Galactic Imperium

Started by AbbotAlf0809, April 10, 2014, 02:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AbbotAlf0809

War! A galaxy divided by a roving conflict between the two massive powers, the Galactic Confederacy, the center of diplomacy and peace in the galaxy, and the Cypher Empire, a harsh militaristic society bent on undermining all in their way to obtain galactic dominance. The war ha raged on for several years now with worlds falling around veering bend and being ravaged by the destruction that conflict leaves in it's wake. The confederacy homeworld, Rica, lays dead in the way of the Imperial Fleet. The only thing laying in the Empire's path of gaining victory is the small dessert world of Magvel. The confederacy fleet is rallying all it's forces to the space of Magvel to protect that dwarf planet with their lives. Nearby, the Fifth and Third Fleets of the Imperial Navy lay docked and repairing at the volcanic planet of Suminia. Imperial Grand Admiral Hadvar plans the Empire's next move. At the same time, Major General Sunder plants his strategy for protecting Magvel. The confederacy parliament is in total chaos over surrendering to the Empire as they see it fit. While the true patriots to the confederacy fight on...

Wylder Treejumper

Col. Rustworthy Ingramm Gyron Pandorian Sat at the terminal in his quarters aboard the task force flagship Warrior's Sword. He reviewed files, case scenarios, strategies, orders, deployment distribution, requisitions, troop reviews, and more. As the senior STO (Shock Troop Officer) in the sector, he had been placed in charge of the Troopers aboard every ship mounting a defense on Magvel II. He took his job with utmost seriousness. He had been up since zero-three-hundred hours, and it was twenty-one-hundred hours. The Strategists Board had already deliberated the space battle over Magvel, and it was going to be tough to exert strategic control. But their board had come up with an ingenious plan, if only they were not so outnumbered. Rust aimed to fix that.
"Lancejack! Get in here!" His aide scurried in.
"Yes, Sir?"
"Take these briefings to the Troop commanders. And, summon the commandos. They have their work cut out for them." It wasn't everyday you tried to blow up a planet.   
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Norham Waterpaw

Baydeth had received his orders from a young hare. He got his name. "Lancejack", he was called. He got up, and slung his gun over his back, the chain ammo clinking against armor. He stamped past the crowds of beasts in the large hallways of the Flag-Ship. He eventually worked his way up to the bridge of the ship, and rapped his heavily armored knuckles on the door.
Hey you! What? Expecting a great quote or some heart-warming poem? Too bad, my signature is just boring. Stop reading it. Stop it. Why are you still reading it?

Wylder Treejumper

OOC: Lancejack is a rank just above Private/PFC. It is called Lance Corporal in the US.
BIC: The door to the briefing room opened. The commando squad captains filed in, all five of them.
Twenty troopers to destroy a planet. If I wasn't doing it, I wouldn't believe it.
There were two hare SC's, the garrulous hare Debberon, or "Deb", and the gimlet eyed Montegain, who just went by "Boss". An agile squirrel stepped in wearing a full dress uniform and saluted, but Rust was not fooled. He saw the telltale glimmer of Combat Reflex Armor, and the holster at his side contained no ordinary plasma pistol. Captain Arden was not a beast to be taken lightly. After Arden came a bulky otter, his desert camo uniform still slick with sweat.
   "Fresh from the gym as usual, Rell?" asked the wolverine in a combat flak suite that had walked in last. Baydeth was the real oddity around here. Not many commandos used to work for the Empire. But, he could fight, and better than most beasts Rust had met. That was the important thing.
   "Sure!" The otter held up an arm rippling with muscle. "You don't get these things just by running around in circles like you!" He shoved the wolverine playfully.
   "At ease!" shouted Rust. Immediate silence filled the room. "I did not call you up here to gossip. We have a mission. Its outcome determines the fate of the Confederacy. If we succeed, we give it a real chance I this war. If we fail, it dies here." Taking advantage of the room's 3-D holoprojection capacity, He began his briefing. "As you know, most of the Imperial Fleet is stationed at Suminia for repairs and re-arming. We have found a crucial weakness in their defenses. The repair bases take power from a geothermal generator that drills directly into the planet's core. They set the generator so that in the event of the planet being captured, they could detonate the station. This fractures the core and begins a chain reaction which ends with the explosion of the planet, destroying the majority of the shipping brought to bear against us. There is just one complication: we have only one standard hour to leave the planet before it explodes." He continued his briefing, elaborating on details and technical issues. Wrapping it up, he said, "I leave it to you to prepare and brief your squads. Any materials needed, send me a special requisition. We leave in two standard days." He turned to Baydeth . "Oh, and Captain, as your squad is short one man, I shall accompany you." He held up a hand as protest rippled through the room. "If my life is going to end, it will be in a battle for the fate of the Confederacy. This is my wish. Also, I've always wanted to blow up a planet."
He turned and walked out.
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Norham Waterpaw

Ooc: Wait, so we have 1 hour to leave the planet before it blows, and we leave in two days?
Hey you! What? Expecting a great quote or some heart-warming poem? Too bad, my signature is just boring. Stop reading it. Stop it. Why are you still reading it?

Wylder Treejumper

OOC: Changed to two weeks for training, etc. but RP time can slip days...
-Thomas Paine

-George Washington

Wylder Treejumper

-Thomas Paine

-George Washington

Norham Waterpaw

OOC: Back!

Baydeth was at his locker, reading. It was a book titled Guns and You. He threw the book into a rubbish bin not too far from him. "Darn anti-gun enthusiasts." He muttered.

He got up and headed to the gym. He picked up a 500 pound weight and slid it over a bar. He slid another over the other side, laid down, and began lifting it on the bare floor.

Wylder Treejumper

OOC: Where are the others? Jet and HIAG joined...
Pardon me if I go techno-geeky, but I'll just lay out my equipment.

BIC: Rust walked over to the armory. It always paid to train with your weapons. Most STO's of his age and rank stopped, but Rust was never one to be caught unprepared. The heavily armored door slid open, and he walked in. Walking among racks of weapons, suits of armor, piles of ammo and power cores, he selected all the equipment he needed, loaded it into a pack, and set off for the training room.

He walked into the firing range, nodded to a few other troopers, and unloaded his weapons.

First he took out his pistol. It was a TX-7 dual function plasma/fusion pistol. He loosed a couple of shots in plasma mode, sighted the weapon in, and proceeded to obliterate the center of the target. He flipped a switch, set the bullet to impact, and took a shot. The target exploded in nuclear fusion.

He tossed the pistol aside and pulled out his personal 2F9 fusion rifle. Setting it to narrow beam, he carved his name into the new target. Stepping forward, he set it to wide beam, and finished obliterating it.

Next, he pulled out his SFL-1 sniper rifle. He calibrated it, and sniped the ears off the rat target in front.

Finally, he took out the Sammy HE launcher. He fitted it with a dud cartridge and, taking aim with the targeting computer, launched. Out of habit, he ducked. A dull thunk announced that the target was eliminated.

All in working order, he packed up and went to his bunk.
-Thomas Paine

-George Washington

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

OOC: Zorry aboot nae poztin'. Tvill pozt on ze morrov!

EDIT: Zorry aboot yezterday, vaznae able tae get on ze computer. Ah juzt noticed, zere'z only tva beaztz up for ze Empire. Ve moight need a fev more.

BIC:
Buzz... The soft hum of his opponent's sabre resounded around the quiet room, glowing a steady blue in direct contrast to Piotr Fel's own crimson-red one. His opponent was a a gray fox, about the same age as Fel himself. He guestered for it to make the first move. The fox came at him, aiming to severe his left arm. He easily blocked it, batting it's lightsabre away and making an attack of his own at it's left flank. It parried and the fight went on.

They had been at it for quite awhile, neither one of them seeming to give nor take just the right amount of ground to win. Each slash was parried, followed by an attack of it's own that was then either blocked or avoided. Piotr suddenly made a feint for the fox's left leg. The fox immediately raised his own to intercept, but Piotr was not there. Suddenly a red blade jutted out from his chest. Standing behind him was Piotr, holding the blade that had gutted his opponent. He pulled it out and the fox dropped down, death creeping over his features.

Fel switched off his lightsabre and clipped it onto his belt, wiping sweat off his brow with his other paw. He looked at the now dead fox. This slave had been a far better fighter than ones previously. Most impressive.

He sighed and commed for the fox's body to be removed, and then left the room. He was thirsty for the oncoming conflict, and was eager for them to finish the repairs and move on to the battling. Not even practise fights with slaves compared with the real joy of a major battle. He hoped they would finish soon.
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

OOC: Excuze ze double pozt. Finizhed me pozt! Pozt ava mateyz!
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Wylder Treejumper

OOC: Nor, you want to embark now? I'm ready for some fightin!
-Thomas Paine

-George Washington

Norham Waterpaw

Baydeth ran through his inventory. He talked out loud as he ran through the list. "300 rounds of ammo, check. Plas-Pistol, check. Combat sabre, check. Chain mortar... Where..."

He paused, his gun wasn't there. He rolled a body-bag out of the way.

"Ah, here it is..." He continues through his list, and strapped on his armor.

He took the long walk from his locker room to the Warp Deck. He checked his card at the door, giving him entry. He nodded to the receptionist, and stepped into the bay. The receptionist smiled as Baydeth dissapeared in a whispering smoke.

In an instant, he was down on the rugged terrain of the planet.

Wylder Treejumper

-Thomas Paine

-George Washington

Wylder Treejumper

bumpbumpittybumpbumpbump!

OOC: Seriously, where is Norham?!?!?!?!?!?
-Thomas Paine

-George Washington