News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

The Quote Above Me

Started by Søren, March 11, 2016, 04:02:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Søren

Just post a quote, and give a comment on the one above you!

I'll start:
"I loved her not for the way she danced with my angels, but for the way the sound of her name could silence my demons."
-Christopher Poindexter

I'm retired from the forum

Dotti Dillworthy

Love is a pleasant, yet bittersweet at times, form of exorcism.

"Love does not consist in gazing at each other but in looking together in the same direction."
~Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Groddil

I have to agree with that, kinda like the opposite of "Opposites attract" (opposite of opposite, hahaha ::) )

"If you want to make enemies, try to change something."
? Woodrow Wilson

Dotti Dillworthy

Changing any aspect of your personality just to please the rival could gain you one.

"Alice was beginning to get very tired of sitting by her sister on the bank and of having nothing to do: once or twice she had peeped into the book her sister was reading, but it had no pictures or conversations in it, 'and what is the use of a book,' thought Alice, 'without pictures or conversations?' "
~Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland

Jetthebinturong

ALICE WHY? ALICE NO.

"Do not ascribe to evil what can be attributed to well-intentioned stupidity."
~ The Shadow Dragons, James A. Owen.
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Søren

@Jet the binturong

"I used to think that the worst thing in life was to end up being alone. It's not. The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel alone."
-Robbie Williams[/color]

I'm retired from the forum

Dotti Dillworthy

Agreed, and well said! Based on my experiences.

"What am I lying here for? We are lying here as though we had a chance of enjoying a quiet time. Am I waiting until I become a little older?"
~Xenophon, The Anabasis

Groddil

Is it telling you to live life to the fullest?

"In the end, what separates a man from a slave? Money? Power? No. A man chooses; a slave obeys. You think you have memories: a farm, a family, an airplane, a crash, and then this place. Was there really a family? Did that airplane crash, or was it hijacked? Forced down by something less than a man, something bred to sleepwalk through life until activated by a simple phrase from their kindly master? Was a man sent to kill, or a slave? A man chooses; a slave obeys."

-Andrew Ryan, Bioshock.

Jetthebinturong

Sounds deep, but also kind of megalomaniacal?

"Did you ever consider that violence is the recourse of the uncivilised man, detective?"
"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave and debonair, professor. But I have never claimed to be civilised."
~ Skulduggery Pleasant: The Faceless Ones.
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan