News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Saddest Redwall Book

Started by Tiria Wildlough, December 06, 2011, 02:58:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redwallfan7

what's wrong with being pretty and getting the handsome guy? I don't see anything wrong with that.
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Dannflower Reguba

Besides that: Tiria was the best slinger in the history of Redwall, she was friends with everyone (except the baddies of course ;)) She got to slay the head honcho of the evil dudes, she got all the special equipment (The shark hide sling, feather weight armor, Corins lance ect.) everything always worked out for her, and she was always such a perfect missy.
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Flandor

Its that she was pretty, randomly amazing with the sling, super smart, friends with everyone, pretty fearless, got the guy... and to top it off, she couldn't be skipper of otters, but that's ok because she just happened to be the queen of Green Isle, and not because she really earned the title.

I don't hate her character, but that's why she's technically a Mary Sue.
"Each of us is born to follow a star, be it bright and shining or dark and fated."
-Rillbrook the Wanderer, son of Rillbrook the Wanderer, Grandson of Rillbrook the Wanderer

Redwallfan7

So you're basically saying that a Mary Sue is a character who gets whatever they want without having to work for it.
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Flandor

That and/or they have no major flaws. 
"Each of us is born to follow a star, be it bright and shining or dark and fated."
-Rillbrook the Wanderer, son of Rillbrook the Wanderer, Grandson of Rillbrook the Wanderer

gorath

My favorite people: Obi Wan, Satele Shan, Jek 14, Kai, Longtooth, and Kili.

Flandor

If you Wikipedia Mary Sue it should answer any other questions you have.

Back in topic, my vote goes to Mattimeo.

Dannflor

some of you guys have NO taste
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

Flandor

Redwallfan7

What are you talking about Dannflor?

Dannflower Reguba

We'd have to be missing our tongues to be missing our taste... Please explain.
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Tiria Wildlough

Quote from: Flandor on June 27, 2012, 07:12:01 PM
Its that she was pretty, randomly amazing with the sling, super smart, friends with everyone, pretty fearless, got the guy... and to top it off, she couldn't be skipper of otters, but that's ok because she just happened to be the queen of Green Isle, and not because she really earned the title.

Flandor, she didn't 'get the guy'. If she did, my username would be Lady Amber.
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

WildDoogyPlumm

Quote from: Flandor on June 27, 2012, 07:12:01 PM

Actually, she was great with a sling because she'd been using it since she was little.  And I agree with Tiria(the forum user)'s post above: how did she 'get the guy'?
"Guid warriors cannae rest 'til those dirty slayers are paid out in steel for their crimes, ye ken?" - Doogy

Flandor

My bad about the getting the guy comment.  I still stand that she was pretty, loved by everyone, polite and smart, incredible with a sling, and became a queen just because.  How many characters do we know who trained with a sling since they were young? A whole lot.  None of them could have done what she did, or frankly even come close.

She still fits the Sue description to me.  She's not the only Redwall character who does, but she is the one who stood out most to me (after Melanda MacBurl).  I still like her, I was just explaining what was Sue-ish about her.

And we're completely off-topic.

Redwallfan7