News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Favorite Quotes

Started by Rainshadow, September 14, 2012, 11:59:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Delthion

"Character is fate." - Heraklitus

Wow the forum censor went crazy. (That's supposed to be a "C" in Hera"c"litus)
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Thanquol

"Is this, then, what it is to be a god?
To know, and never do? To watch the world wind by...and it it's windings find content...?
If I should feed the world...heal all the wounds man's smoldering industries have made...what would he do? Would he renounce...the wealth his sawmills bring...step gently on the flowers instead...and pluck each apple with respect....for this abundant world...in all it's providence...?

No

He would pump more poisons...build more mines...safe in the knowledge that I stood on hand...to mend the biosphere...endlessly covering the scars...he could now endlessly inflict.

Somewhere the parliament stand rooted...inert and omnipotent...while tiny spiders drape their ribs in silk.
After this night of reverie...at last I comprehend their stance."

-Swamp Thing

Sebias of Redwall

"Love is never defeated." ~Saint John Paul II~
"I can only speak two languages. English and rubbish." ~Brian Jacques

"No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly."

"Evil labours with vast power and perpetual success - in vain: preparing always only the soil for unexpected good to sprout in."

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

Keva Strongbow

"One earns Paradise with one's daily task." St. Giana Molla
"The world is changed by your example, not your opinion of it."

Sebias of Redwall

"Coming in hot, and blowing out snot!" ~Snotlout, Dragons: Race to the Edge~

"No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly."

"Evil labours with vast power and perpetual success - in vain: preparing always only the soil for unexpected good to sprout in."

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

Hickory

"Astounding. It was actually... it was beyond belief. These were first and only drafts of music. But they showed no corrections of any kind. Not one. He had simply... written down music already finished, in his head! Page after page of it, as if he were just taking dictation. And music... finished as no music is ever finished. Misplace one note, and there would be diminishment. Misplace one phrase, and the structure would fall. It was clear to me that sound I had heard in the Archbishop's palace had been no accident. Here again was the very voice of God. I was staring through a cage of those ridiculous ink strokes at an absolute beauty."

-Salieri, Amadeus
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Sebias of Redwall

"I would have gone with you to the end, into the very fires of Mordor." ~Aragorn~

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

Tungro

"If you aren't living on the edge, you are taking up too much room"

One-Eye the wildcat

"One does not simply Walk into Mordor..." -I forget his name...
"What will become of us? Where will we go, we who wander this vast wasteland in search of our better selves?"

"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order, and everything becomes chaos. I'm an agent of chaos."
Long live the RRR!!

The Grey Coincidence

Profile by the wonderful Vizon.

Also, behold this shiny medal! How I got it is a secret...

Also, also, I am running fanfic conteeeeeests!

Delthion

One does not simply forget Boromir's name.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Sebias of Redwall

Quote from: Delthion on May 29, 2019, 02:49:00 PM
One does not simply forget Boromir's name.
Lol  :laugh:

"I would have followed you, my captain, my king..." ~Boromir's last words~

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

Keva Strongbow

"Ask yourself if what u r doing today, is getting u closer to who u want to be tomorrow."
"The world is changed by your example, not your opinion of it."

One-Eye the wildcat

Life isnt passing me by. its trying to run me over
"What will become of us? Where will we go, we who wander this vast wasteland in search of our better selves?"

"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order, and everything becomes chaos. I'm an agent of chaos."
Long live the RRR!!

Jetthebinturong

"Love is a game we deserve to play out loud."
~ "Kiss the Boy" by Keiynan Lonsdale
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan