News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

The Signature Above Me

Started by Nightfire, September 13, 2011, 10:18:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Booklover

What is the blockchain, and why are you master of it?
Error. Error. Cannot compute.

Sebias of Redwall

Why shouldn't I trust a duck?
"I can only speak two languages. English and rubbish." ~Brian Jacques

"No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly."

"Evil labours with vast power and perpetual success - in vain: preparing always only the soil for unexpected good to sprout in."

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

Booklover

Because they're bloodthirsty little beasts. I mean, you can trust Primrose Everdeen, but will you live for long if you trusted a real, cannibal, bloodthirsty duck that's trying to take over the world?

Jetthebinturong

I wonder where the idea of seven being powerfully magical came from. In Christianity, seven is the most holy number (hence why six is unholy), but did they co-opt that from pagans, or did pagans co-opt it from them? Or did the idea arise organically within different cultures?

I'm sure the answers are only a google away - or at least theories are.

Quote from: Booklover on November 11, 2019, 07:51:00 PM
What is the blockchain, and why are you master of it?

I actually don't know why Mallek is master of the blockchain, those are just the three bullet points that were on his introductory character card. We haven't learnt anything about his dabbles with cryptocurrency yet. Although he does shout at someone about it over the phone.
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

shisteer of nothing much

I have a shiny thing! See?

And another shiny thing:

And also some random, unnecessary coding.[/li][/list]

Long live the RRR!

Booklover

So if we combined mine and yours, with the RA one and the TSC one, what would happen if there were three ducks? Since you (or at least, Celticans) trust groups of three, but I (or at the very least Will Herondale) say you should never trust a duck. So what happens if there are three ducks? Are they trustworthy or not?

shisteer of nothing much

You mentioned somewhere that ducks are cannibalistic. There wouldn't be three of them together because they'd eat each other.

And another shiny thing:

Long live the RRR!

Booklover

Good point. That means that the only ducks you ever see will be deceitful (as well as bloodthirsty, cannibalistic and evil).

shisteer of nothing much

Yep.

Stories of imagination can also upset those that have an imagination they don't use.

And another shiny thing:

Long live the RRR!

Booklover

'To eat, or not to eat? That is the question'.
And the answer is.... (drumroll)

Spoiler
42!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[close]

shisteer of nothing much

Sisters can also be bloodthirsty little beasts, when they so choose.

And another shiny thing:

Long live the RRR!

Booklover

True. So can brothers. However, to them, you are a sister, and to my brothers, I'm a sister.

shisteer of nothing much

*chuckles* So you're saying I am also a bloodthirsty little beast? I might be offended, if it wasn't so true.

And another shiny thing:

Long live the RRR!

Jetthebinturong

You and Sarah have differing philosophies on three people:
Spoiler
[close]

Quote from: shisteer of nothing much on November 12, 2019, 09:53:25 AM
Is he good or evil?
He is... fighting to overthrow a corrupt fascistic dictator? But he's doing that so he doesn't get shipped off to go and fight in the space war, which every member of his species is a conscript of, rather than for justice reasons. But he has empathy for the plights of the underprivileged, despite his selfish motivations, he just says he only has energy to worry about himself. But he also employs people of lower blood classes, and offers to give one a place to stay after his house is bombed (to be clear about how that's a big deal, basically anyone who is under jadeblood doesn't matter at all, and killing them is allowed and encouraged (providing you're of a higher social class than them) and homeless people are among those that should be "culled" which essentially means government-sanctioned, government-executed murder, so Mallek is basically breaking the law by offering to take him in.) I'm gonna go with "good, with mildly unscrupulous leanings."
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

shisteer of nothing much

I... have no idea about the Sarah part.

Good, with mildly unscrupulous leanings. I like they way you put that. What book is Mallek from?

And another shiny thing:

Long live the RRR!