News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

The Dibbuns' Escape

Started by Rosie Willowwater, July 05, 2019, 03:14:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rosie Willowwater

Nora sighed dramatically, "Dale, yer slowin' us down! Jus' watch me do it!". She began to walk backwards, away from the handle, until she reached a point she was happy with. She then sprinted straight towards the door, jumped over it in a confusion of paws and limbs, and unceremoniously landed on top of the handle in a loud thud. Despite the poor execution, she still achieved her goal, as she fell on the handle and slammed the unsuspecting door open.

"Owwwwwwww" She groaned, tears forming in her big eyes, "Sowwy, I thought I would be more quiet..."

Kreg

Dale falls to the ground with a loud PLONK with his eyes starting to well up "A-a-a a leas I din't urt anyone!"
Dale gets up quickly trying to shake it off and hoping if he goes on ahead he won't get caught by badger mother. "We oughta go out a 'ear before Bajah muther ears' us!" Dale said in a hurried tone. "Is sooo dahk in ear'!!!"
You can't spell low IQ without a lot of boogaly (boo-ga-lee)

Come To My Shop!

OooooOOooo, shiny!

Cornflower MM

Rayne gasped when Nora fell, scurrying over to her friend. "Are yous okay, Nora?" She reached down and patted her gently on the head, then Dale fell and her eyes got wide. "Maybe.... Maybe we shoulds go back?" Rayne hesitated, wringing her little paws together in an uncharacteristic show of unease. "I don' wants us to get hurt."

Rosie Willowwater

"Rayneee, trus' me! We can' go back now, our 'venture still waits!" Nora bubbled, and to make her point, turned around and darted headlong into the darkness that lay beyond the door.

The room she entered was nothing like what she had expected. In fact, it seemed to not even be a room at all! From the light of the doorway she could make out a small lantern, unlit, hanging on a hook on the left wall. The patter of her feet echoed throughout her cavernous surroundings, resonating off the walls and stopping her in her tracks. "Woah... I neva' knew this was down 'ere..."

Nora turned back to Dale and the others "C'mon! You gotta see dis!" she shouted, and then proceeded to fumble around the floor in search of a way to light the lantern she had spotted.

Cornflower MM

Cautiously stepping into the new space, Rayne looked around with wide eyes, her unease evaporating as her curiosity took over. "Whooooaaaaa, dis is so cool!" She grinned and giggled, bouncing around in the light from the door. As she moved around, getting in Nora's way, she kicked something on the floor, moving it further into the darkness. The little squirrel gasped and dropped to the floor, trying to find the mysterious item.

After a moment her paw made contact with a little box and Rayne held up it triumphantly. "Lookit what I found!" She paused, squinting at the box to figure out what it was. "MATCHES!" Her largest grin yet that night spread across her face. Rayne loved to play with fire, although she was so excitable and forgetful it was a horrible idea for her to be around it even with adult supervision.

lass of something much

Milly had been abruptly woken from her sleep by all the wailing and clattering down stairs, she lay still for a bit, but as the sounds didn't die-down, Milly concluded it was her job to go investigate.
As she headed for the door, she noticed piece of paper and picked it up.
"Ooo! I's a evil p'an!" Of what the evil plan entailed, Milly had no idea, but she got changed quickly and ran after the sounds as quickly and quietly as her tiny paws could manage.
𝓛𝓪𝓼𝓼𝓲𝓮 𝓕𝓲𝓼𝓱

Rosie Willowwater

As Nora searched, the excitement of the adventure began to slowly wear off and an unsettling fear began bubbling up in its place as she began to realize truly how dark the mystery cave was.

"R-rayne?" she said, her voice quivering as she slowly made her way over to the squirrel and grabbed her hand "I don' wanna be here. Is dark and I... I'm scared..." In saying this, she gently let go of Rayne's hand made her way over to the light of the door where Dale and the others were still waiting.

"I'll keep wa'ch instead, okay!" she called back in a horribly loud whisper "Don' worry, nobuddy is gettin' here 'f I got sumthin' to say 'bout it". As she said this, she began staring intensely down the bright hallway, not knowing who may come down it next.

lass of something much

The young wildcat crept down the stairs almost soundlessly, then she sniffed around at the bottom of the stairs, for what she was sniffing, Milly knew not, but she came across a yellow ribbon. "I's so p'etty! "
And with that, Milly left all care to the wind as she ran down the well lit hall, watching the ribbon flap behind her.
𝓛𝓪𝓼𝓼𝓲𝓮 𝓕𝓲𝓼𝓱

Mara the Wolf

Merak, a stoat about Chip-claw's age, who'd been left at the Abbey by his Momma as she was off fighting, rolled over and woke up to see all of the others gone. "Huh? Where is ev'rybody?" he wondered as he sat up and rubbed an eye. He noticed the door was open. "Dey's musta run off.." The young stoat wondered if he should follow after them. While he was used to having to be alone for long periods of time, that didn't mean he had to like it. Besides, if I follow after them, maybe I could find Momma! She hasn't abandoned me, right? No, of course not! He got up and ran out into the hall. Where'd dey go? ...Prob'ly downstairs somewhere. He headed for the stairs.
Fursonas:
Riley: Mountain lion, Sonic the Hedgehog
Amara: African wild dog, The Lion King/The Lion Guard
Masika: Eurasian river otter, Redwall
Mara: Wolf, general

lass of something much

Milly laughed as she spun faster and faster, the ribbon swirled and spun. Milly reveled in the feeling of her dress spinning and waving and- CRASH! The little wildcat slammed into the corner at full speed, sending her spinning down the hallway at an alarming speed.

(OOC: By the way, the reason Milly isn't screaming in pain is because she's having a delayed pain reaction. It happened so quickly her brain hasn't realized she is Hurt yet.)
𝓛𝓪𝓼𝓼𝓲𝓮 𝓕𝓲𝓼𝓱

Mara the Wolf

(Is she spinning in Merak's direction?)
Fursonas:

lass of something much

(OOC: No, she's headed for the group at the end of the hall)
𝓛𝓪𝓼𝓼𝓲𝓮 𝓕𝓲𝓼𝓱

Mara the Wolf

Merak headed downstairs just in time to see Milly slam into the wall. He winced in sympathy and quickly headed after her.
Fursonas:

Cornflower MM

Rayne fumbled with the box of matches, trying to open it as quickly as she could since Nora was scared of the dark. "Don' worry! I's working on da light!"

After a moment she finally got one of the matches out of the box and she lit it with a giggle, taking a long moment to just stare into the flame. before snapping out of it. "What does I do wiv dis?"

lass of something much

Milly wobbled a bit as the pain began to sink in, she stumbled and slowed down as she neared the end of the hall. There was a small  group of beasts at the end of the hall, Milly wondered for a moment what they were doing. After a bit of consideration, she skipped over to the small squabble of dibbuns and asked. "Watcha doin'?"
The little wildcat's eyes widened at the sight of the lit match in Rayne's paw. She quickly forgot her bruises and scratch. "Flicky-flame dangaous! Are ya donna put it in da la'p or somefink?" She peered dubiously into the dark room before carrying on. "What'n dere?"
𝓛𝓪𝓼𝓼𝓲𝓮 𝓕𝓲𝓼𝓱