News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

QFR: Cooper (Rainshadow) vs. Raven Brinewater (Brookskimmer)

Started by BrookSkimmer, January 06, 2013, 05:00:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrookSkimmer

The dark otter moved like lightening to cover the ground to Cooper. The wildcat had just board the Lashkeel and Raven was determined to slay him for his mutiny. The otter rushed forward, cutlass drawn, and swung at his chest.

The deck of the Lashkeel began to sway as waves picked up. All around the sounds of battle rang. The otter felt an unknown ferocity build inside of her. She had to kill this wildcat if she was going to take slaves for her ship!

Rainshadow

Cooper only had a hold of one of his scimitars, and, seeing the otter advancing, he quickly drew his other one.  As soon as she swung, Cooper blocked.  A loud clanging noise sounded, making Cooper wince, and his paws stung from the fierceness of the blow.
  Cooper yowled and hissed, making noises only a wildcat can.  Surprisingly, even though he was in the middle of a battle, he felt no fear.  This, this was what he knew how to do.  He pushed hard with both scimitars, hoping to make Raven stumble with the heavy shove.
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

BrookSkimmer

Raven was taken aback by the ferocity of Cooper's counter attack. The force of the blades connecting sent painful reverberations down her paw and arm. Then he shoved her backwards. Before she could blink the black otter was on the deck!

She scrambled backwards, chancing a glance for Birata. Perhaps he could help her against this wildcat. The captain gulped the struggled to hide her mounting fear. She stood up and flicked her blade forward, hoping to cut the cat's face.

Rainshadow

Cooper stepped back just in time, the blade slicing through some of his whiskers.  He glared at Raven.  "It took me a while ta grow those, seadog!"
  He swung his duel blades forward, one at Raven's face, the other at her feet.  The wildcat figured that if she couldn't walk, this battle would be much easier.  He needed to have a distraction, so he had also included the attack to her face.
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

BrookSkimmer

Raven was regaining composure. She smiled thinly and stepped back, away from the scything blades.

"Took you even longer to grow a backbone, mange coat!"

She hopped forward and sliced at his side.

Rainshadow

It was tripping on a bucket that saved Cooper's life.  He tried to step back from her, his footpaw smacking against a bucket that was lying there.  He fell, hitting his head against the ground as Raven's blade flew above his head.  The sun was glittering on Raven's blade, and the wildcat couldn't help but admire its beauty.
  Stop that, Cooper! he scolded.  Pay attention!  He stood back up, his head throbbing.  Shuffling his footpaws, Cooper tried thinking of what to do, but ended up just randomly swinging his blades at the otter.

BrookSkimmer

"Watch out clumsy paws! Don't let a bucket be your undoing."

Raven chuckled to herself as she held her cutlass vertically in front of her body. She could have stabbed the cat as he was standing up, but where was the fun in that? She would kill him eventually, why end it too quickly.

As his blades came forward, Raven moved to the side and slashed again, this time aiming at his right sword paw.

Rainshadow

Cooper moved his paw back slightly, causing the deadly blade to strike his crossguard.  He nearly dropped his scimitar, crying out in pain as the swords made contact.
  With his other paw, Cooper tried to swing at Raven, aiming for her sword paw.  As much as he wanted to kill this otter, he knew that it wasn't the right thing to do.

BrookSkimmer

Raven smiled grimly as Cooper let out a cry of pain.

"You'll be crying for death when I'm finished with you cat!"

She swung forward again, hoping to take him on the shoulder. But his blade struck at her sword paw. The steel cut into her upper arm, causing blood to spring forth. The captain bit her tongue to keep from screaming in pain.

The evil otter switched her blade to her other paw. It was weaker but she could still cause damage with it. She swung forward hard at Cooper, hoping to take him across the chest.

Rainshadow

Cooper leaned back as far as he could, trying not to fall over again.  The sword swished past, still cutting him on the chest.  He cried out in pain as blood oozed from the small wound.  That hurt!
  He straightened himself up, wincing as pain flowed from his chest.  Tightening his grip on the twin blades, Cooper dove forward, attempting to plunge his blades into his enemy's stomach.

BrookSkimmer

Raven dodged to the side and stumbled as the cat came at her. She hit the railing of the ship hard and fell to the deck. Her head was spinning from lack of air and she gasped for breath. The otter used the rail to help her up and brandished her cutlass towards Cooper.

"RRRaaa!"

With a yowl of rage she dove forward over a pile of rope, hoping to stab him with the cutlass point.

Rainshadow

Cooper quickly parried, gasping for breath and barely managing to stand upright.  His chest hurt so badly!
  Cooper, with his left paw on his chest, swung wildly at Raven's head, hoping to catch her off guard.

BrookSkimmer

Raven ducked to the side and again moved to the side. This time the rope she had moved over became tangled around her footpaw. Cooper's blade had left a slash mark over her brow and blood trickled into her eyes. She clamped her injured paw briefly to the wound but blood continued to flow.

She slashed out again while backing up towards the railing. This fight was not going as planned.

Rainshadow

Cooper didn't quite dodge that blow, but leaned far enough to one side that the sword only caught his ear.  Unfortunately, he was now missing most of his left ear.
  He clamped a paw on this new wound, tears of pain flowing from his eyes.  He stepped forward, following Raven as she backed up.  He was waving his scimitar wildly, not caring where it went.  He just wanted to hit his target.

BrookSkimmer

Raven no longer cared to jibe the wildcat. She was in too much pain to think of witty comments. All she could do was try to keep her sword in paw and kill Cooper. His blade waved wildly in front of her and she grimaced as she tried to parry.

She inched along the side of the railing until she was at the point where the railing became lower to admit the anchor onto the deck.

The captain lunged forward again, trying disparately to back Cooper off.