News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

why did they cancel redwall tv series

Started by eualaia, November 15, 2011, 10:01:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

who wants it to continue

redwall tv series continue
57 (90.5%)
redwall doesnt continue
6 (9.5%)

Total Members Voted: 59

Bloodwrath

Quote from: WildDoogyPlumm on November 09, 2013, 02:06:43 AM
Quote from: Romsca on November 08, 2013, 09:30:22 PM
Quote from: WildDoogyPlumm on November 05, 2013, 01:06:57 AM
Quote from: JangoCoolguy on November 04, 2013, 11:45:33 PM
Quote from: Ungatt Trunn on November 04, 2013, 10:53:45 PM
Quote from: JangoCoolguy on November 04, 2013, 09:42:37 PM
(And we can just forget about a movie...EVER)
Why forget about a Redwall movie?

Because it's just not happening for many of the reasons I stated. And even if it does happen, it'll probably be water downed and/or flop :(  
I wish they could just make a PG-13 movie or something, then it could be more accurate to the book without overprotective parents freaking out.

(*cough* Skalrag being tortured with feathers *cough*)

IKR? I hate that part in the TV show! I have some friends who... *sigh*... chose not to read the Redwall series because of the TV show. I feel that a Redwall movie or more accurate TV show would've worked earlier on, before Nelvana produced the original show. Unfortunately, there are now too many people who think that Redwall is "cute" or a "kid's book" (for like 3-6 graders and no older). They would be simply shocked at an accurate PG-13 movie, unfortunately
Agreed! Which is one reason I feel slightly embarrassed (and I'm not proud of being embarrassed) when I try to explain the RW series to people. It's a "kid's" book, and since I'm in high school books like that seem to be frowned upon.
Teen books though seem to never be as awesome as good old kids novels.  ;D
Even when I was in jr high reading these books for the first time, I never thought of them as children's books.  Honestly, going back and reading them now as an adult I feel that they are definitely not kids books.  I know that they are, but they just seem to be deeper and more challenging than anything young adult's are reading nowadays. As an English teacher, I wish there were more books written like these.

JangoCoolguy

Quote from: Bloodwrath on November 15, 2013, 08:53:26 PM
Even when I was in jr high reading these books for the first time, I never thought of them as children's books.  Honestly, going back and reading them now as an adult I feel that they are definitely not kids books.  I know that they are, but they just seem to be deeper and more challenging than anything young adult's are reading nowadays.

I know, right?

I don't know why the series is officially categorized as children's literature when the books are the most barbarous and bloody story about animals outside a documentary (and even then most of those aren't as bad). Sure, Redwall was a story Jacques made for blind kids, but it wasn't nearly as bad as its sequels and prequels, which seemed to get worse about it as the series went along.

Each Tale has a body count in the hundreds--sometimes thousands--with characters being stabbed, maimed, impaled, poisoned, beheaded, dismembered, shot, crushed, throat slitted, strangled, drowned, and eaten . (And people complained about the deaths in Harry Potter). Yet they're often considered children's lit because they have talking animals -_-

At the very least, couldn't someone officially upgrade them to "Young Adult" books?

Leatho Shellhound

Well I think they should start by keeping them on the shelves first, it's getting harder and harder to find them in book stores.
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: Leatho Shellhound on November 15, 2013, 11:27:06 PM
Well I think they should start by keeping them on the shelves first, it's getting harder and harder to find them in book stores.
Really? They had a few Redwall books at my local bookstore...

Life is too short to rush through it.

WildDoogyPlumm

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn on November 16, 2013, 12:32:31 AM
One of the first things I did upon going into high school this year was check out the library. Their fiction section is embarrassingly small...AND THERE'S NO REDWALL BOOKS!
"Guid warriors cannae rest 'til those dirty slayers are paid out in steel for their crimes, ye ken?" - Doogy

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: WildDoogyPlumm on November 16, 2013, 02:21:54 AM
Quote from: Ungatt Trunn on November 16, 2013, 12:32:31 AM
One of the first things I did upon going into high school this year was check out the library. Their fiction section is embarrassingly small...AND THERE'S NO REDWALL BOOKS!
Ouch!

The Shade

Well...I'm pretty blessed, as I have nearly all of them, all bought at a local book shop.
They told me I was gullible. I believed them.

It is well known that 47% of statistics are made up on the spot.

I used to leave out half my sentances, but now I

Romsca

Really? At the library at the high school I went to last year, they had all of them. Then again, the librarian said no one ever checked them out. :-\ At my local library, however, the Redwall books are considered young adult books

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: Romsca on November 18, 2013, 02:20:18 AM
Really? At the library at the high school I went to last year, they had all of them. Then again, the librarian said no one ever checked them out. :-\ At my local library, however, the Redwall books are considered young adult books
The Redwall series can be considered youth books and young adult books at the same time. The Redwall books have content to live up to both ratings.

JangoCoolguy

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn on November 18, 2013, 02:22:08 AM
The Redwall series can be considered youth books and young adult books at the same time. The Redwall books have content to live up to both ratings.

Yep. In fact, the library in my town has some of them in the young readers section and the rest in the teen lit section. And I've been in some Barnes & Nobles stores where most of the series in the general fiction area (with only the first book in the kid's)

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: JangoCoolguy on November 18, 2013, 03:34:25 AM
Quote from: Ungatt Trunn on November 18, 2013, 02:22:08 AM

Yep. In fact, the library in my town has some of them in the young readers section and the rest in the teen lit section. And I've been in some Barnes & Nobles stores where most of the series in the general fiction area (with only the first book in the kid's)
Wait, why do they have the Redwall books split through different catagories?

Romsca

Because there are people from both groups who will read the books

MeadowR

Good point about the fact the cartoons also make the series seem very childish!

The books tended to come under 'young adults' over here, I think. Not properly seem them in the bookstores for a while, mind.
~*Meadow*~

Season Namer 2014

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: Romsca on November 18, 2013, 03:26:31 PM
Because there are people from both groups who will read the books
Makes sense...

Jukka the Sling

At my local library, however, the Redwall books are considered young adult books
My library considers them teen books too.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien