News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Wildcat Attack!

Started by Cornflower MM, January 16, 2014, 06:30:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cornflower MM

OOC: Play him when you're on, PLEASE!!!! I don't know this charrie, and he's not mine, and I have no clue how you would play him!!! Just play him when you're on, and I'll manage....Hopefully....

The Skarzs

"My rage becomes me; just pray that it never happens again, for you have seen what I am capable of."
Argunath would say no more of it, only looking at what Dave was doing. "What is that?"
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jetthebinturong

Dave tore a page out from underneath the one he was drawing on

It's you
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

The Skarzs

Argunath was surprised. "Why would you draw me?"
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jetthebinturong

Dave bit his lip, trying to decide how to word his response

I've only ever had two friends and one of them betrayed me, to be fair to him he had a pretty good reason but it still happened, so anyway I like drawing but my drawings don't have any personality to them unless I actually know the people I'm drawing, therefore I've only ever really had two people to draw and one of them's dead and the other's dead to me. After the death of everyone who's ever been close to you, you start to lose the will to live and the only reason I was still living when Bryony found me yesterday was because I couldn't find a way to kill myself that didn't involve me doing something that required me to be actively involved in my death he gave a sort of sad smile I'm a coward to the last. And then yesterday, when I met Bryony it just felt so easy, she didn't hate me or ignore me, okay I may have sworn at her and she may have thrown a rock at me but it felt like I'd met someone I could invest myself in and then when I came to the abbey you and Rosemary and Bryant all welcomed me too and Bryant was pretty friendly as was Rosemary and then that night and this morning, you helped me, you shared your secrets with me and you reacted neutrally when I shared mine and I felt I had befriended you. That's four friends, more than I've ever had, I had reason to draw again and more importantly, reason to live again

OOC: Have some more insight to how Dave's mind works

Jukka the Sling

"I know your rage isn't really your fault..." Kaylan said, unsure of what to say at Argunath's last statement. He didn't seem to have heard her. "See you later." And she headed up to Great Hall, and back outside into the sunlight.

She soon saw Arya over by the gatehouse and ran over to the squirrelmaid. "I think things are smoothed over between me and him now," she told her, feeling better about everything. She always felt awkward, admitting she was wrong and apologizing to others, but she knew she really had been in the wrong in this case, and was truly sorry.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

The Skarzs

"I see," Argunath said slowly, understanding what Dave had said. (He had considered killing himself at one time, and he actually had tried. He stabbed himself with a dagger, but the pain made him go berserk; ironically, it saved him.)
I know your rage isn't really your fault. . .
These words dug into the cougar's heart. He was the one who had not saved Elmeath; her death caused him to gain the Bloodwrath. Ultimately, in his mind, it was his fault. A small part of his mind told him it wasn't, that he was too hard on himself, and he should heed what the Abbess had told him, but he pushed all such thoughts away.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The cat captain made sure the other cats were obeying their masters' orders, and he was restless to get to the abbey.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Cornflower MM

OOC: Interesting...

BIC: Rosemary had wandered away, leaving the others behind as she decided to go take a nap. Bryant, meanwhile, hand quickly read the words, upside down, and was shocked. "I don't mean to interrupt, but my sister threw a rock at you? Huh. Looks like we gained a new member of the family....If you'd like...." He said, rather cautiously.
-----------------------------------------------
Arya neatly turned, and brought Martin's Sword within an inch of the ottermaid's whickers, then did a fancy twirl and stuck it in the ground. "Good." She said, pleased. Argunath seemed like a nice cat; It would be a shame if they let prejudices get in the way.

The Skarzs

"Abbess, do you still wish to practice?" Argunath asked.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
OOC: Can I PP the horde into marching, or are you doing that?
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Cornflower MM

OOC: Hold on just a sec, please.

BIC: Grain and Grinda were marching at the back of the horde, Grain still in a dangerously bad mood.
OOC: Okay, go on ahead.

BIC: "Sure!" Rosemary replied, heading for the door.

The Skarzs

OOC: 'Kay.

BIC: "Alright! We move straight east until we reach the abbey called Redwall! We go hard and we don't stop! The ladies Grain and Grina command it!" Feshr roared out. The horde moved faster.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Argunath opened the door for Rosemary.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Cornflower MM

"Thank you, Argunath." Rosemary said, then walked out the door, going into the sunlight.

Jukka the Sling

"Whoa! Watch where you swing that thing!" Kaylan said jokingly, stepping back a little. "Hmm... if you don't need any help, I might do a bit of practicing too. I mean, I'm pretty good with my bow, but I need to get better with it."

She didn't wait for Arya's response, but simply unshouldered her bow and pulled a few arrows from her quiver. The ottermaid looked around for a suitable target, and spotted a knothole on the trunk of a small tree near the wall. She nocked an arrow to her bowstring, sighted, pulled back, and let fly. The arrow whizzed through the air, burying itself in the tree on the edge of the knothole. Kaylan walked over to inspect it, and heaved a sigh.

"Oh, come on. I meant to get it dead center. I can do better'n that!"

So she grabbed the arrow, hurried back to her former position, and shot another arrow. This time her aim was better, and the arrow actually buried itself in the knothole. She grinned and ran over to retrieve it.

As she walked back to where Arya was, she decided to ask her about what she knew of the wildcat horde. Frankly, she was nervous about a battle, but tried not to show it. "Um, Arya, do you know, roughly, how many creatures are in the horde?"
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Cornflower MM

Arya had pulled her sword from the dirt, and was practicing a swing when Kalan walked over.  Being as skillful as she was, she swung down, so that it barely missed the otter's toes. "Oops." She panted. "Well, from what I heard, there's, oh, about......1000. Give or take." The squirrelmaid said, acting like it was a mere one hundred.

Jetthebinturong

Dave chuckled at Bryant's words You know your sister said almost the same thing. Sure I'd like it but it still doesn''t make much sense to me