News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Homeschoolers?

Started by Gonff, July 07, 2011, 01:25:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do/Have you homeschooled?

I have forever!
never
I did, then school, then homeschooled
School, Homeschool,School
School, then Homeschooled from then on
Homeschooled, then school from then on

rachel25

Me be homeschooled, (as everyone knows  ::)) and I've never known anything different. I am despairing at the moment with my PACEs. My mum wants me to catch up with my math. But I hate it, I just can't get it, no matter how long I stare at the page, I just can't do it!  :( And then my mum has to come help me, but we're always interrupted by my little brothers, who also need help.  :(
But I am very good at things like the Science, and Word Building. I just seem to get it.

The Skarzs

Blurose, you're lucky. Rachel, I can sympathise; Just today I had to stop homework 'cause my baby brother stepped on a piece of glass.
Blood everywhere. (he's fine now, don't worry.)
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

BlueRose

I'd sympathize with y'all about the siblings thing, except I'm the youngest in my family. And I'm self-taught.

Rachel, I do get the math thing. I'm good at it, but I despise the subject. I'm more into learning about different world cultures.
Was anyone else on the old DAB forum, circa 2009? I was recently reminded of it, lol.

Bitterly jittery, and not very glittery.

The Skarzs

I'm doing geometry right now; It's pretty awesome.
What world culture(s) is/are your favorite to study, Blurose?
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

BlueRose

I love Asian cultures most, so far. I'd like to go to either Japan or Korea someday.

Geometry is hard. I can't get the hang of proofs....
Was anyone else on the old DAB forum, circa 2009? I was recently reminded of it, lol.

The Skarzs

You'll figure it out.
Or fail. Failing's not cool.

If I were to study culture, it'd probably be the Greeks and/or Romans.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

BlueRose

It's hard to fail when you're self-taught. :P I can get everything else though.

Greek and Roman culture is cool too! I did several reports on the mythology of both cultures when I was in secondary school.

The Shade

I like maths if I know what I'm doing, which I normally do.
They told me I was gullible. I believed them.

It is well known that 47% of statistics are made up on the spot.

I used to leave out half my sentances, but now I

The Skarzs

Maths's precious *gollum, gollum
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

rachel25

Quote from: The Shade on January 15, 2014, 06:49:17 PM
I like maths if I know what I'm doing, which I normally do.
fortunate duck. I stumble my way through Maths, and rarely get 100%  :(

Quote from: BlueRose on January 15, 2014, 06:15:38 PM
I'd sympathize with y'all about the siblings thing, except I'm the youngest in my family. And I'm self-taught.

Rachel, I do get the math thing. I'm good at it, but I despise the subject. I'm more into learning about different world cultures.
I'd like to do that, I find things like that interesting. I like learning about different places, and such.
I also like learning practical things, like textiles, which I am very good at.  ;D 

The Skarzs

What are textiles, exactly?
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Gonff the Mousethief

aren't they like small carpet of something like that :P ???
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

BlueRose

Quote from: rachel25 on January 16, 2014, 04:41:35 PM
I'd like to do that, I find things like that interesting. I like learning about different places, and such.
I also like learning practical things, like textiles, which I am very good at.  ;D 

Textiles are cool! I'm a handicrafts person too. Sorta. It's kinda like 'Oooh, what if I use my immense amounts of embroidery thread to do... Idunno, let's try this!'

I don't like to knit or crochet... Cross-stitch is pretty fun, though, and actually using a sewing machine doesn't bother me. I made myself a cloak in 7th grade.

The Skarzs

Quote from: Gonff the Mousethief on January 17, 2014, 12:54:13 AM
Haha!
No, seriously, what are textiles?  ???
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

rachel25

Quote from: The Skarzs on January 17, 2014, 04:17:02 AM
Quote from: Gonff the Mousethief on January 17, 2014, 12:54:13 AM
Haha!
No, seriously, what are textiles?  ???
Um, well, textiles is a craft. Felting, sewing, embroidery, printing, stuff like that is textiles.

Quote from: BlueRose on January 17, 2014, 03:07:22 AM
Quote from: rachel25 on January 16, 2014, 04:41:35 PM

Textiles are cool! I'm a handicrafts person too. Sorta. It's kinda like 'Oooh, what if I use my immense amounts of embroidery thread to do... Idunno, let's try this!'

I don't like to knit or crochet... Cross-stitch is pretty fun, though, and actually using a sewing machine doesn't bother me. I made myself a cloak in 7th grade.
Cool, my favorite type of textiles is felting. I especially like needle felting.
I made myself a huge bag, and I made a wall hanging, amongst other things. and I'm making a redwall quilt.  :)