News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Rainshadow's Art

Started by Rainshadow, March 24, 2013, 03:09:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rainshadow

Doot-doot-doo-dooooo!  I found some time today (three hours, also known as The Hunger Games plus another half hour or so) to draw, so hey!

Jet-kun
[close]

For how much detail there was and how long it took me to finish, Yaraso was surprisingly fun to draw.  Except for figuring out where the swords went.  Lol, I was like, "Okay, so the shortsword's gonna be on his left side, and the sword's sheath's gonna be on his back."  Then I drew the wings and went, "Wait a second..."  So I had to redraw where the scabbards were.  :P

Also, if you're wondering about the weird angle, I was attempting to draw from a worm's-eye view.  I figured out how to do everything from that angle but the wings, so I call that a partial success!
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Leatho Shellhound

Other than the creepy subject, well done!!!
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Rainshadow

If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Jetthebinturong

Awesome artwork as always
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Rainshadow

Thanks!  Glad you like it.  :)

Jetthebinturong

Would you mind taking some fantroll requests?

Rainshadow

Quote from: Jetthebinturong on November 28, 2014, 08:34:17 PM
Would you mind taking some fantroll requests?

Fantroll?  As in a fan-made troll?  Or fantasy troll?

Jetthebinturong

On a note related to the Dalek, we watched Doctor Who Death in Heaven in science today because we'd just done an exam and the teacher took pity on us, she's an absolute legend and I think she may have created some Whovians

On a note related to this thread, fan-made Homestuck trolls is what I mean. It's a kind of, "what if" kind of thing as in "what if my ships created paradox children with each other through ectobiology" so it could feasibly happen as humans can't breed with trolls and trolls can't have kids. Interestingly I haven't included any human/human or troll/troll pairings on this list which I have only just noticed

Rainshadow

Quote from: Jetthebinturong on November 28, 2014, 11:14:55 PM
On a note related to the Dalek, we watched Doctor Who Death in Heaven in science today because we'd just done an exam and the teacher took pity on us, she's an absolute legend and I think she may have created some Whovians

On a note related to this thread, fan-made Homestuck trolls is what I mean. It's a kind of, "what if" kind of thing as in "what if my ships created paradox children with each other through ectobiology" so it could feasibly happen as humans can't breed with trolls and trolls can't have kids. Interestingly I haven't included any human/human or troll/troll pairings on this list which I have only just noticed

Your teacher's awesome.  ;D

Sure, I can do that.  But if you have a lot, then I may be awhile getting them all.  Unless you want me to do mugshots headshots of all of 'em on the same page, which I've actually been meaning to do for the RP tournament characters...  :P

Tam and Martin

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

Rainshadow

The Skarzs

(Cave trolls are better. . .)
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Rainshadow

Jetthebinturong

I don't mind how long it takes to do them

Spoiler

All of the children are trolls
The first is Darade Vantas-Strider. His horns are longer than Karkat's and shaped like mini katana blades (which annoys his father a lot) and his hair is shaped like Dave's but black. He's very rebellious and often does things that make his parents mad. He cloned Dave's shades because he wanted them and was pretty sure that Dave would never give his up, ever. His weapon would be a katana with a scythe slung over his back (and if you don't mind the extra detail, he would have two sai daggers (if you don't know what those are, think Raphael from the ninja turtles) strapped to his hips). He would be wearing a black long-sleeved t-shirt, the sleeves are red so I guess try and make them look like a different colour. He has a red symbol like Dave's on his shirt but simplified and only the outlines of the shapes. That's probably explained badly. He also wears dark grey jeans and trainers like these http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=59667008.

The next would be his brother Darvat who is relatively easy to draw. He is basically Karkat but he wears a grey t-shirt and black skinny jeans. He would have two plain sickles and a katana slung over his back. He wears black trainers like these http://www.softmoc.com/Items/images/3J235%20BLACK_XXX.jpg.

