News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

The Dibbuns' Escape

Started by Rosie Willowwater, July 05, 2019, 03:14:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tungro

"Lets get goin' alwedy! Wev been waitin long enough" Magle said as he reach for the door

Jack the Quick

"No! Dose aduwts are awe wazy an' sweepy! Dey probly been 'sleep ferever long time!" Lokie shot back, racing ahead of the others. "Are yew guys comin' or not?!"
'I ate the sharpest tool in the shed'

"Inconceivable!" ~Vizzini, The Princess Bride

"Art is never complete, only abandoned," ~Leonardo da Vinci

Long live the RRR!!

The Grey Coincidence

"Course I'm comin'! I'm comin' faster 'n yew aw!" Chip-claw raced after the fluffy tailed dibbun.
Profile by the wonderful Vizon.

Also, behold this shiny medal! How I got it is a secret...

Also, also, I am running fanfic conteeeeeests!

Jack the Quick

Lokie glanced back, only to find that Chip-claw was fast gaining. "Oh, no ye don't," Lokie said, speeding up. The escape had rapidly turned to a race, though with their small little legs they had not gone far.

Long live the RRR!!

The Grey Coincidence

The familiar, competitive urge to out-do his fellow dibbuns embraced the young stoat, who now shot as fast as he could on all fours. As fast as lightning! As quick as a thunderclap! Down the STAIRS!?!?!
Chip-claw was moving too fast to slow down and bounced from one step to another before crumpling into a blanketed heap at the bottom.

Jack the Quick

Lokie had stopped with his mouth wide open when Chip-claw had passed him, but now! Chip-claw had fallen down the stairs! Lokie glanced back at the others to see if they were following, then raced down the steps to see if Chip-claw was okay.
"Hey, uh, H-hip-cwaw, awe ye okaye?"

Long live the RRR!!

The Grey Coincidence

"No..." The stoat groaned. Well actually he was fine. A bit winded, somewhat bruised but overall he'd had more painful baths. But of course... he had the sly cunning of vermin... and was hungry... and Lackey looked so worried...  "I dink I'm dyin'... need food... iffen I  'ad some stwawbewwy fizz righ' now..."

Jack the Quick

OOC: Lackey? Really?
BIC: Lokie looked at his buddy in dibbun-like concern.
"Wroight away, Hip-cwaw," Lokie said, running to the steps that led to the cellars. A few moments later, he returned empty-handed. "Actually, oi'm too awfraid. I'm notta-not goin' down dere."

Long live the RRR!!

The Grey Coincidence

Chip-claw wheezed pitifully. "I undewstan'... et may be tew late fe me anyways..." If he had to get up and get the fizz himself his deception would be futile! And Lackey would surely know he was pretending! Or suspect it...

Jack the Quick

Lokie paced about worriedly. This was bad. His buddy Hip-caw was gonna die all because of him!
"Aw-awroight. I'll do et fer you, buddy Hip." And with that, Lokie set off.

Long live the RRR!!

Tungro

"Wait fo me!" Magle shouted running after the other dibbuns

Jack the Quick

Seeing the others n their way, Lokie sighed with relief. One of the others could get the strawberry fizz for Hip-caw.
" 'Ey, guys. c'mere! Hip-caw needs some stwab'wy fizz! One o' ye needs teh git it fer 'im!"

Long live the RRR!!

Kreg

Dale shaking himself awake try to catch up to the other dibbin's "wait up!!"
You can't spell low IQ without a lot of boogaly (boo-ga-lee)

Come To My Shop!

OooooOOooo, shiny!

Rosie Willowwater

Nora had been following alongside the other two, barely keeping up with their impromptu race. She was secretly glad that Chip-claw had fallen down the stairs, for it allowed her to crumple to the ground and catch her breath. "Wait... fur... the others..." She gasped out as she saw Dale and Magle coming up to them. "Af'er a res', we gonna keep goin' fastly. Y'don' need stwab'wy fizz, Chip."

The Grey Coincidence

Internally Chip-claw was seething- why wasn't this working!? Yet, like the actor he was, he gave another heavy wheeze, which transformed into a cough half-way through. He let his eyelids drop slightly and pressed his ears against the back of his head.