News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Favorite Quotes

Started by Rainshadow, September 14, 2012, 11:59:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shisteer of nothing much

I have a shiny thing! See?

And another shiny thing:

And also some random, unnecessary coding.[/li][/list]

Long live the RRR!

Thanquol

"I can not sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids!"

-General Ripper

shisteer of nothing much

"True democracy involves chocolate."

And another shiny thing:

Long live the RRR!

Thanquol

"Reasons for pain. Reasons for sadness. Reasons for life. Reasons for death. Reasons why their lives were filled with suffering. Reasons why their deaths were absurd. Humans wanted reasons for the destiny that kept transcending their knowledge. And I produce those, as it is what I have been brought into existence for."

-The Idea of Evil

Sebias of Redwall

Diego: The baby? Please. I was just returning it to its herd.
Sid: Oh, yeah. Nice try, Bucktooth.
Diego: You calling me a liar?
Sid: I didn't say that.
Diego: You were thinking it.
Sid: [whispering, to Manny] I don't like this cat. He reads minds.

"I can only speak two languages. English and rubbish." ~Brian Jacques

"No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly."

"Evil labours with vast power and perpetual success - in vain: preparing always only the soil for unexpected good to sprout in."

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

shisteer of nothing much

"But you're so old!"
"But your Mamma was so young!"

And another shiny thing:

Long live the RRR!

Thanquol

"You're right, we are mortal and fragile. But even if we are tortured or wounded, we'll fight to survive. You should feel the pain we feel and understand. I am the messenger that will deliver you to that pain and understanding."

-Guts

Sebias of Redwall

"There were no "F" names in the Bible so Ma named him "Frankincense" because he smelled so sweet."

~Seven Brides for Seven Brothers~

"I can only speak two languages. English and rubbish." ~Brian Jacques

"No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly."

"Evil labours with vast power and perpetual success - in vain: preparing always only the soil for unexpected good to sprout in."

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

MathLuk

Quote from: Sebias of Redwall on October 15, 2019, 07:54:56 PM
"There were no "F" names in the Bible so Ma named him "Frankincense" because he smelled so sweet."

~Seven Brides for Seven Brothers~

It is because there is no 'f' sounds (voiceless labio-dental fricatives) in Hebrew.

-

Oh...how right I was to spare your life. Hear me, hero. Endure. Survive. Live. For the rush of blood, for the time between the seconds--live. For the sole pleasure left to me in this empty, ephemeral world--live!

-Zenos yae Galvus, Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood

By what strange trick of fate do our paths cross anew?

Link to the Redwall Readership Restorers: https://discord.gg/frYkSzE

shisteer of nothing much

"You alive?"
"Nope."
"Good."

And another shiny thing:

Long live the RRR!

Hickory

"Have we become so fearful, have we become so cowardly, that we must extinguish a man because he carries the blood of a current enemy? Admiral, let us not condemn Simon Tarses or anyone else for their bloodlines, or investigate anyone for their innocent associations... There are some words I've known since I was a schoolboy. With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably. Those words were uttered by Judge Aaron Satie, as wisdom and warning. The first time anyone's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged."

-Captain Picard, The Drumhead
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

shisteer of nothing much

"But your Majesty, they only want to look upon your face."
"Zounds! Why don't I pull my breeches down and they can look upon my backside?"

And another shiny thing:

Long live the RRR!

Thanquol

"I'm death... plain and simple."

-Dr. Decker

shisteer of nothing much

"Mum! Marley won't die and I shot her!"

-My friend's little brother. (The were having an air Nerf war. Marley isn't her real name)

And another shiny thing:

Long live the RRR!

Thanquol

"We are all biased, are we not? We each care more about our individual communities than other people. We haven't changed, and I'll tell you something else . . . We won't change. Not unless we are of one people. One. One. One. One race. One. One. One. The Unity will allow us to move beyond these petty concerns and deal with the major problems at hand. You want to be a part of that, don't you? Part. Don't."

-The Master