News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Lock this topic! (By New Year's Day!)

Started by Blaggut, October 15, 2015, 04:59:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Kade Rivok

Quote from: Jarky Thistlebrush on October 14, 2019, 06:42:57 AM
PLEASE JUST FLIPPIN' LOCK, you confounded bloomin' topic!
Not before 17 pages, ye flop-eared windbag!
Words!
Writings of a Mad Man

Songs!
Kade's Vocal Emporium

Gaming!
The Noob Combo

Super Special Medals!

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Verdauga

I have a feeling every thing to talk about has been exhausted on this topic.
Killing the mood since 2019

Thanks for the artwork Lass, Scott, and Wortshire! (And Dannflower as well for the Worldstate badge.)

Kreg

You can't spell low IQ without a lot of boogaly (boo-ga-lee)

Come To My Shop!

OooooOOooo, shiny!

Verdauga

Thanks for the artwork Lass, Scott, and Wortshire! (And Dannflower as well for the Worldstate badge.)

Kade Rivok

Quote from: Verdauga on October 14, 2019, 03:28:31 PM
Hmmm, what's everybeast's take on red pandas?
Words!
Writings of a Mad Man

Songs!
Kade's Vocal Emporium

Gaming!
The Noob Combo

Super Special Medals!

Verdauga

The Skarzs

Yep. But that won't stop us from rehashing. *Gets out a pan.*
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

One-Eye the wildcat

we still got time, we can still get it by new years!
"What will become of us? Where will we go, we who wander this vast wasteland in search of our better selves?"

"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order, and everything becomes chaos. I'm an agent of chaos."
Long live the RRR!!

Kreg

You can't spell low IQ without a lot of boogaly (boo-ga-lee)

Come To My Shop!

OooooOOooo, shiny!

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Kade Rivok

If we don't, I'll honestly be surprised.
Words!
Writings of a Mad Man

Songs!
Kade's Vocal Emporium

Gaming!
The Noob Combo

Super Special Medals!

shisteer of nothing much

There's always something else to talk about. Have you discussed cushions yet? Fireplaces? Pigeons? Jugs vs kettles? Socks? (If you have discussed all these topics, I have more suggestions)
    I have a shiny thing! See?

And another shiny thing:

And also some random, unnecessary coding.[/li][/list]

Long live the RRR!

Rosie Willowwater

Quote from: Søren on January 12, 2017, 02:05:35 AM
Quote from: Inquisitor on January 12, 2017, 12:42:00 AM
Quote from: Gonff the Mousethief on January 12, 2017, 12:10:27 AM
And dang, the newest thread on that forum is pretty touching. Kinda seems that that could
Be the fate of this place.
I fear that outcome.
-Storytime with Søren-

Gonff sits idly, not think about much. Seven years have passed since he last visited Loamhedge. "Surely", he thought as the virtual abbey crossed his kind for the first time in years, "surely there's nothing left. It's been so long..." He pulls out his phone from his pocket, which takes him to the old website. "Who's online?" he reads. "1 User, psybox; 12 guests". He scrolls through and finds his old board, a popular favorite "The Front Lawns".
He starts to type as he creates a new topic: "It's been so long...
I've graduated college a year ago and am now a successful novelist. I was on this forum long ago as Gonff the Mousethief. I didn't know this place still existed! Has anyone else been on lately?"
3 weeks later, replies come in. Slowly at first, but ever so steadily. Skarzs leaves a hello, relating how he now is a professional blacksmith and specializes in custom built replica weapons from book series's. He says how it all started with Martin the Warrior's sword. He's also married Faiyloe. Galli pops in to say how her illustrating career took to new heights, and she now is a graphic designer at a major firm. Søren stops by to relate how he has faired, and how he's teaching his own children about Redwall and has gifted them with his collection. James returns, tweaks something in the themes, and posts how he is now a software developer for Apple. Even Peony logs on to tell of her new dancing stardom. Maudie, Peri, Sky, Banya, Eul, Jet, Rrrrr, Alexander, Inquisitor, Kit and everyone else stops in to leave their message about where their lives are headed from here on. Gonff is filled with warm happiness as he rekindles the spark of the old forum.
4 years later, it's going strong again. James still is managing the forum, although with more difficulty ow that a new generation of Redwall readers have taken over: the children of the original member of the Loamhedge Abbey Forum, who stay, read and discuss the books that brought it all together so many years ago.

Does anyone remember this post? I still think about it sometimes...