News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Rainshadow's Art

Started by Rainshadow, March 24, 2013, 03:09:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Skarzs

Artist's block is something I suffer from at the moment. . .

Nice art, Rain. I like the expression on Orclas's face especially, and the random badger is pretty cool. (Though I must give a moment to rage on the unrealistic size of how war hammers are depicted. . .)
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Rainshadow

*Grumbles something about not knowing what a warhammer looks like and how I had to make it up on the spot because the pose the badger was in would've looked weird with any other weapon (okay, maybe a greatsword or battleaxe, but I wasn't thinking about that at the time)*

Lol, thanks, Skarzsy-chan.  :)
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

The Skarzs

Well, in general war hammers are much larger than wieldable. :P They mostly weighed from 3-6 pounds, rather than the 10-30 that is depicted often.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Lady Ashenwyte

Are you still free for a request?
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Rainshadow

Quote from: The Skarzs on January 31, 2015, 05:36:33 AM
Well, in general war hammers are much larger than wieldable. :P They mostly weighed from 3-6 pounds, rather than the 10-30 that is depicted often.

...I still like super large sledgehammer-like war hammers.  :P

Quote from: Lord_Ashenwyte on January 31, 2015, 06:02:16 AM
Are you still free for a request?

Shoi!  I've only got one request left, so I'm willing to take in some more.  :)
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Lady Ashenwyte

Could you do a badger for me?

Species: Badger.

Appearance: He wears a long, black cloak, and studded leather armour with the Brock family crest on it. He has a scar on one eye, and wears a coif with a crown attached to it. He has a scar on one eye.

Weapons: A one handed/ two-handed sword , and a pike.

I would like the badger's cloak and armour to be black and the Brock family crest in the center of it as white.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Rainshadow

I can do that.  Two questions for ya, though:  Does this badger have a name?  And what does the Brock family crest look like?

Lady Ashenwyte

It's Brocksword I, and the Brock family crest is a Tree in a shield. (I've forgotten)

Rainshadow

Okee-dokey!  Methinks I'll be able to whip you up sumthin' within a week or two.  :)  (You've forgotten?  Forgotten what?)

Lady Ashenwyte

The  actual crest. I've forgotten it.

Rainshadow

Oh, alright.  Well, a tree in a shield's good enough for me.  If you remember what it is before I draw it, though, feel free to speak up.

Lady Ashenwyte

Jetthebinturong

Very nice, all of them are great though Darvat was supposed to be wearing a plain grey short-sleeved t-shirt (mostly to differentiate him from Karkat)
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Rainshadow

Oh dear... um, well, I may be able to fix the shirt partially if the Cancer sign isn't too dark.  I'll see about doing that soon.  Unfortunately, I fear that the long sleeves are final.  I could try to erase and fix them, but the end result would probably look sloppy.  :-\  But hey, at least I can fix the whole "plain" part!  :P

Thanks, though!  Glad to see you guys like what comes of combining my boredom with paper and pencils.  :P

Rainshadow

Unfortunately, Jet-kun, seems as though the Cancer sign is final.  I was silly and drew it extra dark so it'd stand out against the grey of the shirt, so... yeah.  It won't come out.  :-\  Sorry!

Oh, hey, look who finished her requests and decided to goof off with a bunch of Dragon Age and FMA drawings!

Jet-kun
  Not sure that I'm totally fond with how this came out.  I mean, I like how Arikka turned out, but Agatha looks a bit... weird.  And yes, they're supposed to be sitting on a ledge or on the curb or something.  I'll leave that up to your imagination, 'cause I really have no clue, lol.  :P

[close]
Ash-kun
  I know you said that the crest was in the centre of his armour, but I forgot about that till I'd almost finished drawing the armour and went, "Um, well, he's getting two..."  Sorry about that.  :P

[close]
Dragon Age misc.
  I decided to draw the two mages I like (Vivienne's really annoying and she and I have totally different views on the Circle of Magi, so if I do draw her, it won't be for awhile).

I like how Dorian turned out much more than Solas.  Solas looks too... young, I suppose?  Iunno, he just looks a bit too cartoony.  Weird.
[close]
FMA misc.
  I drew the two little nerds 'cause I wanted to try my hand at armour and automail, and lemme tell ya, they're both hard to draw.

I don't like how the face and helmet turned out on this one, but I'm pleased with how the rest of Al turned out, so I kept it.

And then the little nerd in his little body because Al looked really cute in Conqueror of Shamballa.

[close]
Misc.
  I did a little sketch dump thingy last week in between choir and band, and then did a bit more at my aunt's house, so... yeah.  (Also, ignore the little "by Avery" thing down at the bottom left hand of the page.  My little cousin asked me to draw a girl with curly hair tied in a braid, then she named the girl (Lucy), so she thought that she could write "by Avery" on it.  Silly little cousin.  ::)  She's also the reason everything's titled (she wanted to know who everyone in my drawing was).)

(If you wanna see the entire picture in more detail...)

I've been meaning to draw my OC, Leslie, for awhile, and finally got around to doing it.  Yes, she's in the middle of the desert.  Yes, she's wearing pajamas.  Yes, she's holding a glass scythe.  It's a long story.

Then I drew Rocky because I haven't officially done so yet (I've drawn about a billion doodles of him on random pieces of paper, though), and I thought you guys would like to catch a glimpse of my grumpy butler.

And then a really sloppy one I finished really late last night and was too lazy to try and fix because it was sooooooo messy.  (Yes, I'm handcuffed to Rainy.  Wouldn't want him to wander off.  ;))

[close]

Yeah... stuff.  Lotsa stuff.  I had a bunch of time last week and this week.  :P