News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

2nd Forum Anniversary Topic - Oh how far we've come

Started by Matthias720, June 09, 2013, 04:04:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matthias720

Would you look at that. Another twelve months have already sped by in the blink of an eye. Come one, come all, and share your memories of the times you've spent here. Recall the happy moments that made you smile, for we are celebrating a joyous occasion! Be sure and also stop by Cavern Hole for a wonderful feast.

Lutra

Best memory I have is when we did our April Fool's jokes, and I led the charge as Russano. :D  Nobody knew what was going on!
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Redwaller

Already two years have passed(one for me). How time flies: it seems like yesterday since I posted for the first time.

Leatho Shellhound

Some of my favorite times was role-playing with AbbotAlf0805 and co. It was a great time. I hope to see more of that in the third year of the forum.
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

phoenixfoden

Some of my highlights would be the humour of the members here,you guys are really fun!

DanielofRedwall

My favourite memories, hmmm... I agree with Lutra, the April Fools pranks were way too much fun. I also think the Death-defying Beaver invasion of a year and a bit ago was very memorable, as well as every single round of Overlord's Orders.
Thanks everyone for making this such a great place! Here's hoping for many more joyous years to come!
Received mostly negative reviews.

Rainshadow

Mmm, I seriously can't choose a favourite moment on here.  Ever since I joined last year (exactly a year!  Wow!), it's just been a wonderful ride.  I think the closest I'd come to a favourite moment would be when I was introduced to roleplaying.  I mean, those first couple of months doing RPs like The Hero of Redwall and The Outcasts were awesome!  And the one with the mods all playing as human-turned-animal characters was very fun, too.  ;D  We should revive that at some point!
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Dannflower Reguba

Quote from: Lutra on June 09, 2013, 04:26:54 PM
Best memory I have is when we did our April Fool's jokes, and I led the charge as Russano. :D  Nobody knew what was going on!

:P You can't re-pull the wool over MY eyes twice like that! The only time you had me was for about the first 20 seconds that I saw it. Last years was the one that had me worried for awhile.  ::)
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Ungatt Trunn

I've had several nice memorys! Playing goofy games, discussing the Redwall books, and, lets not forget, the April Fool joke! Now that was a great 'un! :D

Life is too short to rush through it.

W0NWILL

The memories I'll treasure when I leave(though that won't be for a while yet!), are not really the memories of the forum itself, but all the great people who have come together to discuss their common interest. What I'm trying to say is, though the memories are great and all, such as posting my first fanfiction and getting positive reviews, it's really the members that make those memories that count.

Happy Forum Anniversary.

Rainshadow

Quote from: danflorreguba on June 10, 2013, 03:19:03 AM

:P You can't re-pull the wool over MY eyes twice like that! The only time you had me was for about the first 20 seconds that I saw it. Last years was the one that had me worried for awhile.  ::)

Yeah, I wasn't even HERE for the first April Fool's joke, but I knew what was going on when I saw everything Salamandastron-ized.  ;)

Quote from: W0NWILL on June 10, 2013, 04:37:40 AM
The memories I'll treasure when I leave(though that won't be for a while yet!), are not really the memories of the forum itself, but all the great people who have come together to discuss their common interest. What I'm trying to say is, though the memories are great and all, such as posting my first fanfiction and getting positive reviews, it's really the members that make those memories that count.

Happy Forum Anniversary.

Hear, hear!  *Raises mug*  :)
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Taggerung_of_Redwall

This thread is stirring some memories. I have to agree with Lutra and Daniel-the April Fools jokes have been great fun both planning and doing. And those days of fighting death-defying beavers-that's been quite awhile since its heyday now. And of course I've enjoyed Overlord's Orders rounds on this forum. As far as other forum games go, it was a lot of fun to play the 'count as high as you can' game with all the ever-shifting rules, especially when James Gryphon added in his new thoughts and we could all develop how we thought best to play. Not that we still don't do all of that.
It was a cramped little board at first before we ever expanded it, and we had that Papyrus font to try and read. We've added all sorts of new boards, in fact, to better provide the forum to grow and organize.

And I now remember my stoves. I don't think I'll bother to link them, I have no idea what state they're in, or why I ever wrote them. But I suppose nuclear fines in Chico combined with stoves battling death-defying beavers and working with grilled cheese sandwiches sort of demanded a silly, short of stove adventure series, right? May as well have, anyway...

So, here's to another good year of good discussion, roleplay, fun and friends!
Start building something beautiful and just put the hate away

Ungatt Trunn

I wasn't around for the death-defying beavers. What were tbey?

Life is too short to rush through it.

Russano the Wise

I've been hearing a lot about this April Fool's joke. I'm rather sad that I missed it. Oh well.

There's not many memories you can have in just a few days but I guess so far I've really enjoyed how welcoming everyone was. There seems to be a lot of great people on this forum.

"But if you really love your friends, they're never really gone. Somewhere they're watching over you and they're always there inside your heart." -Martin the Warrior

DanielofRedwall

Received mostly negative reviews.