Announcements Response Topic

Started by Matthias720, November 11, 2013, 05:23:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Tammo

While I like the idea of one day getting to mini elections and campaigning for these positions, I don't think we should do that yet. For now, the staff team will pick who to extend the offer(s) to. But if you're interested, it doesn't hurt to say so!
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Tungro

I mean, I would be interested but I don't know how good of a job I could do...

Dannflower Reguba

I know I'm late, but I still think it should be mentioned that holding elections gets into a popularity issue. Say, for instance (and since it's relevant to me), that an election is held for the fan works section. This occurrence already presents two less than ideal situations. 1.) Everyone is allowed to vote, even though this section is not populated as regularly in the same manner as say the general boards (thus resulting in relatively low-contribution members in said area possibly being elected) 2.) The vote is restricted to the afore mentioned lower number of frequenters of the boards which leaves little in the way of votes. Either way, the results will be unsatisfactory.
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Tungro

Nadaz, voice of the host

Quote from: Tungro on March 06, 2019, 12:00:18 PM
I mean, I would be interested but I don't know how good of a job I could do...
Same here.
It matters not what you fight, but what you fight for.

Ouroboros

I would think members who have either been active for long enough to understand the intricacies behind running the site or those who are of a more mature age and are thus more responsible would have the most qualifications.

Maudie

Awesome! I personally would love to see another extravaganza sometime soon.
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

The Grey Coincidence

Profile by the wonderful Vizon.

Also, behold this shiny medal! How I got it is a secret...

Also, also, I am running fanfic conteeeeeests!

Kreg

You can't spell low IQ without a lot of boogaly (boo-ga-lee)

Come To My Shop!

OooooOOooo, shiny!

The Witessss

i'll just do what the group does, jumpin' onto the bandwagon.
the wwwiiiiiitttttttteeeeessssssss!

Tungro

Any progress updates? {Not impatient, just curious}

The Witessss

maybe we should 'mention' Tammo, that way he will see it in about 3 minutes..
the wwwiiiiiitttttttteeeeessssssss!

DanielofRedwall

Tammo is away right now and can only visit periodically.

In terms of staff appointments: these are pretty big decisions to make, so it will likely be a fair bit of time before we settle on a candidate (or candidates). These things can take some time (leave no stone unturned and all that). We have heard your opinions and nominations and we are factoring them all in, just have a bit of patience.

In terms of staff tasks: we are getting through things bit by bit, some you might have noticed and other things you wouldn't have seen. :)
Received mostly negative reviews.

Tungro

321tumbler

All hail THE GNOMES! I have to say I do gnot approve this gnew staff list. There is a misrepresentation of gnomes. They are beautiful and smart and gneed to give their opinions and aid this gnew direction of the forum.