Autumn Harvest RP Thread Part Two.

Started by Cornflower MM, March 02, 2014, 05:16:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lenda

In the week she'd been lost, she had always at least had the somewhat familiar shadow of trees and foliage to lend some illusion of reassurance to her aimless, disoriented wandering. So when she'd suddenly found herself face to face with a stretch of stone late in the night, she only barely had time to think to pull up and manage a clumsy landing instead of plowing headfirst into the wall. Now, in the blinding day of light, Dropear woke up to find herself still clinging tight to the cracks in the sandstone structure. Tucking her head down to shield her beady eyes from the sun's rays, she shifted her position slightly, wondering if she should stay put until nightfall or if perhaps it would be safe for her to try and explore further up the wall in hopes of finding a proper, darker shelter.
Our spirit flies with you. May you find what you quest for, what you quest for.

Cornflower MM

OOC: No, I did not. Ay yi yi!

BIC: Enthal thought for a moment, then her ears perked up. "What if we tree hop?" She asked, forgetting for a moment that Ambrosine was a mouse.

Jukka the Sling

"Uh, I don't know about that. I've never even climbed a tree before," Ambrosine responded, embarrassed.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Cornflower MM

"Oh! I'm sorry; I forget you're a mouse." Enthal apologizing, turning red herself. Then she said slowly, "Well,we could tree hop anyway....It would take a while, but it would still take less time than going around the edge of the horde." She looked at Ambrosine steadly, trustingly, "I'd help you; You know that. Would do you say? I wouldn't let you fall."

Lenda

As the sunlight grew stronger, Dropear reluctantly decided it would be best to move up and try to find some shelter. A period of tentative grappling and feeling finally led the bat to a gap in the Abbey way, into which she poked her head, blinking uselessly as her eyes tried to adjust to the dinner light of what she didn't realize to be the Abbey's infirmary room.
Our spirit flies with you. May you find what you quest for, what you quest for.

rachel25

OOC: I really need to keep up, or I'm just gonna have to leave this RP.
So what's been going on?

Cornflower MM

OOC: Nothing much.......Nothing important. Care to play as Sie?

Iamthatis

"Shadowclaw then walked out of the Kitchen. Hmmmmm he said to himself I wounder how everyone is doing with their work."
IAMTHATIS MY SWORD SHALL WEILD FOR ME
RIP BRIAN JACQUES

Gnoflet

Quote from: Cornflower MM on April 06, 2014, 09:24:02 PM
Greena allowed herself a quick moment of gloating success. Then she saw Aldof, and immediatelt snapped back into professional mode. But she promised herself a little one-vixen party later, with some grog. "Cap'n! There was three beasts up there, but two got away. Sir!" She reported, hoping he wouldn't be too terribly mad.
"What?!?" Aldof yelled. "Get a searching party and go after them! NOW!"
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Quote from: BlueRose on April 05, 2014, 04:05:49 PM
Aoi had been heading back to the kitchen, and she heard Remen and Abbess Lavender's conversation. "Sorry, I wouldn't suggest taking the dibbuns, not with the vermin on their way. In fact, if you want strawberries, only send those beasts who are proficient with weapons outside the walls."
"I can fight," Remen said. "I was taught by....... someone. My father I think. He taught me to use a sword and a sling."
Shut him up or shut him down.
Normal is just a setting on your dryer.

rachel25

Quote from: Cornflower MM on April 09, 2014, 06:55:54 PM
OOC: Nothing much.......Nothing important. Care to play as Sie?
OOC: Aye, aye Cap'n!

BIC: Sie was helping the villagers of Swallow Valley collect wood, and branches. They were making a huge bonfire, they was to be a village feast, Sie was rather excited. He'd never done anything like this before, his beloved club lay in the grass next to Harin's cottage. He had no use for it. 

Jukka the Sling

Quote from: Cornflower MM on April 08, 2014, 11:44:10 PM
"Oh! I'm sorry; I forget you're a mouse." Enthal apologizing, turning red herself. Then she said slowly, "Well,we could tree hop anyway....It would take a while, but it would still take less time than going around the edge of the horde." She looked at Ambrosine steadly, trustingly, "I'd help you; You know that. Would do you say? I wouldn't let you fall."
"Um, alright," Ambrosine replied, wanting to be agreeable, and also wanting desperately to just find Sie and get home as quickly as possible. She knew she wasn't cut out for this kind of life, wandering around Mossflower. No, her place was at the Abbey, helping with the Dibbuns. What she wouldn't give to be doing that right now.

Ambrosine snapped out of her reverie and headed over to a tree with several low branches. She turned to Enthal. "Uh, so, should we start here?"
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

BlueRose

Quote from: Gnoflet on April 09, 2014, 11:08:34 PM
Quote from: BlueRose on April 05, 2014, 04:05:49 PM
Aoi had been heading back to the kitchen, and she heard Remen and Abbess Lavender's conversation. "Sorry, I wouldn't suggest taking the dibbuns, not with the vermin on their way. In fact, if you want strawberries, only send those beasts who are proficient with weapons outside the walls."
"I can fight," Remen said. "I was taught by....... someone. My father I think. He taught me to use a sword and a sling."

"Good for you. If you want strawberries, grab a weapon and go! I suggest getting them as fast as possible, and trying not to attract too much attention."
Was anyone else on the old DAB forum, circa 2009? I was recently reminded of it, lol.

Bitterly jittery, and not very glittery.

Cornflower MM

Abbess Lavender nodded her approval, then turned to Aoi, "Aoi, I think that you should be at the head of the party. Goodness knows they could use someone like you in the strawberry picking party. Although I've no idea why Remen wants to go into the woods to get the berries;' We have a patch that's producing quite well in the Abbey walls." She confided, flashing a quick grin at the young squirrelmaid.
----------------------------------------
Greena jumped, then threw a salute. "Aye aye, sir!" Then she took off. "You, you you, and you - Come with me." She snapped at a few vermin, then set off into the woods.
----------------------------------------
Enthal shook her head, "No, that tree. Most other woodlanders don't know that long leaf pine's branches are NOT very used to bearing much weight, and only the thinnest, smallest squirrels will go into them. Here, try this one." She said, then walked over to a tree a few paces away, and put her paw on it.

Jukka the Sling

"Okay." Ambrosine headed over to the tree the squirrelmaid had indicated. Grabbing hold of a branch, she hoisted herself onto it. Then, grasping another branch, she climbed a bit higher. She was doing better than she'd expected.

Cornflower MM

Enthal followed the Abbey Sister. "Alright, stop here, and watch what I do." Enthal instructed, then climbed up onto the branch above Ambrosine's. It was perfect for what she had in mind: Thick, but springy. She stood up near the trunk, ran, and flung herself into space, and then grabbed a branch from the tree next to it. She came back, and asked, "Think you can do that, with a little help?"