News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Fantasy debate

Started by Wylder Treejumper, December 25, 2014, 10:58:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maudie

"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

Søren

Quote from: Faiyloe on December 26, 2014, 05:09:12 AM
It's from Finus and Ferb (the fact that I can't spell that makes me feel better) I only know that because my siblings where watching it in the other room.  :P
Phinias and Ferb.
Quote from: Mask on December 26, 2014, 05:11:18 AM
My Little Pony. :)
DANG! Was beat to the punch!

I'm retired from the forum

Delthion

Yes, Tirek was fashioned after a demon, or at least that's what it looked like.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Rainshadow

I'd say that I like sci-fi, but in my opinion, fantasy is better.  They're kinda close to each other, though.  I mean, fantasy has magic, mythical creatures, and all sorts of non-human species, and sci-fi has advanced technology and aliens.  Both are pretty awesome.
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

James Gryphon

Honestly, I don't see that anyone can really say that one is "better" than the other. It's just a setting to dress the story in, and a pretty interchangeable one at that. You can take just about any fantasy story and retheme it as sci-fi, and vice versa.
« Subject to editing »

Jukka the Sling

Quote from: Faiyloe on December 26, 2014, 05:02:35 AM
Quote from: Soren the Warrior on December 26, 2014, 04:31:57 AM

Is humiliated that I actually got that reference.  :P
Is it bad that I watched that show with my siblings earlier this year? (The younger few basically binge-watched Phineas and Ferb on Netflix for ages. And I admit it's kinda funny, but after a while it begins to kill brain cells...)
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Søren

It's not bad, it's normal.

I'm retired from the forum

Lady Amber

It really starts to get brain-dead after you watch more than 7 episodes in a row.

Jetthebinturong

Sci-Fi is a sub-genre of Fantasy
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

The Skarzs

Well, pretty much all fiction is someone fantasizing about something. Thus: all fiction is fantasy. ;D
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Rusvul

Quote from: Jetthebinturong on December 26, 2014, 08:39:39 PM
Sci-Fi is a sub-genre of Fantasy
A SUPERIOR sub-genre! >:D

(Sarcastic zealotry. While I do like sci-fi more, subjectivity is subjective.)

The Mask

Quote from: Delthion on December 26, 2014, 05:09:59 AM
Ohh...well don't feel bad, I've watched most of the MLP episodes...
Are you a brony or just cos of siblings?
I am a squirrel, an otter, a mouse, a fox, a stoat, a ferret, a weasel, a wildcat, a hare, a hedgehog, a badger; I am the master of disguises, The Mask.

" I will burn the heart out of you." Moriarty, Sherlock

Delthion

Not really a brony. More siblings than anything else.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

The Mask

Fair enough. Isn't it funny what little siblings make you watch? I have seriously seen almost every episode of Ben and Holly's Little Kingdom. Although I don't think they show it in America(It's a British show).
I am a squirrel, an otter, a mouse, a fox, a stoat, a ferret, a weasel, a wildcat, a hare, a hedgehog, a badger; I am the master of disguises, The Mask.

" I will burn the heart out of you." Moriarty, Sherlock

Delthion

Well, notice that I said more than anything else. That was key, so I do enjoy it somewhat.