The Legend Of Luke - General Book Discussion

Started by Ungatt Trunn, August 21, 2013, 06:58:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Shade

The legend of Luke was the first book I read. One of the most interesting.
They told me I was gullible. I believed them.

It is well known that 47% of statistics are made up on the spot.

I used to leave out half my sentances, but now I

Tam and Martin

Quote from: The Shade on August 22, 2013, 06:49:27 PM
Quote from: Faiyloe on August 22, 2013, 12:46:56 AM
I think what I was trying to say was that Martins story took up most of the book and with out a villein I lost interest before I could get to the good stuff. I really wish he had made Luke's story longer.

Same, I really liked Lukes adventure, and wished it was longer... :P
Luke's adventure was really the only part I liked of the book. Book one and two - Not so much.

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

The Shade

They told me I was gullible. I believed them.

It is well known that 47% of statistics are made up on the spot.

I used to leave out half my sentances, but now I

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Ah'll ztop ze cycle right na' an' zay nay, ah liked ze firzt an' zird partz juzt az much az ze zecond. Ah juzt loved ze effect zat Chugger 'ad on Folgrim!
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Captain Tammo

The Legend of Luke is my favorite book, tied with the Long Patrol. I think including the journey to the North coast made book II much more special because we (and I say we because I felt like I was on the journey too XD ) just went through that whole trip and all of its troubles and now we get to see what we've been waiting for! In other words, I think the first book was the suspense-builder or opening act.

I think Luke was one of the greatest characters in the series. I mean he's Martin the Warrior's dad. I don't know why, but I think that's just awesome. Luke said some pretty awesome stuff (look at my signature), was a very good leader, and was wonderfully developed. He wasn't overpowered, but humble; his only advantage was his leadership. We never really see him fight with a weapon the whole time, but its just so clear that he was a very skilled warrior.

"Dead Ahead! Dead ahead! Dead aheeeeaaaaadddd!"
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Vilu Daskar

Quote from: Russano the Wise on August 22, 2013, 06:56:51 PM
Right now The Legend of Luke is one of my favorite Redwall books. When I first read it a long time ago I didn't think much about it. It was a good book but not one of my favorites. But when I re-read it a month or two ago I really loved it. Luke had some great quotes and the book also contained one of my favorite Redwall quotes ever. You can see it in my signature.
Its one of my favorite books to
Never trust a smiling pirate.  :D

I can do that because I'm awesome.

"It really gets up my nose when publishers call my book another Lord of the Rings. It's my bloody book! I wrote it. And another thing, I didn't have to plunder Norse and European mythology to do it!" - Brian Jacques.

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: HeadInAnotherGalaxy on August 23, 2013, 01:09:46 AM
Ah'll ztop ze cycle right na' an' zay nay, ah liked ze firzt an' zird partz juzt az much az ze zecond. Ah juzt loved ze effect zat Chugger 'ad on Folgrim!
I thought at times that the whole Chugger and Folgrim thing sometimes got distracting from the main story flow, but I found some of there antics funny and sometimes heartwarming. :)

Life is too short to rush through it.

Romsca

Quote from: The Shade on August 22, 2013, 07:15:13 PM
No way! It was the first Redwall book I read too!

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: Romsca on November 08, 2013, 09:42:04 PM
Quote from: The Shade on August 22, 2013, 07:15:13 PM
No way! It was the first Redwall book I read too!
Heh, it was like the twelve Redwall book that I read :P But I still think that its one of my favourite Redwall books.

Banya Streamdog

I like the book Legend of Luke a lot! One of the reasons is that I have always wanted to know Luke's history. Martin's adventures were great too. I also like that otter that eats rats, but I can't remember his name.
EEEE AYE EEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: Banya Streamdog on November 10, 2013, 11:08:28 PM
I like the book Legend of Luke a lot! One of the reasons is that I have always wanted to know Luke's history. Martin's adventures were great too. I also like that otter that eats rats, but I can't remember his name.
That otter was...freaky...

Tam and Martin

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn on November 10, 2013, 11:09:24 PM
True but he was also cool and nice at the same time is. Anyone remember what his name was?

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

Russano the Wise

Quote from: Tam and Martin on November 10, 2013, 11:59:00 PM
True but he was also cool and nice at the same time is. Anyone remember what his name was?

The otter's name was Folgrim.
"But if you really love your friends, they're never really gone. Somewhere they're watching over you and they're always there inside your heart." -Martin the Warrior

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: Russano the Wise on November 11, 2013, 01:51:43 AM
Quote from: Tam and Martin on November 10, 2013, 11:59:00 PM

The otter's name was Folgrim.

Russano the Wise

No problem.

Folgrim certainly was an interesting character and he really added to the book. I enjoyed reading about his friendship with Chugger and how that friendship eventually changed him for the better.     
"But if you really love your friends, they're never really gone. Somewhere they're watching over you and they're always there inside your heart." -Martin the Warrior