30 (47.6%)
River Otter
33 (52.4%)

Total Members Voted: 63

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: Blazemane on August 03, 2013, 07:56:05 PM
Quote from: Shadowed One on August 03, 2013, 06:33:44 PM
Finnbarr Galedeep > All other sea otters combined

I'm not going to argue with that. Even though I voted for the River Otters, I think Finnbarr Galedeep is one of the most awesome characters in the entire series.
Well, Finnbarr was okay for me...

Life is too short to rush through it.

Banya Streamdog

EEEE AYE EEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

rachel25

Quote from: Banya Streamdog on September 14, 2013, 08:07:38 PM
Sea otters!
yay  ;D

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn on August 03, 2013, 08:01:44 PM
Quote from: Blazemane on August 03, 2013, 07:56:05 PM
Quote from: Shadowed One on August 03, 2013, 06:33:44 PM
Finnbarr Galedeep > All other sea otters combined

I'm not going to argue with that. Even though I voted for the River Otters, I think Finnbarr Galedeep is one of the most awesome characters in the entire series.
Well, Finnbarr was okay for me...
WHAT! HE WAS SOOOOO BRAVE HE SHOULD HAVE A BOOK OF HIS OWN BECAUSE OF HOW AWESOME HE WAS!

The Shade

Yeah, Finnbar was pretty cool... Leatho Shellhound, the guy in Triss and Skor Axehound were awsome too.
They told me I was gullible. I believed them.

It is well known that 47% of statistics are made up on the spot.

I used to leave out half my sentances, but now I

Banya Streamdog

I think the reason I chose sea otters was because of the otters in High Rhulain like Banya(of course!), Leatho, and Big Collen.
EEEE AYE EEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

Cornflower MM

River otters are my favorite, but the sea otters are nice and good and we all know! I do wish that there was more mention of the sea otters, but the river otters are my firm favorite! My vote lies with the river otters!

Faiyloe

Yes someone who likes river otters too!  ;D
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

The Shade

Quote from: rachel25 on September 22, 2013, 04:56:35 PM
I like Kroova out of Triss   ;D
That's him! I couldn't remember him...

Russano the Wise

I'm not sure if I could choose between river otters and sea otters. Both species have some really awesome characters that I really enjoy reading about. The first river otter that pops into my head is Mask, and the first sea otter is Leatho Shellhound, who are both amazing characters, and there are many others that I haven't mentioned. So I don't think I could choose between the two. 
"But if you really love your friends, they're never really gone. Somewhere they're watching over you and they're always there inside your heart." -Martin the Warrior

Shieldmaiden

Guys, come on. I have a hard enough time picking my favorite species, let alone subspecies!

A few of my favorite otters never had their subspecies specified- Keyla, Tullgrew, Shogg, Elachiam and Borrakul from Marlfox, Flandor, Inbar Trueflight, Zaran.

I haven't read Rogue Crew yet, but I read High Rhulain. Leatho's cool, but I especially love the Galedeeps- Kolun, Lorgo, Finnbarr, Deedero and Toobil. Also, there's Brogalaw, skipper of a sea otter holt from Lord Brocktree. (You should all be ashamed of yourselves for leaving him out!) And of course, Kroova and Sleeve.

But river otters just appear more often. As such, there's a ton of awesome ones. We have Winifred, Warthorn, Folgrim, Tungro, Riverwyte, Starwort and Marigold, pretty much every Skipper that ever lived, Rab and Iris, Bragoon, Thrugg and Thrugann, Churk. I'm probably forgetting a few hundred.

So, my conclusion:

Can't we all just agree that otters are the best and throw a big Hullabaloo?

*Seriously, tho. Brogalaw. Since no one's mentioned him, Imma vote for the Sea Otters*

But I still think we should just throw a Hullabaloo and get along. :) I'll bring the 'otroot!

The Shade

Leatho Shellhound

Nice summary Shieldmaiden, you are right that I failed to remmeber  Brogalaw. Now that you bring him up though it sparks up my memory of that worthy otter.

I my self am all round otter fan, but these topics help us discuss about the victories and loses (as in good or bad aspects) of both Sea and River otters.
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Jukka the Sling

@Shieldmaiden: Do you by any chance have an account on the Redwall Wiki? Your username sounds familiar...
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Shieldmaiden

@ Leatho- To me, the sub-species seem pretty much the same. Sea Otters tend to be wilder, but they aren't all like that. Of course, I'm in the process of re-reading,so I could be wrong. *Though if I recall correctly, there seemed to be tension between the two races- at least in High Rhulain.

@ Jukka- Yes, I do. Recently got back into a Redwall swing. Do you have an account there as well?