library.
Okay. I as just wondering if you had read the others. Thanks for answering.

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

Blazemane

Quote from: Ferrousferret on January 09, 2014, 04:59:09 PM
Well, I had one copy of every novel & the Funimation sets for season 1 & 2 of the show, but I had about 2/3 of everything I owned stolen a few months back- including my entire DVD collection, my entire video game collection, my PS3, a couple pieces of computer equipment, my phone, about half of my clothes & several books (which included my copies of Pearls of Lutra, Marlfox, Doomwyte, The Sable Quean & The Rogue Crew)

You're listing off all of this expensive tech you've lost, and my first response is, "No, not the Redwall books!"

But really, that's terrible. Were you able to get anything back--like, something was found, or insurance kicked in, that sort of thing?

Ungatt Trunn

My mom got a free download of the book "Redwall" on her Kindle. I might read it on that when I come to it (I'm currently re-reading the series in chronological order). I might try to persuade my mom to read it.

Life is too short to rush through it.

Cornflower MM

Is there anything that ISN'T Redwall books & DVDs out there? Anyway, my books are: (The signed ones have * next to them)

Redwall *
Mossflower *(My favourite!)
Rakkety Tam *
Eulalia!
The Rogue Crew
The Sable Queen
The High Rhulain

I might have more, I dunno.

Gonff the Mousethief

I have all of them 2 copies of mossflower and mariel.
and the tribes of otters.
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

MeadowR

I forgot to add, for a late Xmas present I got High Rhulain and The Rogue Crew books, so I now own EVERY novel. Yay! :D
~*Meadow*~

Season Namer 2014

Ferrousferret

Quote from: Blazemane on January 10, 2014, 11:22:46 PM
You're listing off all of this expensive tech you've lost, and my first response is, "No, not the Redwall books!"

But really, that's terrible. Were you able to get anything back--like, something was found, or insurance kicked in, that sort of thing?

I didn't get any of it back, mainly because of how it got stolen & my ignorance of Ohio law. Which really annoys me because, looking back, I had three chances where I could have gotten it all back, if I would've known more... but, at the least, there is zero chance this will ever happen again. >:(

I guess I ought to say it, though. I moved in with some "friends" of mine so we could all get on our feet. The one literally forced me to get a job I didn't want just because they hired people constantly, then immediately lost his jobs, forcing me to pay for everything. Then we had to move because he didn't have the money to pay the rent & refused to even try because he was mad at his landlord. I gave him the money for another apartment, which was literally everything I had left at the time, then never put my name on the lease.

After that, I was pretty much single handedly paying rent, utilities & everything they needed for their kid while they took care of the food with their food stamps. After five months, I had a freakout at work & lost my job, they got pissed off about several things & I left. Then, they refused to give me back my Playstation because at some point, I'd accidentally broken their XBox. I got into it with them over that & they refused to give me anything back. I threatened to take them to court & they threatened to destroy all of it so I couldn't have it back either.

Unfortunately, I now realize that I could have easily waited to get the rest of it back, then used my sales receipts for the Playstation to get that back... or recorded him admitting what was mine... or recording him threatening to destroy it... or just called the police the day I left in the first place & had them supervise the removal of my property.

*sigh* As is, it's impossible to get any of it back & I'm completely out of chances. In order for it to work in court, I'd have to pay to have the case filed, then prove in that case that I owned all said stolen property, that I did live with them for a time, that it was in their possession at the time of my removal from the home & that it was never returned. Unfortunately, they managed to manipulate me right around every single one of those. I was never officially on the lease, so I can't prove I ever lived there. I don't have the receipts, or otherwise proof of everything that was lost & there are no witnesses to place those objects in their home. Not to mention that if I lost the case, they could sue me for Harassment & Wrongful Lawsuit. So, I'm screwed.

PanopticEmu

discord: PanopticEmu#0001

Captain Wortshire

I own a signed copy of The Pearls of Lutra.

Bought it from a small book store in my city.
[move][/move]
"It's so sad. Nobody understands you. But the truth is you're the one who finds everyone & everything to be a pain in the butt."
"The moon tide is tugging on our hearts right now."
"Ishkhaqwi ai durugnul"
"We're making the mother of all omelettes here. Can't fret over every egg"
Spoiler
[close]

Sailears

Some of my precious posessions:

Signed: Mossflower Collector Edition, Redwall Winter's Tale, Graphic Novel, Tribes/Map&Riddler/etc books, Cookbook, Great Redwall Feast, Lord Brocktree, Martin the Warrior, Mossflower, The Legend of Luke, Outcast of Redwall, Mariel of Redwall, The Bellmaker, Salamandastron, Redwall 20th Anniversary, The Long Patrol, Marlfox, High Rhulain, Eulalia!

Bunch of readers club stuff - christmas cards, badges, bookmarks, other random trinkets, posters and newsletters.

Oh and a print I ordered from a company - just put together the Triss cover art with the newer Redwall logo and faded it down - was for a World Book Day fancy dress in a previous workplace, because it's surprising how few people had heard of this. Even English teachers, which really surprises me. :o

Reason Mossflower is not on the top shelf is because it doesn't fit! :( one of these Ikea shelves, and it's about 1cm too tight - can squeeze it in but don't want to squash the covers. I'm still planning on finding a copy of UK Hutchinson edition of Mossflower anyway, and the UK editions of Rakkety Tam and Eulalia because I prefer David Wyatt's cover art for these. Unfortunately Doomwyte, The Sable Quean and The Rogue Crew only have the one cover art version, but no worries.

Also probably keeping an eye out for an original Redwall, or the limited edition - I missed out on that not finding out about the series till the late 90s.

I would probably like to get some more of those Red Fox paperbacks one day - the spine illustrations are really well done.
My ears, how are you, wot!

MeadowR

Whoa - plenty of Redwall books here! Nice! One of your images isn't working, though. I've not really come across any of the books myself, aside from the novels (obv.) and the graphic novel (which I now also have).

The Red Fox book covers/spines are the best! Wish all mine were in that style, but sadly they stopped it when Triss came out to annoy people like me who want their collections to be all the same.
~*Meadow*~

Season Namer 2014

PanopticEmu

@Sailears absolutely loving that collection, mate. You're also the only other person I know of that was a member of the RRC back in the day.

Jarky Thistlebrush

The following is a list of things to bring on holiday:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
42 ~ Seb's Humility ~ Seb's toothbrush ~ Seb's soul ~ Half a Plane ~ Your Toothbrush ~ A creeping anxiety every time you look at your toothbrush ~ Pure Terror every time you look at your toothbrush ~ Death every time you look at your toothbrush

I had to move everything off the list but the bare essentials to make way for this:

PanopticEmu

redwall readers' club. it was a thing in britain, I believe. Redwall.org used it as a way to give away promotional material such as trading cards, badges, wall posters, etc.

Also managed to score this foil edition signed copy of Castaways just recently:

Jarky Thistlebrush

The following is a list of things to bring on holiday:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
42 ~ Seb's Humility ~ Seb's toothbrush ~ Seb's soul ~ Half a Plane ~ Your Toothbrush ~ A creeping anxiety every time you look at your toothbrush ~ Pure Terror every time you look at your toothbrush ~ Death every time you look at your toothbrush

I had to move everything off the list but the bare essentials to make way for this: