5 (27.8%)
Martin's spirit
3 (16.7%)
Both
10 (55.6%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Voting closed: December 05, 2012, 01:28:57 PM

Coobreedan

I won't be on this forum much anymore, but I'll pop in to say hi every now and then.

Nightfire

I also love how there's an inscription running down Martin's sword. Kind of like Sting from LotR.  ;D
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Coobreedan

I

A
         M

T
         H
         A
         T

I
         S
I won't be on this forum much anymore, but I'll pop in to say hi every now and then.

Tiria Wildlough

I don't like the inscription. Kind of makes it seem like the sword is ONLY Matthias's.
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Nightfire

They only did that in Mattimeo and Redwall, though. I don't remember it ever having an inscription on the Martin the Warrior cartoon.
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Taggerung_of_Redwall

I wouldn't have been the same blade, so it did not.
Start building something beautiful and just put the hate away

Coobreedan

The inscription was placed by Boar, so Matthias is probably in the Salamandastron timeline where Lord Brocktree is.

DanielofRedwall

I don't actually remember any of the books mentioning the sword having that written in it. I might be wrong though, but I thought Nelvana made that up.

Martin's armour played a large role in Redwall and Mattimeo, but I don't recall Martin ever wearing any armour! Amy thoughts behind this? I'm pretty sure I already know the answer...
Received mostly negative reviews.

James Gryphon

I made a post about it on another, similar topic here, that covers Martin's armor.
« Subject to editing »

DanielofRedwall

Ah, yes, of course, the fight between Martin and Tsarmina! Forgot that bit! Thanks, James!
Received mostly negative reviews.

Log-a-Log

In the later books they always find the sword or the sword is passed on. But what ever happened to the armor after Mattimeo?
I know you can fight William, but its our wits that make us men. - Malcolm Wallace, from Braveheart

James Gryphon

Well, my best guess was recorded in a similar question about Martin's shield. I assume Martin II kept it, but didn't take it with him in Pearls of Lutra because it was too bulky for a long voyage.

Since Martin II was the last mouse warrior of Redwall, my guess is that the armor stayed in the gatehouse, and was eventually moved somewhere else, maybe back down to Martin's tomb, to keep it safe and out of the way.
« Subject to editing »

Nightfire

I still think the fallen star metal thingie is a pretty cool idea. ;D

Taggerung The Otter

i would love to weild it
For GOD so loved the world he gave his only begotton SON so that whoever belived in him would not parish but live eternal life.

Oh yeah...buitiful verse... :D

Plugg Firetail

Okay I found something about the blade's writing.

QuoteDown the center of the blade ran a blood channel, either side of which there were symbols which Matthias could not make out.