News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Least Favourite Hero

Started by Tiria Wildlough, November 08, 2011, 03:35:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redwallfan7

Quote from: Skipper on October 17, 2012, 03:21:56 PM
Triss wasn't that intresting.
Agreed. Neither was Martha from Loamhedge.
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Leatho Shellhound

Quote from: Redwallfan7 on October 18, 2012, 09:00:11 PM
Quote from: Skipper on October 17, 2012, 03:21:56 PM
Triss wasn't that intresting.
Agreed. Neither was Martha from Loamhedge.

What I thought Martha was a great character.
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Tiria Wildlough

Martha was a Sue. She was always good and perfect and she didn't even talk like a hare!
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Redwallfan7

Quote from: Tiria Wildlough on October 19, 2012, 12:20:26 AM
Martha was a Sue. She was always good and perfect and she didn't even talk like a hare!
I agree. I like characters who are Mischevious.
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Leatho Shellhound

Well if you put it that way.....she isn't the best character. 
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Vilu Daskar

Never trust a smiling pirate.  :D

I can do that because I'm awesome.

"It really gets up my nose when publishers call my book another Lord of the Rings. It's my bloody book! I wrote it. And another thing, I didn't have to plunder Norse and European mythology to do it!" - Brian Jacques.

Orinoco

I liked Martha, but I agree that she was a total Sue. I roll my eyes whenever I read the description of her in the book.
"My turtleneck is irresistible."   - Adam Young

Tiria Wildlough

What's the description? I forgot.
I'm not a hipster.

Orinoco

Quote from: Tiria Wildlough on October 22, 2012, 09:53:15 PM
What's the description? I forgot.

"Martha Braebuck grew up an extremely bright young creature with a thirst for knowledge. She was a formidable reader and scholar, the equal even of the venerated mouse, Sister Portula, Redwall's Abbey Recorder. Martha could solve riddles and equations, write poems, ballads and even sing. According to popular opinion, she had the sweetest singing voice ever heard within the Abbey walls. She never complained about being chairbound, and was invariably cheerful and willing to help others. The maid was a welcome and useful member of the Redwall Abbey community."   ~ Loamhedge, page 17
"My turtleneck is irresistible."   - Adam Young

Tiria Wildlough

I'm not a hipster.

Redwallfan7

Skipper

Samkim, I just don't like how he had no trouble killing vermin when hare's from the long patrol would be shocked, but apart from that he was okay.

UNKN0WN

Lord Gorath

Just saying, there are 2,036 specific Redwall characters.

Capn Greypatch

Hmm...maybe the High Rhulain...to be honest, High Rhulain was one of my least favourite Redwall books...it was still great, but not as good as, say, Mariel of Redwall.

I also agree with folks who said Martha - she was kind of a boring character, and as people ahve been saying, a Sue.
"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing". - George Bernard Shaw