We're looking for a Redwall Champion!

Started by Captain Tammo, April 20, 2019, 10:29:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kreg

I vote for @Rosie Willowwater

also why is everyone voting for me?
You can't spell low IQ without a lot of boogaly (boo-ga-lee)

Come To My Shop!

OooooOOooo, shiny!

Thingyman

Hi guys!

I'm the person organizing the tournament. I'm very happy to see that there is interest.

I thought I'd clarify a few things to hopefully make the decision easier for you.

Your representative can completely decide these things:
- Whether the game has American or European friendly deadlines.
- Whether the game should start April 29, May 6, May 13, May 20, May 27, June 3, June 10, June 17
- Whether the game should have 12-hour/12-hour day and night phases, or 36/12, 48/24 or 72/24

And the game isn't one big game with 187 representatives in it. Rather, it consists of 11 qualifier games, each with 17 representatives. Your champion would be playing in just one of these qualifier games. If they do well enough, they might then advance to a wildcard game or even the finale game.

An example game from last year, so you can get a sense of the game flow and activity level: https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/threads/16668-Season-5-Game-1-Luigi-s-Mansion-The-Mafia-Championship

As someone else mentioned, you should be prepared for 500-600 posts per 24 hours for the first few days. Realistically, you'd need to be able to dedicate at least a couple of hours to the game every day, and it's best if you're able to check in at various times throughout the day, so you don't ever fall too much behind on things.

I can promise two things: It's gonna be one hell of a culture shock, but if you have the time and energy for it, it should also be a LOT of fun. And you definitely won't be alone; A majority of the participating communities have games that end with less than 200 posts total, so playing a game that will end up with a few thousand posts can seem quite intimidating :D

Tungro

That sounds super cool!
Unfortunately I don't think I could dedicate the time for it  :-\

Nadaz, voice of the host

I'm always interested in contests, I shall nominate myself. I have very flexible time and would be able to play for at least two to three hours a day.
It matters not what you fight, but what you fight for.

Tungro

So I would say @Nadaz, voice of the host as a main representative and
@Rosie Willowwater and/or @Kreg as backups

Rosie Willowwater

Nadaz, voice of the host

Captain Tammo

@Thingyman it looks like we've decided! I'll PM you just to follow up

@Nadaz, voice of the host will be our first redwall champion, and our backups - should they be needed - will be @Rosie Willowwater and @Kreg
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

The Grey Coincidence

No pressure Nadaz, we're all rooting for you! I don't even know what Mafia is buuut- GOOOOOOO NADAAAAZ!
Profile by the wonderful Vizon.

Also, behold this shiny medal! How I got it is a secret...

Also, also, I am running fanfic conteeeeeests!

Sebias of Redwall

GO NAZ!!! is mafia played with other Forums or just Redwall?
"I can only speak two languages. English and rubbish." ~Brian Jacques

"No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly."

"Evil labours with vast power and perpetual success - in vain: preparing always only the soil for unexpected good to sprout in."

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

Tungro

There are entire forums dedicated to Mafia

Sebias of Redwall

Really? Could you link up a few sometime?

"No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly."

"Evil labours with vast power and perpetual success - in vain: preparing always only the soil for unexpected good to sprout in."

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

Tungro

None off the top of my head, you could probably just google it though

Sebias of Redwall

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

Nadaz, voice of the host

Thanks so much for the support everyone! Perhaps I should have mentioned that this is only my second time playing mafia online? I have played quite a lot in real life though.