News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Seeing Auras

Started by Unimaginative, August 07, 2014, 06:48:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Romsca

Quote from: PluggFiretail on January 29, 2015, 02:49:31 AM
Your aura changes colors frequently. Auras have what I call a "base color(s)" that reflect your personality. These can change, but not as often as other colors; they change with your character. The other colors in your aura represent your emotions and well being. A good example of this is when a person is relaxed, they will probably have shades of blue or another cool color in their aura. If they suddenly are insulted, red will flare up like their anger. It basically is, like I said earlier, an extension of you. There is more to auras, like their movement and manipulation, but I am not to confident in that area yet and I do not want to provide you with the wrong information.

Wait what?? ??  ???

I thought this was something you believed like, five years ago, and not anymore

(Plugg and I are friends IRL)

Delthion

Now Skye is going to grill you for details... ;D ;D ;D ;D
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Wylder Treejumper

Mmhm... Not really something that bears thinking about. I keep emotions all too well contained, and I would  not prefer (and doubt it is possible) for someone to be able to look at me and say, "Oh, he's a glowy magenta and burgundy today. He must be feeling..."

Character is not a color. it is an intangible, its defenition disputed, its content constantly changing, fully accessible only to those it belongs to. Why should this most personal of all belongings be projected for any to see?
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Romsca

Maudie

I think the big idea is that you have to have a gift to see them. Like some people believe in second sight, some people believe in aura-seeing. Iunno. :P
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

Cornflower MM

Quote from: Mhera on January 29, 2015, 12:40:21 AM
It's not so much the aura part as the ghost part I could (but won't, don't worry :P) comment on.

Anyhow, I've never had a migraine but my mom gets them every so often. She describes the aura related to them as something that occurs before the migraine takes place that makes her head feel weird and fuzzes or dims (forget which, maybe both) her vision.

*Now really, really, really wants to say something but doesn't wanna start a forum war* I WILL say this: I believe in ghosts, because I have lived with them and seen htem. They are spirits who are simply trapped here on Earth, and have no idea what o do now, where to go, or any of that. It's quite easy to help them.

Quote from: PluggFiretail on January 29, 2015, 02:49:31 AM
I have had migraines before. The aura one sees when experiencing a migraine is like the white glow in your vision after you look at the sun or a bright light. It stays in one spot as you look around.

Even though it has been defined many times before, I feel like a concise definition is needed. Your aura is an extension of you. Its color is based on character, emotions and well being.

Your aura changes colors frequently. Auras have what I call a "base color(s)" that reflect your personality. These can change, but not as often as other colors; they change with your character. The other colors in your aura represent your emotions and well being. A good example of this is when a person is relaxed, they will probably have shades of blue or another cool color in their aura. If they suddenly are insulted, red will flare up like their anger. It basically is, like I said earlier, an extension of you. There is more to auras, like their movement and manipulation, but I am not to confident in that area yet and I do not want to provide you with the wrong information.

*Claps* Oh, well done Plugg! You just said what I've been trying to say!

Quote from: Mask on January 29, 2015, 05:22:32 PM
Quote from: rusvulthesaber on January 28, 2015, 11:15:57 PM
au·ra
?ôr?/
noun
noun: aura; plural noun: aurae; plural noun: auras

the distinctive atmosphere or quality that seems to surround and be generated by a person, thing, or place.
    "the ceremony retains an aura of mystery"
    synonyms:   atmosphere, ambience, air, quality, character, mood, feeling, feel, flavor, tone, tenor; More
    emanation;
    informalvibe
    "an aura of sophistication"
        a supposed emanation surrounding the body of a living creature, viewed by mystics, spiritualists, and some practitioners of complementary medicine as the essence of the individual, and allegedly discernible by people with special sensibilities.
        any invisible emanation, especially a scent or odor.
        "there was a faint aura of disinfectant"
        Medicine
        a warning sensation experienced before an attack of epilepsy or migraine.

I don't think that your definition is the only one, Plugg. Lots of people think of auras as a feeling, but your definition can be true for some people, too.

Corn, while I don't agree with your ideas of natural energy and stuff, I do think it is possible. Just sort of the weirder side of Naturopathy.

*Sighs* Okay. at leats you think it's possible, right? :P And yes, Naturopathy can be a tad odd at times, but what can't?

Quote from: Mask on January 30, 2015, 03:46:02 PM
I think the big idea is that you have to have a gift to see them. Like some people believe in second sight, some people believe in aura-seeing. Iunno. :P

Not exactly a gift. . . . *Tries to figure out how to explain without upsetting or accidentally insulting everyone* It's more like. . . . . Everyone has the ability, we just don't have it switched on. Some people, like my dad, just do it, I suppose. I'm getting there, to the extent of being able to see a simple light around someone, I just can't see the whole thing.

Quote from: Wylder Treejumper on January 29, 2015, 10:23:45 PM
Mmhm... Not really something that bears thinking about. I keep emotions all too well contained, and I would  not prefer (and doubt it is possible) for someone to be able to look at me and say, "Oh, he's a glowy magenta and burgundy today. He must be feeling..."

Character is not a color. it is an intangible, its defenition disputed, its content constantly changing, fully accessible only to those it belongs to. Why should this most personal of all belongings be projected for any to see?

Oh, Pockets. It IS possible. *Sighs* I'd like to debate this point some other time.
Now, for your other point, it's not your character - It's your auric field. Yes, it's constantly changing, because it picks up everything from you! Okay? can you think on that for a while with an open mind? Please?