News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Favorite Quotes

Started by Rainshadow, September 14, 2012, 11:59:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Shadow of Korriban

"Do you not know death when you see it old man? This is my hour!" ~ The Witch King of Angmar ~
The best way to forget your own problems is to beat a rock with a stick.<br /><br />My YouTube channel!

Tungro

"The world is a bigger place now, Jack" - Hector Barbosa
"No mate, there is just less in it..." - *Captain* Jack Sparrow

The Shadow of Korriban

"Now for wrath, now for ruin, and a red dawn!" ~ Theoden, King of Rohan ~
The best way to forget your own problems is to beat a rock with a stick.<br /><br />My YouTube channel!

Tungro

"Why has government been instituted at all? Because the passions of men will not conform to the dictates of reason and justice, without constraint." ~ Alexander Hamilton

Hickory

"Because our country's pioneers became of necessity competent handicraftsmen imposes no obligation upon the present generation of steam-heat and pushbutton settlers to emulate them with sweat and calluses. Financial considerations permitting, we are able to acquire almost any type of furniture our hearts desire, from well-constructed replicas of authentic antiques to comfortable creations of modern design. If unable to satisfy completely all his furniture wants at one time, the average householder budgets his purchases and buys carefully, thereby acquiring an increased pride of ownership derived from a well-considered comparison of values.

"It is doubtful, however, whether this ultimate pride of possession ever approximates the deep satisfaction of the craftsman who successfully constructs a comfortable and useful piece of furniture that in appearance and workmanship closely resembles the product of experienced cabinetmakers. To achieve such a result through one's own planning and with one's own hands is a tangible monument to the self-reliance and the inherent ability of an amateur to invade successfully the guild of master craftsmen. This guild is not only an ancient but also a most honorable one, who members were, and still are, truly artists in wood, although the pride of craftsmanship that formerly prompted to many of them to sign their products has necessarily disappeared as the result of our modern system of specialized products and mass production, under which no one individual and be entirely responsible for the finished product."

-B.W. Pelton, Furniture Making and Cabinet Work
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

The Shadow of Korriban

"It's over Anakin. I have the high ground!" ~ Obi-Wan Kenobi ~

Hickory

"'Oh, for mercy's sake,' interrupted the mistress, stamping her foot, 'for mercy's sake, let us hear no more of it now! Your cold blood cannot be worked into a fever – your veins are full of ice water – but mine are boiling, and the sight of such chillness makes them dance.'

-Catherine, Wuthering Heights
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Thanquol

"If he had shot me through the brain, sir, I should still have killed him."
-Andrew Jackson

Tungro

"I am going to enjoy watching you die!"
"Then you are going to do it with one eye!" *Pokes villains eye*

Angelbunny

Mickey: We're not killing anybody on our wedding day.
Angel: [coughs loudly]
    Fluttershy: [gasp] Because of that giant cloud of scary black smoke? I'll take that as a... yes.

Sebias of Redwall

"There say there are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what that isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe what is." ~Viggo Grimborn~ Dragons: Race to the Edge.
"I can only speak two languages. English and rubbish." ~Brian Jacques

"No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly."

"Evil labours with vast power and perpetual success - in vain: preparing always only the soil for unexpected good to sprout in."

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

Maudie

"Good and evil both increase at compound interest. That is why the little decisions you and I make every day are of such infinite importance. The smallest good act today is the capture of a strategic point from which, a few months later, you may be able to go on to victories you never dreamed of. An apparently trivial indulgence in lust or anger today is the loss of a ridge or railway line or bridgehead from which the enemy may launch an attack otherwise impossible (p. 132)." Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

The Skarzs

"They say don't kick a man while he's down. I say, Kick him! If he gets up and kicks you back, you've got a winner."
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Tungro

"A horse doesn't care how much you know until he knows how much you care."

Ouroboros