News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

aliens and abductions

Started by blindsimeonjtp, September 21, 2014, 01:44:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blindsimeonjtp

who has seen a ufo or been abducted or do you think its all a hoax.

Izeroth

I think it's certainly possible that there is life elsewhere in the galaxy, but I don't think it's the classic aliens with ufos and whatnot. We will never really know for sure if aliens exist until someone actually finds one.

Delthion

Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

The Skarzs

It's possible. However, it's more likely that, if there are aliens, that humans come across them in space than they find us on earth.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Rusvul

I think it is overwhelmingly likely that life exists on planets other than ours. However, we may not recognize it as life, and it is quite likely to be distant, few, and far between. Given the speed it takes for even light to travel from one star to another, and given the likelyhood of intelligent life evolving on a planet... Also take into account that as far as we know, it is physically impossible to move at the speed of light, let alone survive it, also the number of potentially interestif planets of which we are only one, and the likelyhood of any alien life or technology being recognizeable to us as either... I think it is astronomically unlikely that any alien life has visited Earth. I can say eig as much confidence as I have about anything (99%) that anyone who says anything about having been abducted by aliens is either lying or hallucinating. No doubt there are MANY UFO's, however they are all Unidentified Flying Objects of human design- Really, UFO is a vague term, all it means is that there is something and it's flying and you don't know what it is.

The Skarzs

I'm really curious about that space debris floating in the far southern hemisphere of the earth, however. (I don't think it's alien, just some human satellite test that wasn't told to the public, perhaps trying to make a satellite orbit north-south around the earth rather than west-east.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Izeroth

My personal opinions about the abductions is that they are ridiculous. If aliens had superior tech, why would they hide from us when they could conquer us? Do scientists hide from gorillas and make sure they never catch a glimpse of us?

The Skarzs

Abductions are rather ridiculous.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

CaptainRocktree

Not all those who wander are lost.
J.R.R Tolkien

Rusvul

Quote from: Izeroth on September 21, 2014, 05:09:24 AM
My personal opinions about the abductions is that they are ridiculous. If aliens had superior tech, why would they hide from us when they could conquer us? Do scientists hide from gorillas and make sure they never catch a glimpse of us?
Well, if extraterrestrials had superior technology, they may want to find out more about us before attacking, they may want to study us in a purely scientific way and never show themselves, they may be part of a Federation with a Prime Directive to not interfere with pre-warp civilizations for all we know.

The Skarzs

Let's say that, if we were so inferior, why would they want to attack us in the first place? Wouldn't we be of such little interest to them then?
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

MeadowR

Don't believe the abductions thing. Neither about space ships and all that. Life out there? Sure, of a certain kind. Just not Hollywood-ised abductions, UFOs et al.
~*Meadow*~

Season Namer 2014

The Mask

Well it's basically certain there's life out there, considering the sheer number of planets out there that are habitable. Buuuut I highly people are abducted by them. It's the Illuminati :P
I am a squirrel, an otter, a mouse, a fox, a stoat, a ferret, a weasel, a wildcat, a hare, a hedgehog, a badger; I am the master of disguises, The Mask.

" I will burn the heart out of you." Moriarty, Sherlock

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jetthebinturong

No the Illuminati isn't real but at one point in time it was
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan