From one goodbeast to the next, I challenge you. (Roleplay duel. Corn vs Wylder)

Started by shisteer of nothing much, October 27, 2020, 12:19:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shisteer of nothing much

OOC: @Cornflower MM and @Wylder Treejumper , it has arrived. Please meet Dunger, one of the beasts who was working for Ref Eustace but had to slip away due to his great auntie twice removed and once buried having a funeral. He then took the opportunity, while being in the area, to go to the ball and will be referee for this duel.
OOC thread: http://redwallabbey.com/forum/index.php?topic=11743.0

BIC:
  Dunger wagged a paw at two young hares who were trying to pinch food from his plate. It was nice to be home after so many seasons, and it was a good thing he came anyway. Yes, Eustace would be furious at his disappearance, but his wrath would be dissipated once he learned that Dunger had, in fact, been getting them more business.
  The hare swallowed his mouthful of savoury flan and nodded at the two beasts, each glaring daggers at the other.
  "Righto, chaps, no need to get out of control, wot! This minor disagreement can be settled calmly and peacefully in a fight to the death. Lucky for you, I have a fair amount of bally experience when it comes to organising duels, doncha know. Quick, form an arena and choose your weapons! I'll personally be responsible for making sure the last slice doesn't get eaten by anybeast but the winner! Hop to it, wot wot!"
  At a bit of harrying, the watching hares moved around until there was a circle of space where the two Long Patrol veterans could battle it out. The music had stopped at the first angry yellings, but now the musicians stood ready to add a bit of drama to the whole affair. Dunger watched as a few of the hares' respective compatriots got them ready and armed, then pushed them into the arena for battle. Stepping forward, the irrepressible beast tried out his best imitation of Ref Eustace and began proceedings.
    I have a shiny thing! See?

And another shiny thing:

And also some random, unnecessary coding.[/li][/list]

Long live the RRR!

Wylder Treejumper

Major Pembroke W. Cresswhite II twitched his whiskers scornfully. "That will be entirely unnecessary, sah, as there will be no contest. 'Tis mine by right o' seniority, wot wot!" Gazing across the platter holding the last slice of Salamandastron Strudelcake at the impudent leveret that dared to challenge his right to the final slice, he said, "withdraw your bally paw from me slice o' cake, or I shall be forced to take measures!"

@Cornflower MM
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Cornflower MM

Finnebuck Pineley blinked at the middle-aged major with an affronted stare on his chubby face. "I say this with the utmost respect, sah, but I was bally well here first, wot wot! Tis rightfully my slice of cake!" The paw that wasn't holding a new fork and small plate twitched toward the bowl of meadowcream set to the side of the platter that held the last wonderful, decadent slice of strudelcake before Finn could help himself and there was a determined set to his jaw.