News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

The Dibbuns' Escape

Started by Rosie Willowwater, July 05, 2019, 03:14:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cornflower MM

Rayne bounced up to the group - She'd gotten distracted watching an ant crawl around on the wall - and peered down at Chip-claw with a concerned expression on her small face. "Uh ohs, didja bonk your head? You'll be's okay!" She announced cheerfully, breaking into a grin as she extended a paw to help him up.

The Grey Coincidence

He just wanted some strawberry fizz. It took a dangerous amount of self control to stop himself from growling and pounding the floor in frustration. His acting was perfect, what could possibly have them doubting his need for sweet strawberry sweetness?! Was it not the lifeblood of all dibbuns? The best of medicines? The truest of truths? And what if he was dying? Would his fellow dibbuns truly leave him on the floor without even a drop of strawberry goodness?
With waning determination he gave another wheezy cough and made a great deal of effort flopping his arm in a show of weakness to rival the invalid. "Need... stwawbewwy..."
Profile by the wonderful Vizon.

Also, behold this shiny medal! How I got it is a secret...

Also, also, I am running fanfic conteeeeeests!

Jack the Quick

Lokie got up and looked down at Chip.
"I'm startin' to finks dat 'e's fakin'," he said, looking back at the others.
'I ate the sharpest tool in the shed'

"Inconceivable!" ~Vizzini, The Princess Bride

"Art is never complete, only abandoned," ~Leonardo da Vinci

Long live the RRR!!

The Grey Coincidence

Panic was beginning to seep into the stoat's mind, slowly and deliberately. WIth a final wheezing cough, he shut his eyes and lay still, his tongue hanging out the side of his slackened jaws.

Jack the Quick

Lokie looked down at Chip, who was now playing dead.
"No! We kiwed 'im!" Lokie said, aghast. "Oh, oi'm sowwy Chip, dis is awe my fawt." Lokie sobbed, beginning to cry on Chip's clean shirt.

Long live the RRR!!

The Grey Coincidence

Chip did not personally care about the state of his shirt. But if the badgermum saw it all mucky and filthy (again) he'd be reprimanded (again).
"Oi! Geroff! I'm alive ye big dafty."

Tungro

Magle arrived panting, "Was been goin' on here?"

Jack the Quick

Lokie got up, looking very surprised. Suddenly, realization dawned on him.
"Wha- Wait! Ye were fakin' da 'ole time! Dat's wot's been 'apenin'! Chip's been fakin' dead!" Lokie said, beginning to look quite angry.

Long live the RRR!!

The Grey Coincidence

It would have been easier to admit the truth, after all what could Lakey do? But the young stoat was as stubborn as they came. "N-no it wasn'! I was dyin' until I wasn't. It's a miwackle! Praise Mawtin!" He got to his feetpaws. "Still doesn change de fact yew neawly kiwed me."

Jack the Quick

Lokie looked abashed almost immediately. "Oi'm sowwy, Chipie. Oi suppose dat dis giwes you da woight to fakee," he said, looking at his feet in shame. Suddenly, he brightened considerably. " 'Ey! We ken git goin' naow! Wet's go!"

Long live the RRR!!

Kreg

In Dale's rush to catch up with the others, Dale fell down the stairs on to Chip-claw *THUD* "OWWWW" screeched Dale, his eyes starting to water. After some pain,  Dale muttered, "I-I-I'm f-f-fine." *sniff*
You can't spell low IQ without a lot of boogaly (boo-ga-lee)

Come To My Shop!

OooooOOooo, shiny!

Cornflower MM

Rayne stood back, staring at the scene aghast. She'd been just about to perk up again when Dale fell down the stairs and her eyes went wide. "Does anyfing hurt?" She asked, reaching out to pat him on the head.

Jack the Quick

"Oi, few one, fink dat 'e's fakin' jus' wike Chipie was. Wet's go, aweady!"

Long live the RRR!!

Kreg

"Sh-sure l-lets go" Dale said while getting up and limping forward " Hey chip w-we sh-should get goin'"
You can't spell low IQ without a lot of boogaly (boo-ga-lee)

Come To My Shop!

OooooOOooo, shiny!

The Grey Coincidence

He'd been about to berate Lackey for not bringing him the strawberry fizz he had so desperately want- needed!- when Dale jumped on him.
Dale was no longer on top of him but Chip-claw had had the wind knocked out of him on impact and was currently admiring the pretty birds that flapped around his head like a halo. He really was an angel! Or... going crazy...
"I'm..." What was that word grown-ups used when some-beast was incapacitated and unable to get up? Dazed? Stunned? Knocked out? Unconscious? Terminally ill? Pregnant? It had to be pregnant. Why else would Sister Gwendoline be bed-ridden? Although... she was very fat. Perhaps it meant eating too much? If he said he was eating to much then none of the others would let him eat anything! "I see de stars..." He finally said, dizzily, upon deciding that grown-up language was complicated and stupid.