News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Wildcat Attack!

Started by Cornflower MM, January 16, 2014, 06:30:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Skarzs

"And would you happen to know this shortcut?" Aggril asked hopefully.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Argunath stepped back for Rosemary to release her sling.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Feshr kept pushing the horde cats forward, zealously making their way toward Redwall.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jukka the Sling

"Um, I haven't actually," she responded. "Unless you count a skirmish me an' the ottercrew had last season with a small group of vermin. It was over within minutes, an' I barely did anything." She sighed. "I just hope I'll do alright when the wildcats finally attack."

The ottermaid then turned and nocked another arrow to her bowstring. She fired and the arrow slammed into the tree trunk, a quarter inch off the knothole. Off the center again! she thought as she went to retrieve it.

When Kaylan came back, she had another question for her friend. "Um, what do you think of the other cats that arrived? You think they're a threat, or not?"
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Cornflower MM

Rosemary swung, let go, and her stone hit the target dead center. "Look! I did it!" She squealed. "Thanks, Argunath!"
------------------------------------------
Arya was about to reply, when she suddenly gave a moan, and her eyes rolled up into her head, and she fell hard, and started twitching.

Jukka the Sling

"Arya! What's wrong?!" Kaylan shrieked in alarm, throwing her bow down and dashing to her friend's side. She looked around frantically for somebeast to help, but there was no one in sight.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Cornflower MM

Bryony sighed. "My meory's a little rusty." She said.
----------------------------------
Arya didn't reply, still twitching as her mouth started foaming a little.

Jukka the Sling

Kaylan was panicking. "Okay, okay... just a minute, I'll be right back!" she yelled, running off to find someone. A moment later she saw Abbess Rosemary practicing with Argunath helping, and she ran over to Rosemary. "Abbess! Please hurry! Arya's having some sort of fit, lying on the ground twitching, and - and, please, just come! I have no idea what's wrong!" So saying, she turned and ran back to where she'd left Arya by the Gatehouse.

Cornflower MM

"Oh, no! Not again!" The abbess gasped, and ran after the otter.

Jukka the Sling

Kaylan barely heard her. She knelt down by her friend, unsure of what to do and extremely worried.

Cornflower MM

Rosemary knelt beside Kaylan, and wiped away the accumulated foam. Rosemary hadn't seen a bad fit like this in a long time. The Abbess stuck her paw inside the squirrel's tunic, and swore under her breath. The old wound was hot, very hot.....And slightly moist. "Kaylan, go get me some lavender, rosemary, tea tree, and peppermint. Go, girl!" She commanded.

Jukka the Sling

As soon as the Abbess finished her sentence, Kaylan was off, running toward the Abbey. She sprinted through Great Hall and upstairs to the Infirmary. Bursting in without any warning, she told the Infirmary keeper: "The Abbess needs lavender, tea tree, rosemary and peppermint! Hurry, please! Arya's very ill!"

The Infirmary keeper quickly got her the things she needed and the ottermaid ran back outside as fast as she could. She was breathing heavily by the time she reached Arya and the Abbess. Handing Rosemary the herbs, Kaylan sank to her knees and asked, "Is... is she going... to be... alright?"

Cornflower MM

"Aye, she'll be fine....Hopefully." The Abbess responded, snatching the herbs and tearing them, then chewed them. she spat them out and applied them to the old wound. The mouse started to slap her paws and cheeks, and shaking here shoulders. "Kaylan, help me try to revive her before her torso really starts bleeding." She commanded.

Jukka the Sling

Kaylan wondered briefly why on earth Arya would be bleeding when, as far as she knew, the squirrelmaid hadn't been injured. But the thought was fleeting and she simply grabbed Arya's arm and shook it hard, unable to think of any other way to try to revive her. "ARYA!"

Cornflower MM

The squirrelmaid gasped, her eye flicking open. Her other arm flew over, about to sock Kaylan in the nose when she registered what happened and stopped herself. Breathing heavily, she said, "I'm alright now, Kaylan, Abbess. You can let go now."

Jukka the Sling

"Oh, Arya! You're alright! I was so worried!" Kaylan exclaimed, letting go of her friend's arm. The ottermaid was close to tears, which was unusual for her. "One minute you're just fine and the next you're on the ground twitching and-and... what happened?!"

Cornflower MM

The Abbess shared a look with Arya, and Arya asked, "What did you tell her?"
"Nothing. I wasn't sure if you'd want me to." Arya nodded, and stood up. "I don't know what it's about, Kaylan, but I think my 'episodes' have something to do with this." As she was speaking, she had undone her belt. Then she drew her tunic over her head. There was horrible scarring, that had a little bit of blood on it now, all over her front.