The Wedding of VerdSteer of Nothing Much

Started by Sebias of Redwall, November 22, 2019, 01:20:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

One-Eye the wildcat

Well, this is all going to go to hell in a hand-basket if we actually go through with this...

I'm all for it.
"What will become of us? Where will we go, we who wander this vast wasteland in search of our better selves?"

"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order, and everything becomes chaos. I'm an agent of chaos."
Long live the RRR!!

Sebias of Redwall

Quote from: The Grey Coincidence on November 22, 2019, 08:28:14 PM
You know what? I think I want Verdie to get married. So yeah Seb... you're not the wedding cake.
Er...thanks? :P

So... What kind of dancing do the lovely couple want? Square dancing, or maybe a swing dance?
"I can only speak two languages. English and rubbish." ~Brian Jacques

"No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly."

"Evil labours with vast power and perpetual success - in vain: preparing always only the soil for unexpected good to sprout in."

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

Kade Rivok

It seems to me that the groom has yet to actually arrive.
Words!
Writings of a Mad Man

Songs!
Kade's Vocal Emporium

Gaming!
The Noob Combo

Super Special Medals!

Ebantu the Kararehe

Teer! You should have a ceilidh! Please?!
I think the groom is avoiding this topic.
Infant Ebby is a smol, out-of-control firebending terror. It's a good thing she's also quite cute.

May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
And rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

Kade Rivok

Yar, I concur.  (For the second sentence, I mean.  Can't say one way or the other for the first one  :P)
Words!
Writings of a Mad Man

Songs!
Kade's Vocal Emporium

Gaming!
The Noob Combo

Super Special Medals!

Ebantu the Kararehe

You mean you've never been to a ceilidh? Your education is sadly lacking. ('ceilidh' is pronounced 'kay-lee', by the way)
Infant Ebby is a smol, out-of-control firebending terror. It's a good thing she's also quite cute.

And until we meet again,

Booklover

Error. Error. Cannot compute.

Kade Rivok

Words!
Writings of a Mad Man

Songs!
Kade's Vocal Emporium

Gaming!
The Noob Combo

Super Special Medals!

Ebantu the Kararehe

*rolls eyes and mutters at the missing cultural education of some people*
Ceilidhs are from SHETLAND!!! Seriously. The only traditional dances here are Maori, and Maori words are spelt in a readable way. Also, a ceilidh isn't just ONE dance. It's a dance party that can last for days and days. Now do you see why we should have one? They're great! And you have a feast every now and again to stop people getting bored of dancing. It's a beautiful thing to have at a wedding.
Teer, what do you think of Dashing White Sergeant, Gay Gordons, and Strip the Willow for the first three dances?

And until we meet again,

Booklover

Ebantu the Kararehe

I think the bride is avoiding this topic as well. I assumed you would know more about ceilidhs than any one else here, Booklover, seeing as you're from Great Britain.
And another thing: what time is it in England? I think it's about 8:30 pm ish, right?

And until we meet again,

Booklover

shisteer of nothing much

*sighs* Fine, I will cooperate, for a while, at least.

Colours: Pale orange. (Kind of pinky-orange. Just think the colour of the sunset)

Dancing+music: Ceilidh and opera, when we stop for a food break. (Ebby is in charge of the music. Yes, Dashing White Sergeant, Gay Gordons and Strip the Willow are good for the first dances)

Cake: (since I've been out-voted on my first choice) Carrot cake with cream cheese icing and walnuts.

Flowers: Anything that smells good and goes well with the aforementioned colours.

Other stuff: No chairs allowed. People can sit on beanbags or cushions if they don't want to dance. There will also be a pillow fight after the feast.

Edit: Ebby and Booklover can be the bridesmaids. Keva can be the maiden of dishonour. (and yes, I did just make that title up)
Kade can be the patron sponsor. (and no, I didn't just make that title up)
    I have a shiny thing! See?

And another shiny thing:

And also some random, unnecessary coding.[/li][/list]

Long live the RRR!

Kade Rivok

Hey, if the dancing goes on long enough, you might tire everyone out to the point of exhaustion.  That's when you can make your escape!  Don't tell them I told you that though.
Words!
Writings of a Mad Man

Songs!
Kade's Vocal Emporium

Gaming!
The Noob Combo

Super Special Medals!

shisteer of nothing much

Quote from: Kade Rivok on November 23, 2019, 11:36:47 PM
Hey, if the dancing goes on long enough, you might tire everyone out to the point of exhaustion.  That's when you can make your escape!  Don't tell them I told you that though.
*rolls eyes* That's why the food is there; so they can have a break every now and then. Besides, why would I want to escape?
That's actually my plan. Don't tell anyone.
    I have a shiny thing! See?

And another shiny thing:

And also some random, unnecessary coding.[/li][/list]

Long live the RRR!