Then there's Aerrop Egbert-Serket. He basically looks like this https://38.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lzxc74Bnz91qhugqho1_r2_500.gif but without the vision eightfold. He wears a green jacket, a black Scorpio shirt and blue jeans. He wears black trainers like these http://www.softmoc.com/Items/images/3J235%20BLACK_XXX.jpg. His weapons would be his five set of five-sided green dice, the Peridot Quintet and the Hammer of the Winds, a black handled hammer with a sapphire for a head which was made by combining a sapphire chunk, a hammer and his father's Heir of Breath costume which is just cheating.

After that is Orclas Megido-Captor. He does not have an allocated strife specibus because he has inherited his parents' psionics. He did not inherit his father's lisp but did inherit his horns and laser eyes though he wears ordinary sunglasses to cover them up rather than 3D glasses. He has messy black hair which is shorter than Karkat's and less weird than Sollux's. He wears one of these http://i01.i.aliimg.com/photo/v1/132843737/Mens_Round_Neck_Two_Tone_Long_Sleeve.jpg kinds of t-shirts, the main body of it is a black Gemini shirt and the sleeves are yellow. He also wears grey trousers and black trainers like everyone else's.

Then we have Kastis Maryam-Lalonde. He is perhaps the most complicated design out of all of them. His head would look like this http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7fsh5lorL1rpbv94.gif and his outfit would look like this http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4iomzGFdq1r33jnoo14_r1_1280.png (never thought I'd use Hitmanstuck as a point of reference) but the coat and tie would be jade green, there would be no rose, his trousers would be a darker grey and his shoes would be a jade green. His weapons are two wands which are kind of like Lucius Malfoy's except that the head would be a close-mouthed dragon rather than a snake and the entire wand would be jade green. Or if you would prefer to do them in casual poses, a dragon-headed cane made of jade.

Then would be Agatha, his sister. She would have long, straight horns and Rose's hair but black. She would be wearing basically Rose's Squiddleknit Dress but with a purple Virgo symbol in the middle rather than a squiddle. Her weapons are a pair of wands called the Teeth of Jormungand which have black handles shaped like snake's heads and then the white wand part coming out of the snake's mouths.

Next we would be venturing into Kismesis territory with Kiarez Serket-Pyrope. Kiarez wears a long-sleeved black Libra t-shirt and a teal blindfold as well as darker black jeans and teal trainers in the same style as everyone else's. He wields a cane exactly like Terezi's which splits into two swords like her's.

Lastly there's Arikka Serket-Pyrope. She shares Vriska's hair and has two of her "claw" horns. She wears a plain dark red t-shirt and blue jeans as well as a grey jacket like Vriska's and black trainers like everyone else's. She does not use either of her parents strife specibi, instead opting to use a black-hilted sword with a symbol in the shape of a spider in the centre of the crossguard.
[close]

I'll request the rest at a later date because I'm not particularly bothered about them
If you could do them in pairs that'd be great
Darade/Kiarez
Aerrop/Kastis
Darvat/Orclas
Agatha/Arikka
Either in casual poses or ready stances.
The pairs are listed in order of importance but you don't have to do them in that order if you don't want to.
Orclas and Aerrop both have siblings but they will be included in the next list as the people they are paired with are there

The Skarzs

CAVE TROLLS ARE BETTER. CAVE TROLLS ARE BETTER. CAVE TROLLS ARE BETTER. CAVE TROLLS ARE BETTER. CAVE TROLLS ARE BETTER. CAVE TROLLS ARE BETTER. CAVE TROLLS ARE BETTER. CAVE TROLLS ARE BETTER. CAVE TROLLS ARE BETTER. CAVE TROLLS ARE BETTER. CAVE TROLLS ARE BETTER. CAVE TROLLS ARE BETTER. CAVE TROLLS ARE BETTER. CAVE TROLLS ARE BETTER. CAVE TROLLS ARE BETTER. CAVE TROLLS ARE BETTER. CAVE TROLLS ARE BETTER. CAVE TROLLS ARE BETTER. CAVE TROLLS ARE BETTER. CAVE TROLLS ARE BETTER. ^
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.